+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

Re: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

I watched the audition process last year and am watching it again last year. I didn't watch past that, but am really curious to see how the show plays out. My question - do you think they get feedback from the audience or have plants in the audience to give them a clue about the physical aspects of the contestants? Adam closes his eyes a lot when listening, but it seems like the others are peering into the audience a lot.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I watched the audition process last year and am watching it again last year. I didn't watch past that, but am really curious to see how the show plays out. My question - do you think they get feedback from the audience or have plants in the audience to give them a clue about the physical aspects of the contestants? Adam closes his eyes a lot when listening, but it seems like the others are peering into the audience a lot.
    C closes her eyes a lot, too. My guess is they are looking for the audience reactions and listening for it as well. There have been some pretty and handsome people who they have expressed dismay over not selecting once they turn around.

This is the first season that I have started to watch and I love ittttt! Great show, love the format so far.
    Allie likes this.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Fort Member

I do like this better than Idol as there are no joke auditions and deluded people, all of them are talented which makes it much harder although it does make me cry more when someone doesn't get chosen

FORT Fan

I think that the audience reaction definitely plays into it, but not how the audience thinks the contestant LOOKS. I think they're looking to the audience to see how a contestant might fare selling tickets in the future. If a contestant has a borderline voice, but the audience is on their feet cheering and singing along, that would probably influence a judge to turn around and give them a chance to compete in the next round. On the other hand, if a judge is waffling about whether or not they should pick a contestant and sees no reaction at all from the audience, it probably convinces them to NOT pick that person. It's hard to teach a person to connect with their audience, but someone who gives a great performance has a much better chance of moving on with a mediocre voice. I hate to say it, but look at Taylor Swift. Now there's a girl that has seriously benefited from AutoTune, but people talk about how she gives a great live performance. It doesn't hurt that she's a pretty girl, but there's a million pretty girls who can sing better than her that have zero talent in keeping people interested. So I'm sure the judges are looking for that little something extra, especially judges like Christina and Cee-lo whose stage shows have always been huge events.
    Babbred likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213