+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 2/27 The Voice Season 2 The Final Blind Auditions

2/27 The Voice Season 2 The Final Blind Auditions

Hey All,

Looks like I didn't miss posting with my fellow Voice lovers.

The coaches have their 12. I think that it'll be a good set of battle rounds!

I am really glad that no one went for Novacane! So much attitude.

I loved the Mom that literally jumped on Carson when her daughter was picked.

Overall... glad they're moving to the battle rounds!

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/27 The Voice Season 2 The Final Blind Auditions

I didn't see all of it, but why in the world did all three of the guys turn around for Lex Land or whatever that woman's name was? She was, as CeLo pointed out, way off pitch at times, plus she took breaths in weird places and half-chewed her words, which disrupted the lyrical flow of the song. They kept going on about her lower range, but what difference does it make if she can hit lower notes when she doesn't hit them accurately and it's way more breath than sound? I just don't get it. She sounded like she was doing a drunk karaoke version of that Bonnie Riatt song to me.

There have been a couple of women the guys have been crazy about who, IMO, could barely sing at all but got called "unique" while the male singers weren't labeled similarly--and Christina wasn't always buying into the "unique" business with the women . Is it some kind of guy thing that they find some women who really aren't that vocally impressive sexy or something?

The rock and roll farm boys singing Billy Idol were a little crazy, but as the judges all said, they were fun! An interesting Cee Lo pick. I couldn't quite tell if liked them after turning around or if he was just being polite. Time will tell, I guess. And their parents rocking out in the room, that was precious.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well, the number of posts sure indicate that tonight's show was kinda lame. I liked Whitney and Sara, but nobody else impressed me that much. Even that last girl, Adley who ended up on Blake's team, wasn't great. Guess they aren't having a wild card round this year? Too bad because there were certainly some who I thought might have been picked up in that round.

The bro-mance between Adam and Blake continues to amuse me. They definitely make me laugh out loud and I enjoy watching those two. Such a good mood that even XTina can't annoy me, that's saying something. Haha.
    kateb and Jaceegirl like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Well, the number of posts sure indicate that tonight's show was kinda lame. I liked Whitney and Sara, but nobody else impressed me that much. Even that last girl, Adley who ended up on Blake's team, wasn't great. Guess they aren't having a wild card round this year? Too bad because there were certainly some who I thought might have been picked up in that round.

The bro-mance between Adam and Blake continues to amuse me. They definitely make me laugh out loud and I enjoy watching those two. Such a good mood that even XTina can't annoy me, that's saying something. Haha.
    I cracked up when Adam said he loved Blake, but "not in any kind of sexual way" and Blake replied "I wish I could say the same."

That's why once the actual competition starts, I'm less interested--the interaction between the judges is at least half the fun.
    Cootie likes this.

The final audition of the night was good. Christina got up and sang with the woman she picked for her 12th player. That was fun! I like everything about this show and look forward to next Monday! It is much more entertaining than watching the Bachelor! Especially with Ben...
    JunkieGirl, AsIs, Allie and 3 others like this.

If I'm understanding the battle round correctly, each coach has to get rid of half of their "players" (yes?). So I would think going out on a limb for some of the contestants that aren't that great would be strategic in the sense that they don't have to make difficult decisions if they coach them and things don't improve.
    I'm most impressed by Adam. He seems to really close his eyes and listen, often hitting his button right away if he hears someone he connects with. The others try to psych each other out, pretending to reach for their buttons and look to the audience for feedback a lot.
    Count your blessings!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I also like Christina's last pick. The girl was good too, and her awe and shock were amusing to watch.

I wasn't thrilled with many of the other picks. I thought they DID make a mistake passing over Novacane... yeah, he was cocky something terrible, but he did have a voice... what a range! I was hoping for a wildcard round too, but I think they were heavily criticized for it last season. (If you get a chance to pick people after you've seen them, it takes away from the premise of the show, right?) That may be why the wildcard round was dropped. But there were plenty that could have been contenders in a wild card round, Novacane included.

I just love Adam and Blake so much. I just wish Christina would wear a top that is a little more demure. Just put the puppies away for a change.
    Cootie, Babbred, AlwaysVeg and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    If I'm understanding the battle round correctly, each coach has to get rid of half of their "players" (yes?). So I would think going out on a limb for some of the contestants that aren't that great would be strategic in the sense that they don't have to make difficult decisions if they coach them and things don't improve.
    I'm most impressed by Adam. He seems to really close his eyes and listen, often hitting his button right away if he hears someone he connects with. The others try to psych each other out, pretending to reach for their buttons and look to the audience for feedback a lot.
    If that's what they're doing--assuming some of their picks are likely to be sacrificial lambs, so it's okay to take a chance on someone who has a "unique" sound as opposed to someone who can actually sing--then they're really being unfair to people with better voices whom they pass over and cruel to people they assume they'll probably be dropping anyway. I hope that's not the case. Besides, it's perfectly possible to have a different or unusual sound and still be able to hit the notes and breathe in the correct places. Unfortunately, I think some of the "unique" sounding women may end up being kept because of the way they look, as opposed to the way they sound, now that everyone knows how they look and that some of the singers who aren't as attractive to the judges/audience might get dropped. Seriously, almost anyone should be able to out sing Lex Land, since she can't stay on pitch, chews her words, and has zero breath control. If she lasts past the first round, it's ridiculous, because she shouldn't have made it onto a team in the first place.
    Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.

I am not a Christina fan but she does have a voice!!!

The last pick of Blake's...the country girl who had only been singing for 10 months (or something like that)....I actually thought she would have benefited going with Christina b/c even though a different genre Christina would have really helped her vocally in terms of learning to sing. You can tell she doesn't have experience/lessons but has a good voice.

I also think the judges pick some they know will be easy to get rid of in the battle round.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast