+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

As much as I like her vocals, I have to admit that when she does that bow-legged stomping thing I do want to grin.

As for the coaches performing, I've always enjoyed it. I guess it's because these celebrities actually spend time with contestants, and it looks like they really care about them. OTOH, it always seemed phony on AI, because you knew people like JLo and Tyler were just sitting there spouting platitudes to further their careers. That's why I never watched those videos they made.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I said the exact same thing. Leave it to her and all her self-absorption to choose her own song. Yes, she and Beverley sounded awesome together (only because Christina managed to dial back on the cringeworthy runs and riffs), but it goes to show exactly how full of herself is. I have never liked her and when I heard she would be one of the vocal coaches on the show, it ruined it for me. Her sitting in her chair all propped up like she's a diva extraordinaire is puke-worthy. Honey, you 'ain't no Aretha Franklin and legendary status ain't in your future. With her constant need to hurl sarcastic remarks at the other coaches under the guise of "all in good fun"...she clearly she thinks she IS the show. She and her and excruiatingly overdone vocals grate me to the core. Never got the hype over Christina ten years ago, and STILL don't get it.

Not only is she unbearable to watch, she's also unbearable to listen to - whether speaking or singing.

And while I"m at it, I find this whole show to be too dang busy! There's too much going on all at once. Flip to the ever-so-annoying, pointless waste of space, Carson Daly...Oh then wait a minute, now it's duet time with the contestants and their coaches...oh but wait again, it's time for an ever-so-contrived backstage segment in the "social media room"...WTH??!

Social Media Room = Lame, lame, lame!!

Gawd...seriously.

You tell it like it is!!! I so agree. Hate that social media room. Can't stand to watch Carson Daly. He is very robotic to me. When he smiles, it looks like he's only smiling on the outside, but not genuinely smiling. Christina is on every last of my nerves too.

Speaking of Christina....it always bugs me that she sits there looking smug when her team performed. Like she knew she had it in the bag. It irks me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think it's her dancing. I love to hear her sing but I can't watch her perform. It just makes me laugh.
    I like Vicci, but the stomping around drives me crazy. Its OK with some of the more energetic, passionate songs, but her solo song should not have had any stomping at all, even subdued stomping. It didn't fit. Sort of like when a singer smiles through a sad song.

It's funny we're discussing these issues again when we did before.

I don't like the social media room, either, but that's just me. Some of the contestants might not mind, but I would rather be backstage preparing for my performance instead of answering silly questions. People act if these performers are gods but when the show is over most of them will fade back into obscurity.

I actually like Carson. I would take him any day over Ryan Seacrest or Chris Harrison. OMG, I can't stand them. Now THERE'S phoniness. At least Carson seems to care about the contestants, while Ryan and Chris just phone in their acts for their shows.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'd be shocked if Dia didn't win due to her connection to Blake. His popularity and the devotion of country fans can't be denied. Fortunately, in this case, she is talented and the win would sit well. Actually they are ALL talented and I'd be happy with any of them winning. This show has done an amazing job selecting the best singers for the final 4.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    It's funny we're discussing these issues again when we did before.
    Sorry! I'm watching the show, but I'm not a huge fan, so I don't spend much time in this thread. I missed the previous discussion(s). Just wanted to add my two cents!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I'd be shocked if Dia didn't win due to her connection to Blake. His popularity and the devotion of country fans can't be denied. Fortunately, in this case, she is talented and the win would sit well. Actually they are ALL talented and I'd be happy with any of them winning. This show has done an amazing job selecting the best singers for the final 4.
    I consider myself a country fan and like Blake, but I find his connection with Dia kind of odd. Granted, it's wonderful to have the coaches support and inspire their team members, but Blake's connection just seemed curious. You know he was a judge on a country show when he met his new, younger wife, Miranda Lambert. I think he likes to inspire new talent. I just think his enthusiasm over her is overdone.

I would get behind Mia if I thought she could sing. I'm afraid I haven't been able to see or hear what others do. I just don't get it. I think she will win, but I would rather see any of the others take it rather than her. She seems like a really nice young lady, but the best voice? Hmmmm....

Aww that's too bad Debb70, I like them all. I think they are all super talented and I'm excited for them. I would love it if Beverly won because it's such a middle finger to all the other singing competitions. She is NOTHING like what usually wins those shows plus she's one heck of a showman. However, I just plain prefer Dia's vibe and sound. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be thrilled for any of them, I think that they are all so good. I'm hoping for really great things for every single one of these singers. I hope all four can make something of this and get record deals and some songs out there.

Now as far as his connection to her being odd, I don't see it. It's no different than how CeeLo is with Vicci. They clearly really like these singers and consider them close friends, they have their best interests at heart. I think that Blake truly sees himself as Dia's older brother and it's nothing more than that. I don't see anything odd at all about it. I'm actually touched by the closeness they all have with their singers and I'm hoping that it continues beyond the show (as in helps to open doors for them).

Plus Dia is beautiful, she's got these amazing soulful eyes. She makes me smile when she sings and isn't that what this is all about? The singer getting an emotion out of the listener (Javier makes me smile too but he can get a bit too over the top for me).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I consider myself a country fan and like Blake, but I find his connection with Dia kind of odd. Granted, it's wonderful to have the coaches support and inspire their team members, but Blake's connection just seemed curious. You know he was a judge on a country show when he met his new, younger wife, Miranda Lambert. I think he likes to inspire new talent. I just think his enthusiasm over her is overdone.
    I thought he met Miranda when they sang a duet on CMT's 100 Greatest Duet's show. They sang You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma, and I remember thinking they looked like they had something personal going on. He wasn't judge on Nashville Star the year Miranda was a contestant.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread