+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

Re: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

My picks were all wrong last night except for Jordis and Chris Mann. Apparently being a person who actually buys music and knows what they like doesn't count for a lot.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate it when singers crouch over while they're singing, like they've got bad stomach cramps or diarrhea. So many of the contestants were doing that last night and I found it annoying. Stand up and sing properly! It might be ok to crouch once during the entire performance but a little of that goes a long way.
    Glad I was not the only one thinking what do they think they are doing watching them crouch like they needed to go to the toilet. I hope they watch it and realize how unflattering they looked.

I did think Chris was better than Tony. Much better.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I disagreed with the "winners" most of the time too. And many times of the 3 other coaches, the person I liked best had 2 of their votes.

Regarding the crouching - I was really impressed with how much of a difference it made when Robin Thicke showed Chris how to not tuck back, but to open himself up when singing "You love this town" from "Beautiful Day." However, I don't think Chris was able to do enough (even though I still preferred Chris over Tony). But after seeing Robin's example, I also noticed a lot of the performers do that. It's like they're not really comfortable onstage, and they're trying to protect themselves, sort of like when people cross their arms to emotionally shield themselves. But a seasoned performer like Robin has the confidence to open up and expose himself (not literally, of course) to his audience.
    Debb70 likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I noticed that bit of instruction as well and after seeing that the "curls" were all that more apparent.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    What has impressed me so far is that the show went for the first 17 minutes without a commercial.

If by Tony Vincent you mean the former Mousketeer, yes he won his round as part of Adam's team.
    I didn't know he was a mouseketeer! I saw him on Broadway in Jesus Christ Superstar - he was FABULOUS! I saw it ten times and he was a BIG reason why

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I didn't know he was a mouseketeer! I saw him on Broadway in Jesus Christ Superstar - he was FABULOUS! I saw it ten times and he was a BIG reason why
    Tony Vincent wasn't a mouseketeer, Tony Lucca was.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Finally got to see the battle between Angie and Cheesa. Wow! They were both very good, and I had high hopes for Angie. Cheesa really wanted this and it came out in her performance. She definitely won that battle. Her voice has some really nice texture that I didn't notice in the blind auditions.

WOW! The epic battle was Jesse vs Anthony! They sounded awesome! I wanted XTina to be able to keep both of them. They should team up and record, they could make beautiful music together.

I'm happy for Jordis, but disappointed that we didn't get to hear more from Brian, since he was not shown in the blind auditions. He's hot!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I didn't like any of the song choices the coaches picked for their teams. The battle rounds I find a bit dull tbh. I had the show on, but it just became background noise for the most part. I did enjoy seeing Alanis, Alan and Kelly though. It gets more interesting for me when we get down to the nitty gritty and get to vote.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

This is my first season watching more than a couple of the auditions and I think the battle round is epic! Feels like gladiators fighting to the death. Trying to upstage each other more than Il Divo. I didn't agree with all the coaches' choices, but I know they've seen a LOT more of the contestants than the quick clips we're privy to. There could be personality quirks, or voice history problems the coach doesn't want to deal with. I wouldn't want a cheerleader with only 10 months experience in my stable.
    Do you think the other judges give their opinions to throw off the one making the decision or to give equal praise to everyone? I don't remember anyone who didn't get a 2:2 split.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    This is my first season watching more than a couple of the auditions and I think the battle round is epic! Feels like gladiators fighting to the death. Trying to upstage each other more than Il Divo. I didn't agree with all the coaches' choices, but I know they've seen a LOT more of the contestants than the quick clips we're privy to. There could be personality quirks, or voice history problems the coach doesn't want to deal with. I wouldn't want a cheerleader with only 10 months experience in my stable.
    Do you think the other judges give their opinions to throw off the one making the decision or to give equal praise to everyone? I don't remember anyone who didn't get a 2:2 split.
    Yes, I think the comments are designed in advance to protect the feelings of the one going home. There's no need to make them feel any worse. I see nothing wrong with that.

I have problems with Blake's song choices. It's odd how he and his wife have such great songs that they record, but he has lousy taste in picking the songs for his team members IMO.

+ Reply to Thread