+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

Re: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    do you guys think, the judges know in advance who is competing? do they know their back stories beforehand
    I think they might.I dont find these blind auditions so blind. I think they have been vetted beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    do you guys think, the judges know in advance who is competing? do they know their back stories beforehand
    The producers and maybe even Carson vet the performers before they go on, but I don't think the Mentors are given any info. They have been too surprised too many times.
    Katydyd and Jaceegirl like this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    On a side note: Holy heartthrobs, batman, it keep forgetting just how hot Adam is!
    Oh yes he is! He may be young enough to be my....younger brother ....but he alone would keep me tuning in!! Luckily, I adore this show with or without Adam. He's just the deliciously yummy icing on the cake!

This show is so much better than AI. The singers are better, the judges are better, the format is better....I like that all the singers can actually sing. No one gets to audition for the coaches just because they're outrageous, no one has fake hissy fits, cursing and exclaiming they're the best and everyone else sucks and the coaches are crazy for not putting them through....I really appreciate that they're all greatful to be given a chance, and when they don't make it, they're actually polite and will often ask for advice on what they can do to improve. Heck, I even liked the Prince medley in the beginning of the show last night! I think my favorites so far are the black guy who auditioned second on Sunday's show...was it Jesse?...the opera guy, and Lindsey (all on team X-tina, hmmmmm). I liked Gwen also, even though Country really isn't my thing. Honestly, there's not really a bad one in the bunch yet, I'm curious to see how they all do when he competition starts. The one drawback with this show, is that only one from each team will compete for the final spot. So if you get a team that is loaded with some of the best singers, you end up losing some great talent while others that may not be as strong get to stay because their team isn't as competitive (if that makes sense).
    Allie, Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I guess Adam just isn't my type. I hadn't noticed him being hot.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I got more jazzed about the singers the first night (Sunday) than I did on Monday. They were all right, but not spectacular. I guess the second group would be more open to coaching, though. Blake is collecting the diverse bunch he said he wants this year; Christina is going for that "something different"; Ceelo, I don't know...who is he collecting? Adam is also gathering an interesting bunch. Next Monday another blind round happens and we'll see.
    Katydyd and Babbred like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I so agree, Adam is hot!

Am I the only one that is bothered by Christina's clothing, or rather, lack thereof? I thought we were getting dangerously close to having a wardrobe malfunction last night!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Oh yes he is! He may be young enough to be my....younger brother ....but he alone would keep me tuning in!! Luckily, I adore this show with or without Adam. He's just the deliciously yummy icing on the cake!
    Gawd yeah! with this sexy, bedroom eyes, he makes my toes curl. YOWZA!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Carson explains how he hand delivered invites to perform on the show.

Jamar, a former addict, is in recovery from his addiction. However, his addiction left him with HIV. A touching story that is followed up with an okay performance.

I'm not overly blown away by it though. He's not terrible, but doesn't mesh well with my particular taste.
    I thought he looked familiar. So when Jamar was auditioning for American Idol he kept this story to himself? He would have made the cut easily but I understand why he kept it secret. I thought he was a shoe-in but was he cut because the producers learned that he was a recovering drug addict and has HIV? He did re-audition and was given the golden ticket to Hollywood but he never showed up. Is it safe to assume that the reason for his no show was beause he was recovering from his HIV illness?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not a big fan of Adam's where singing is concerned, but yes, the man is a wee bit attractive!!!

Favorite singer so far is definitely Chris Mann. Love his voice.

That cutie-patootie Yale football player could have had all the tween votes wrapped up . . . . if only he could actually sing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I thought he looked familiar. So when Jamar was auditioning for American Idol he kept this story to himself? He would have made the cut easily but I understand why he kept it secret. I thought he was a shoe-in but was he cut because the producers learned that he was a recovering drug addict and has HIV? He did re-audition and was given the golden ticket to Hollywood but he never showed up. Is it safe to assume that the reason for his no show was beause he was recovering from his HIV illness?
    There is no recovery unfortunately, but HIV can be managed. He may not have been feeling well. He would not have been cut for that. They love a back story.

+ Reply to Thread