+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Re: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm so glad that I was wrong in my prediction of who would win. I predcited Dia, but was really hoping it wouldn't be her. I have no problem with Javier winning. He has a great voice and sings in tune. I like that. Plus, he's a nice guy. I do wonder if he has the personality to make it big in the biz. He is WAAAAAy too low key for me. I am shocked most viewers were not bored with him. I have heard that mentioned numerous times. He never held my attention with his performances, even with a great voice.

Dia's personality and style are way to immature for me. Plus her voice is very limited IMO. Obviously, many others disagree.

Sad to see Bev and Vicci in the bottom 2. I liked them the most.

Honestly, where will the careers of these people go? Will Javier have a hit record? Will he go on a solo tour?

I heard that the group from The Voice will tour soon. Does anyone know which contestants will be included?

I do believe that the top 8 are touring (not the coaches)

Dia / Xenia Vicci /(the big guy can't remember his name) Beverly/Frenchie Javier/Casey

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Dia was just run of the mill; there are tons of girls out there that sound just like her. Ho-Hum. I am shocked at how much attention she has received, and that she won. I don't think I'd know her from paint drying on the wall, but then again, I like singing with more personality. Milquetoast has never worked for me.
    taracran likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought Dia was just run of the mill; there are tons of girls out there that sound just like her. Ho-Hum. I am shocked at how much attention she has received, and that she won. I don't think I'd know her from paint drying on the wall, but then again, I like singing with more personality. Milquetoast has never worked for me.
    She didn't win, Javier did lol.

Dia needs training. I said to my husband while listening to her taking such audible breaths "I bet if a good vocal coach got their hands on her, they could wipe that out". I think musical taste is so subjective, what is great to some is gawd awful to others. I liked her. I liked the way her voice would go to the high notes.

But then again, I'm Little Miss Sunshine when it comes to the top 4. I liked them all! Some more than others but I am truly happy that they all got this opportunity and hope something great comes their way.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I was happy with any of them winning but prefer Dia and then Javier.

When Blake got emotional about Dia I turned to my DH and said, "He is going to be one emotional wreck if he ever has girls". My DH agreed!! We have two girls so we know.
    taracran and alizarules like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Do we know if it will be on the regular Fall schedule, or when it will return?
    It is slated to have the first episode air after the Superbowl, last I read.

With all this talk about Dia, I started thinking back to when I liked someone with her musical style. I guess it would be Jewel in 1995 with You Were Meant For Me on her album Pieces Of You. I loved that song and the entire album. Her voice on that song was simple, low key, not much range and juvenile. But it was a big hit as it was a song that all women could relate to. I was so happy to see her stretch on that album with much deeper songs that showcased her range and depth of emotion such as in "Foolish Games."

Here's a clip for those too young to remember her. Do you think it's a fair comparison?

YouTube - ‪Jewel - You Were Meant For Me Official Music Video‬‏
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-30-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    She didn't win, Javier did lol.

Dia needs training. I said to my husband while listening to her taking such audible breaths "I bet if a good vocal coach got their hands on her, they could wipe that out". I think musical taste is so subjective, what is great to some is gawd awful to others. I liked her. I liked the way her voice would go to the high notes.

But then again, I'm Little Miss Sunshine when it comes to the top 4. I liked them all! Some more than others but I am truly happy that they all got this opportunity and hope something great comes their way.
    You know, I knew that. I have no idea why I commented that she'd won??!!!

Brain fart!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    With all this talk about Dia, I started thinking back to when I liked someone with her musical style. I guess it would be Jewel in 1995 with You Were Meant For Me on her album Pieces Of You. I loved that song and the entire album. Her voice on that song was simple, low key, not much range and juvenile. But it was a big hit as it was a song that all women could relate to. I was so happy to see her stretch on that album with much deeper songs that showcased her range and depth of emotion such as in "Foolish Games."

Here's a clip for those too young to remember her. Do you think it's a fair comparison?

YouTube - ‪Jewel - You Were Meant For Me Official Music Video‬‏
    I can see Jewel in Dia.. but I could never call Jewel's voice juvenile and with out range. That song showed her being restrained, that you dont need riffs and runs and drama to have a simple and beautiful song. Jewel attened Interlochen and was in the Opera program.. she had range.. but knew when to hold back. Dia does need some training and coaching and her voice could be amazing.. but she does have a style, a sound, and a vision.. she will do well from this show i think .
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You know, I knew that. I have no idea why I commented that she'd won??!!!

Brain fart!
    LOL I know, it's why I laughed when I posted that. I think it was a bit of wishful thinking *winks*. I did it over on SYTYCD when I posted the wrong name going home *sighs*.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I was happy with any of them winning but prefer Dia and then Javier.

When Blake got emotional about Dia I turned to my DH and said, "He is going to be one emotional wreck if he ever has girls". My DH agreed!! We have two girls so we know.
    That's how I saw their relationship, as father and daughter, which is why I didn't see anything wrong with it. I thought it was really sweet.

Just went and watched the performances again from the results show, or at least three of them. I couldn't bring myself to watch Dia/Miranda again. Anyway, I watched Javier/Stevie to see if I had been too harsh in not liking them, but nah, I wasn't. I really don't mean to insult a legend, but on her opening verse poor Stevie looked like she was stoned. Those hand gestures didn't help, either. It looked like she was in her own world, conducting an imaginary choir. It only got better when Javier jumped in. Their voices blended well.

Beverly and Vicci were still great. I wish they would make their duets available as downloads.
    Last edited by Babbred; 06-30-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread