+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Re: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Beverley sounded awful tonight.... flat, flat, flat.

I'm happy enough with the results. All of the judges I would be fine with returning... looking forward to the next season!
    Do we know if it will be on the regular Fall schedule, or when it will return?

Woohoo Congrats Javier. I was rooting for either Javier or Beverly so I am happy!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    Given the choice between Javier & Dia, Javier was the easy choice. Still don't understand how Dia has all this support, must be the country thing. Only one thing could stop the country force, Justin Bieber throwing his twitter supporters in Javiers direction.
    You would be shocked at the amount of support alternative listeners will throw an artists way. There's a bigger following than you can imagine. Take Christina Perri for instance. They played her little song on SYTYCD and it shot her to instant stardom. And Dia's song hit #1 on iTunes. It wasn't just the country fans.

I think we couldn't lose with any of them winning. I was hoping for Dia but I'm happy for Javier. And yes, Miranda did get close to the girls. She's been tweeting to them.
    Harmony2000 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Do we know if it will be on the regular Fall schedule, or when it will return?
    Carson said at some point during the show that it will return in the winter.

Christina is the one judge I cannot stand, I am hoping, wishing, praying they find another female singer to replace her and her crappy attitude.
    taracran likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

I like all the judges and hope they all return. I must be in the minority about Christina, though. I like her. She is a strong woman and seems to be authentic through and through - without the need for apologies.

Couple of thoughts .... I was never a huge Javier fan (like him more as a person than a singer), but his last song was the first one I sort of even liked. I've been a huge Beverly fan, but her final songs weren't great (and the duet with Christina just reinforced why Christina has been so successful...she is a great singer; Beverly paled miserably by comparison). Vicci's performances were kind of blah to me. I like her much better on her own. Not a huge Dia fan. The vocal "stylings" are old and immature for my taste.

I'm wondering though...producers have indicated they went out and found people to audition for this show. How did they find Xenia when even her best friend doesn't know she sings? I'm guessing some auditioned without being called????
    alizarules and Debb70 like this.

I like Dia's style the best (and hate country music by the way). I don't like Javier's musical style and as such probably wouldn't ever vote for him or buy any of his music. But I would likely buy her's. But it comes down to just being a style thing.

Beverly I liked for the most part. I liked some of her songs better than others but I probably wouldn't buy an album by her either.

Vicci I was not a big fan of because she reminded me entirely too much of Pat Benetar vocally. And I really was never a Pat fan either. She's a strong singer but again not in a way that I would likely buy an album from.

I think in the end (as with all these shows). It's really not about much more than what style of music people enjoy listening to who watch this show.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I like Dia's style the best (and hate country music by the way).
    I'm sorry, I don't get this. Dia is not country, her mentor was. She has/had the country vote and backing (most not all) because of Blake but not because of her vocal leaning.

As far as the finale goes, I couldn't believe the number of sleepy songs! This is the finale, I think they should have all gone out there and threw it all at the stage. Huge production, huge voices, generating as much excitement as possible. Instead most of them went the sleepy and completely forgettable route. Only Beverly and Vicci seemed to get it. I know they didn't win but days later they are the ones I still remember. That last routine was CeeLo was so amazing (I loved those dancers! Loved CeeLo's costume. Loved the way he worked in that warrior dance of hers and that warrior thing he sees in her into the routine) and then Beverly threw it all at the stage with her original song. Some may have hated it but it was memorable and it was the sort of routine one does when they are trying to win a competition.

About Pat Benetar, completely agree. I never liked her and as soon as somebody said that Vicci was channeling her, I understood why I couldn't get behind Vicci. Did I think she could sing? Heck yeah! The girl is mad talented, they all are! But I just couldn't throw my support behind her because she sings too big. I'm not a fan of the big, screaming, voices. They make my ears bleed. I prefer something softer and intimate (Jack Johnson is my absolute favorite singer, I just adore him and his vibe. Dia has that same quality).
    prhoshay likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I really enjoyed the low-key feel of the finale. It was a welcome change from the over-the-top (and poorly performed) extravaganzas that AI finales have become. I think Carson Daly did a fine job last night and all season of being professional and respectful, and not insinuating himself into a bigger role than what was required.

This show seemed so much more about finding a talented artist and not just finding a performer with a decent voice who could be turned into a singing sensation product. That is one reason (along with the marginal talent and the worthless judging) why AI became completely unwatchable for me midway through this season.

I liked each of these finalists and would have been happy with any winner. I am looking forward to next season, and I hope all the judges return, including Christina.
    alizarules likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I really enjoyed the low-key feel of the finale. It was a welcome change from the over-the-top (and poorly performed) extravaganzas that AI finales have become. I think Carson Daly did a fine job last night and all season of being professional and respectful, and not insinuating himself into a bigger role than what was required.
    Couldn't agree more. This finale was SO much better than the circuses that AI puts on. I teared up listening to the judges say how much they loved the contestants (although Xtina was a little cool towards Beverly so I can see why people would be irritated by her).

And as I said before, I would trade Seacrest for Daly any day. Carson has been lovely towards the contestants and respectful towards the judges, plus he hasn't tried to make himself one of the attractions of the show. I really hope he comes back.

This show seemed so much more about finding a talented artist and not just finding a performer with a decent voice who could be turned into a singing sensation product. That is one reason (along with the marginal talent and the worthless judging) why AI became completely unwatchable for me midway through this season.
    Again, amen! Most of the "talent" on AI this season bored me to tears, which is why I didn't even watch the past couple of episodes. Also, it goes to show that not only country people liked Dia. I don't like country at all (Scotty from AI put me to sleep like most country singers do) but I loved Dia.

I liked each of these finalists and would have been happy with any winner. I am looking forward to next season, and I hope all the judges return, including Christina.
    I loved Dia and wanted her to win. Javier bored me with his singing style. However, he seems like a really nice guy and he's certainly had some hard knocks, so I wish him all the best.

Really hope Dia gets picked up by some label. She's the only one I would buy an album from (except for maybe Beverly). I must say, though, speaking of falling asleep, that her duet with Miranda did nothing for me. It was a lovely song, but she and Miranda's voices are so different that it just did not sound good to me. It's the only song of Dia's that I've been disappointed with.

Really hope Beverly gets picked up, too. She was my second favorite behind Dia. I just love everything about her, from her look to her sound.

And of course, Vicci. I loved it when she sang "Jolene." My favorite song of hers. She's really talented, so I hope she does well.

As for the judges, I wouldn't necessarily mind if Xtina left. I will say, though, that it's been refreshing to see a strong woman judge on one of these shows rather than the usual airheads, so I wouldn't mind if she came back, either. I loved the male judges and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Man, oh man. I don't envy next season's contestants. Javier/Beverly/Vicci/Dia have really set a high bar. Can't wait, though! Heck, I might not even watch AI again since this show has left them in the dust.
    alizarules likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm so glad that I was wrong in my prediction of who would win. I predcited Dia, but was really hoping it wouldn't be her. I have no problem with Javier winning. He has a great voice and sings in tune. I like that. Plus, he's a nice guy. I do wonder if he has the personality to make it big in the biz. He is WAAAAAy too low key for me. I am shocked most viewers were not bored with him. I have heard that mentioned numerous times. He never held my attention with his performances, even with a great voice.

Dia's personality and style are way to immature for me. Plus her voice is very limited IMO. Obviously, many others disagree.

Sad to see Bev and Vicci in the bottom 2. I liked them the most.

Honestly, where will the careers of these people go? Will Javier have a hit record? Will he go on a solo tour?

I heard that the group from The Voice will tour soon. Does anyone know which contestants will be included?
    prhoshay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread