+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Re: The Voice: Final Results Show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
    Before the Voice, Dia already had a really strong fan base through her band.
    I know she already had a leg up with her already strong fan base but with the voting limitations on individuals she still needed a big assist from outside of that. Her singing wasn't as strong as the other finalist (weaker voice, breathe control issues), so I figure that since voters tend skew higher for country singers she probably benefited from that also. By the way nice avatar, don't know if its true but from what I read Meg is the better overall talent of the two.

Sorry, my young nephew was telling me that very thing--forgot somehow. I assumed since the judges were actually active in their careers that it wouldn't happen. Javier does have a good voice, so I'm not mad at the outcome. All four finalists deserved to be there; really, a few from the top eight too. Like a couple of others have said, I leaned more toward Dia because of the coffee house/indie vibe, and I assumed her background means she's seasoned as a songwriter and performer.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    I know she already had a leg up with her already strong fan base but with the voting limitations on individuals she still needed a big assist from outside of that. Her singing wasn't as strong as the other finalist (weaker voice, breathe control issues), so I figure that since voters tend skew higher for country singers she probably benefited from that also. By the way nice avatar, don't know if its true but from what I read Meg is the better overall talent of the two.
    Who's Meg?
    I really enjoyed Dia's duet with Miranda tonight - that sounded very, very pretty.

LT1

Thanks it's from the cover of their 2nd album "Something Real". Between the two Dia is the better singer and Meg is the better guitar player.

LT1

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Who's Meg?
    I really enjoyed Dia's duet with Miranda tonight - that sounded very, very pretty.
    Meg is Dia's older sister and the other half of "Meg & Dia".

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    Given the choice between Javier & Dia, Javier was the easy choice. Still don't understand how Dia has all this support, must be the country thing. Only one thing could stop the country force, Justin Bieber throwing his twitter supporters in Javiers direction.
    I am 100% country and I never cast a single vote for her.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Only Christina is still in negotiations. She's trying to double her $220K per episode, hence the pouty attitude on last nights show. This is not a secret or spoiler, it was front page on the AP the other day.
    She would be the only reason I would not watch the show again! I find her to be really annoying and quite bitchy! Get over yourself already, LOL
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Javier would have been my #3, with Dia being #4. First place, for me, was up for grabs. Dia's breathing was distracting, like nobody else's. And I hate when a tall person doesn't embrace their height.

Oh well.........at least it's over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Beverley sounded awful tonight.... flat, flat, flat.

I'm happy enough with the results. All of the judges I would be fine with returning... looking forward to the next season!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Slight bummer - I was rooting for either Beverly or Vicci, then Dia. Javier has a GREAT voice, though - so props to him.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread