+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Re: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I, mistakenly, "liked" this post. I didn't see anything R&B about Javier, at all. In fact, I got the impression that, in his style, he was more identifiable with Adam Levin's style than any other singer. Christina even stated that she wanted to hear him do something more "soulful" than the "rock" he was continuously doing, IIRC.
    Rock? I wouldn't call what Javier did rock. What style is Adam Levin? (Sorry, don't know much about his band).
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Rock? I wouldn't call what Javier did rock. What style is Adam Levin? (Sorry, don't know much about his band).
    There are different layers of rock, it's such a confused genre. They can be called soft rock, alternative rock, some even say they are indie or adult contemporary/alternative. They fall into the same genre of David Cook, Matchbox 20, those kind of sounds.

I think Christina was just being her usual catty self when she made that comment. Javier is not what one would call traditional rock but then again, what exactly is that? Hard to say when the genre itself is so confused. Rhapsody and iTunes has them listed under the rock/pop category.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Pop" might be a better classification. I don't know that much about Adam Levin, but Javier's style was, I thought, extremely similar to Adam's, and the Maroon 5 genre.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had thought that Dia was going to win based on her ITunes standing.
    Not surprising that Javier won and was just 2% higher than she was.
    They were all very good and so above the blandness we've been seeing on AI as of late.
    So, although I would have loved to see Bev win, I'm not at all disapponted with Javier.

So glad the show will be returning.
    I missed the duets, etc. on Results night. I only got to see Carson announcing the winner.

The news announced yesterday that all 4 judges will be returning. I'm glad for that.
    Christina can be a Diva, for sure, but the fact that she gave her song Beautiful to Bev, to duet with her, showed real class to me. The message of the song was perfect for Bev and she knew that Bev's powerful voice would knock it out of the park. Christina may be a Diva, but she was pretty generous in doing that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Christina can be a Diva, for sure, but the fact that she gave her song Beautiful to Bev, to duet with her, showed real class to me. The message of the song was perfect for Bev and she knew that Bev's powerful voice would knock it out of the park. Christina may be a Diva, but she was pretty generous in doing that.
    I was neutral about her before the show, didn't care one way or another about her because she is a belter and I can't stand them. She made me come very close to hating her with her snotty attitude during this show. The way she seemed to sit on her throne acting like she was Queen Of the Singing World and better than the other judges/everybody else.

However.

I was actually impressed that she shared her song. I got that this was a big deal for her because she said it is her favorite song. I also really liked the message it sent since it was sung by Bev. So although I do not like her, I am willing to admit that she can show class and be generous.....which only makes me more irritated because why can't she do that all the time (be classy, etc).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    They were all very good and so above the blandness we've been seeing on AI as of late.
    Absolutely. Like I said above, these shows were polar opposites. I was bored to tears with AI this season because most of the singers were just blah. Even the winner, Scotty, just got up and did the same old schtick every week and basically phoned in his performances for the last half of the season.

In contrast, I really loved most of these contestants and looked forward to hearing most of them perform. (Even Xenia and Casey had lovely voices, they just needed some more polishing.)

I missed the duets, etc. on Results night. I only got to see Carson announcing the winner.
    Since those duets have not been made available for download, I have set aside my DVR disc with the results show and will not tape on it anymore. I want to be able to go back and hear Beverly and Vicci's, which were great. Beverly's, IMO, was the best of the night. She sang "Good Life" with the lead singer of One Republic (can't remember his name). You could tell they really clicked and were enjoying it. At one point towards the end he was doing the chorus while she did some runs and it was cool, like two pros having a jam session.

The news announced yesterday that all 4 judges will be returning. I'm glad for that.
    That's how I saw it. I had never heard this song before, but as soon as they started singing I thought, "This is perfect for Beverly!" I won't deny that she can be irritating at times, but as I said above, give me Xtina over Paula Abdul or any of the women who have replaced her on AI any day.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Don't know how anyone else felt, but I thought Stevie Nicks sang awful & didn't look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Don't know how anyone else felt, but I thought Stevie Nicks sang awful & didn't look much better.
    I didn't get to see her on the Results show, but I saw her when she was on DWTS. AT least, i think it was DWTS. And, yes, her voice was not good on that.
    Unfortunately, the majority of singers do lose their voices with time. It seems to be more the rule, rather than the exception.
    Tony Bennett is one of the few singers who seems to have retained his voice through the years.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It was kind of sad to see her like that.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789