+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

I think Javier will win with Dia as runner-up. Beverly will be last, her song last week is not even in the top 100 on iTunes, at least Vicci is #100

The duets are cool but they should have saved the guest singers for the results show. This show should not have even gone for 2 hours.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 06-29-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Going into tonight show Vicci was my favorite followed by Javier then Dia and finally Beverly. I LOVED Javier and his duet with Adam was awesome, I also loved Beverly's original song, she kind of won me over a little bit...Coach wise my heart will always be with Blake. I do have to agree with the previous post that this show was way to long tonight
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

FORT Fogey

Just finished watching, and I'm still Team Adam.

Javier's voice is undeniable, and as I'd hoped, Adam's coaching has helped him connect better with the audience. I liked Dia's original song best, and it's a tie for my favorite duet between Vicci/CeeLo and Javier/Adam. Must note that Christina seemed rather distracted the whole night. Hope all is well in Aguilera land.

That was a really good show! Everyone did their part to completely entertain and leave it all out there on the stage. Tomorrow should be interesting...

FORT Fogey

wow... the talent on this show is superb! I enjoyed all the performances tonight! I loved Javier and Dia's original songs.... beautiful. And Beverly has such energy and power. Vicci has that marketable rock edge to her which is very appealing. what a choice.... and a far cry above AI. I love the mixture of contestants and coaches...
    JavaJo likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    wow... the talent on this show is superb! I enjoyed all the performances tonight! I loved Javier and Dia's original songs.... beautiful. And Beverly has such energy and power. Vicci has that marketable rock edge to her which is very appealing. what a choice.... and a far cry above AI. I love the mixture of contestants and coaches...
    Agreed! I thought the downside to this first season was that the winner was completely predictable from the beginning... Javier, but tonight's show changed all that. It's going to come down to individual preferences. I'm having a tough time calling it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo
    I absolutely agree with everything except Dia. I think she's more Tegan and Sarah and Christina Perri. Especially when she's sitting behind the piano.
    Solely on a vocal level, I get a little Alanis Morissette in Dia's voice too.

It was great to see Beverley finally reined in. What a contrast between "Beautiful" and her original song. That was a big improvement to me, though I thought her original song felt a little rock 80's (not the good stuff, the stuff made to appeal to the masses)... not to my taste.

Vocally, I think Javier is the most talented, and was pleased to see his and Adam's higher voices blend so well. With some great original music he could be a standout.

I was listening to the show and not watching so I lost a little through not seeing the performances... especially Vicci's and CeeLo's I'm sure. Like others mentioned she sounds almost EXACTLY like Pat Benatar! I loved Benatar back in the day though, so I really enjoyed it.

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=JunkieGirl;4324666]

I was bItching at the TV and my son about how egotistical XTina was to choose her own song. She is unbearable to watch.

I told my son and daughter the same thing. I have been disappointed that Christina is using this as a showcase for herself. The guys (Adam, Blake and CeeLo) have really taken their role as coach very seriously and have worked with and encouraged their team members. Christina has also made comments that try to bring all of the attention to herself when they are critiquing the contestants. I used to like her, but have changed my mind after watching her on this show. I hope they find another female coach for next season.

I don't care who wins the competition because they have all done a wonderful job. Each will appeal to a different group of music lovers. I can see all 4 of the finalists having a career.

Prefer this show over American Idol, so I can't wait until the next season.

I agree that everyone left, and possibly even the final 8, will have a career in music after this show. BUT I am rooting for Dia b/c she has an unusal voice. Yes, Javier has the best technical voice but he is a little boring. I didn't like Beverly's own song last night but she outsong Christiana on "Beautiful". I've never been a Christiana fan. I like Vicci and she has a good voice but something about her I don't like...can't put my finger on it.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Our cable was out all night - no TV, phone, or internet - thanks for catching me up this morning!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I was bItching at the TV and my son about how egotistical XTina was to choose her own song. She is unbearable to watch.
    I said the exact same thing. Leave it to her and all her self-absorption to choose her own song. Yes, she and Beverley sounded awesome together (only because Christina managed to dial back on the cringeworthy runs and riffs), but it goes to show exactly how full of herself is. I have never liked her and when I heard she would be one of the vocal coaches on the show, it ruined it for me. Her sitting in her chair all propped up like she's a diva extraordinaire is puke-worthy. Honey, you 'ain't no Aretha Franklin and legendary status ain't in your future. With her constant need to hurl sarcastic remarks at the other coaches under the guise of "all in good fun"...she clearly she thinks she IS the show. She and her and excruiatingly overdone vocals grate me to the core. Never got the hype over Christina ten years ago, and STILL don't get it.

Not only is she unbearable to watch, she's also unbearable to listen to - whether speaking or singing.

And while I"m at it, I find this whole show to be too dang busy! There's too much going on all at once. Flip to the ever-so-annoying, pointless waste of space, Carson Daly...Oh then wait a minute, now it's duet time with the contestants and their coaches...oh but wait again, it's time for an ever-so-contrived backstage segment in the "social media room"...WTH??!

Social Media Room = Lame, lame, lame!!

Gawd...seriously.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Since the show is called The Voice, I guess we are supposed to go for the one with the best voice, however, I just can't do that. I pull for the one that makes me the most excited to see perform. I found:

Javiar has a great voice, but I have no interest in seeing him perform. He has no fire IMO. Nice guy sure.

Dia, does nothing for me either. I find her cutesy, but off tune a lot. There are already many other girl singers who sing better than her IMO. I find Blake's fascination with her curious. Apparently, many love her. I don't get it. I do think she may win it though, to my dismay.

Vicci is a powerhouse to hear and see, but she wasn't as good last night IMO. I think the song pulled her down. I still think she's got a good shot at winning though.

Beverly was my least favorite in the beginning, but her firey performances have won me over. She puts so much soul into her ballads too! I'm pulling for her. When she performs, it keeps my attention. I try to ignore that she reminds me so much of Melissa Etheridge, even though I love Melissa. LOL
    Babycakee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread