+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 2/5 Premiere Season 2

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 2/5 Premiere Season 2

I really liked Tony Luca. He made the right choice picking Adam as his mentor. This is shaping up to be a talented season.
    AsIs and AmyKay like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Was Christina told who that was? I'm thinking yes.
    I think a little birdie whispered in to her earpiece.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Just a short little montage.
    The montage of people arn't great, but they aren't train wrecks like on Idol.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Very excited for this new season! And yeah, I think this show is mostly invitational. So many of these people have had exposure, but need something more to bump them up into recognized performers.

So glad it is paired with SMASH as well. I downloaded SMASH last week and really liked the first episode. Will watch it again tomorrow.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I'm so glad this show is on again!
    The 4 coaches really seem to like each other, and kid each other a lot. Fun show to watch .
    Adam, Blake and Christina were on Ellen on Friday (Cee Lo was already in Indianapolis because of the Super Bowl), and they seemed genuinely fond of each other. They were joking around just like on The Voice.

A bit off topic, but I was particularly impressed with how Adam answered Ellen's question about what they thought about the disparaging remarks Randy Jackson made about The Voice. (Randy had made a crack about the contestants not being able to make it on Idol.) Adam said that everyone in the business sometimes needs 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances or more, and shame on Randy for being insensitive and irresponsible in his remarks. It was quite an entertaining episode if you can catch it online or elsewhere.

Back on topic: I love how the judges don't ridicule the people who aren't selected. They are very respectful, and that is a refreshing change from Idol.
    AsIs, AmyKay, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

WOW! What a way to kick off the season. I love the rocker chick and the opera guy already. The first girl will do amazing in Country.

What makes this show unique is that there must be a pre-audition and then invitations to appear are delivered. This is the place of the last or next to last chance for many of them. Also, with a season under their belts, the coaches are much more comfortable with the set up and each other - I laughed and giggled at them. Can't wait for tomorrow night.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If I counted correctly, they chose 4 singers. In an hour.

At this rate, it's going to be ages before we have 4 12-person teams.

I think we might watch it on DVR from now on...too many commercials! (Or maybe I was just commercial'ed out from the SuperBowl...)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Yes, too many commercial breaks are one thing that bugs me. But I've been eagerly awaiting the new season and it did not disappoint! I did like the opera guy and the rocker chick, the other two~~meh. The country girl sounds like she needs a lot more practice and Tony Lucca wasn't spectacular.

This show is on at the same time as the Bachelor tomorrow night. For the first time since it first aired, I won't be watching Bachelor. The Courtney show has turned me off. I'd rather watch Blake and Adam! Woooohoooo!
    kateb likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I happened to be in the next room when this show aired and discovered that I loved listening without watching the singers - I would get up once they had sung for a while, but it was fun to just listen. It changed my whole perspective on evaluating the singers. I plan to do it again tomorrow night. I love this show. I don't have any favorites yet - that is going to take a while. It should be way better than The Bachelor!
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Can someone who auditions and doesn't get picked audition again in another season? That would be neat if they allowed that.
    My guess is a big fat NO. They include rejects in the audtions to make it look legit, just like AI. No Tom Foolery here, there are bad auditions and they show some.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast