+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Live Semi-Finals Results Show 06/22 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Semi-Finals Results Show 06/22 **SPOILERS**

I don't recall how old Bev is, but I think she's rather young. It's the baldness that make her look older IMO. If you put a little hair on her, she would look in her late 20's IMO.

I seem to remember from auditions that she is in her 40s. She remarked how all the kids had frowns on when she would step on stage, but winning them over with her singing presence.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think part of the reason I like Beverly is because she's so humble. She knows she's good but she was genuinely shocked to find out that America thinks so as well. There isn't a single "entitled" bone in her body. And when she performs...you can tell that nothing brings her more joy. And that pulls me in like nothing else can.

Her lack of hair has also grown on me. I know at the beginning we talked about how that might hurt her and Frenchie, but now I actually like it. That's who she is, and she's confident enough to express it. I also don't mind that she looks older. After an entire season of AI where half the contestants were as young as the kids I teach, and therefore had no emotional connection to their songs, it was really refreshing with this show to see adults who really felt what they were singing about.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Bev's bio said that she's been singing in clubs in the Ft. Lauderdale area for nearly 20 years, so I would assume she's probably at least 40.
    I've never been a fan of tats or ear piercings, but I really like Bev.
    She has a terrific voice and I love how humble she is. When she was picked over Frenchie, she just looked sad for Frenchie. Love that quality.
    I think Bev best exemplifies what the Voice is about.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The four finalists are on Leno tonight, singing with the band on ins/outs to commercials. He asked each of them about their strangest/first gigs and Javier about his kids- their favorite contestant is Vicci!
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567