Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Go Vicci! That was awesome!

Cee-lo knows how to put on a show, watching him & Vicci was fun

FORT Fan

I predict Vicci wins....the last song will put her over the top.

If the duets don't count why show them again?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

WOW! That was quite the production!!! I loved the little dancers - brought a big smile to my face!!
    Vicci sang great, and I liked how his voice took a backseat to hers when they were singing together - he was fine on his own but with hers, he let her shine!
    Coaches gave them a standing O!
    alizarules likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    WOW! That was quite the production!!! I loved the little dancers - brought a big smile to my face!!
    Vicci sang great, and I liked how his voice took a backseat to hers when they were singing together - he was fine on his own but with hers, he let her shine!
    Coaches gave them a standing O!
    Deservedly so, performance of the night.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

They say the duets don't count, but how can they police that? Really, it's kind of silly. I thought Dia's solo song was good but she made me actually like a Tom Petty song in her duet with Blake. And I cannot stand to listen to a single second of Tom Petty without wanting to gouge my ears out. So maybe I vote for her on that? I dunno. It's not like I can get through to vote for anyone anyway. Maybe I have to wait until the show airs on the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    They say the duets don't count, but how can they police that? Really, it's kind of silly. I thought Dia's solo song was good but she made me actually like a Tom Petty song in her duet with Blake. And I cannot stand to listen to a single second of Tom Petty without wanting to gouge my ears out. So maybe I vote for her on that? I dunno. It's not like I can get through to vote for anyone anyway. Maybe I have to wait until the show airs on the west coast.
    I totally agree with the whole Tom Petty thing! I hate his songs but I LOVED Blake and Dia!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The show seemed kinda disjointed for me, didn't like this formula at all. Let them all have a duet and then their solos.

I liked all of the original songs but loved Dia's. She did sound kinda breathy on it, tho. I've never noticed that about her before. The duet singing Tom Petty was an odd song choice for sure, but it wasn't awful. I hope she wins.

Haven't liked Beverly's singing, she was alright on her duet with XTina but her solo was definitely marketable. It sounds like something that could do well on the radio.

I was bItching at the TV and my son about how egotistical XTina was to choose her own song. She is unbearable to watch. I mentioned in another post that I had hoped that America should have voted in the Top 4 and it would have been Javier, Dia, Xenia and Vicci. XTina would have been KO'd out of the competition. Now THAT would have been fun to watch. I think it adds another strategy to the show as well, battle of the coaches.

While Vicci was singing her solo, I thought she sounded like Pat Benatar and told my son she could be the Pat Benatar of this new generation, not knowing that she'd be singing it as her duet. Love is a Battlefield was a show stopping performance, no wonder they sang last. That was all kinds of awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by quentcomps View Post
    Vicci is Pat Benatar. In fact, let me pigeonhole everyone: Javier is Babyface, Beverly is Melissa Etheridge, and Dia is a cross between Tegan and Sara and Taylor Swift.
    Cee-lo does not disappoint with outfits. This is awesome (hilarious).
    I absolutely agree with everything except Dia. I think she's more Tegan and Sarah and Christina Perri. Especially when she's sitting behind the piano.

Adam and Javier sounded really good together and frankly, Beverly sounded better than Christina. All the duets were great, though. And the kids were dancing age appropriate. yay!

I love Pit Bull and thought for a live performance that that was really good. It also happens to be one of my favorite songs right now

I dont' know who to vote for. I went in thinking Dia for sure. But Beverly was good, too.

Christina actually looked decent tonight. No funky stuff going on with her hair.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread