+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Live Semi-Finals Results Show 06/22 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Semi-Finals Results Show 06/22 **SPOILERS**

His name is Javier (pronounced Ha), not Xavier....

I guess I am the only one but I do not get America's love affair for Beverly?
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

The four who I deemed "worthy" from the beginning are in the finals. Hooray! I'm so glad Beverly made it through. It's going to be a tough choice next week and they will be singing original songs.

I think this has been the shortest competition show on record - at least it seems that way. From 8 per team to 4 to 2 to 1 after the challenge rounds and the audition rounds. Maybe not, but it seemed very short.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The four who I deemed "worthy" from the beginning are in the finals. Hooray! I'm so glad Beverly made it through. It's going to be a tough choice next week and they will be singing original songs.
    I agree. Thinking back, these were the ones that shined the most from the get-go. It is the right final 4, I think.

I think this has been the shortest competition show on record - at least it seems that way. From 8 per team to 4 to 2 to 1 after the challenge rounds and the audition rounds. Maybe not, but it seemed very short.
    I kind of like the short format. We have two more weeks, right? Final performances next week folllowed by a results show the week after?

It's really anyone's game, I think, except for Vicci, perhaps. She doesn't seem to have garnered the same attention as the others.

Of the top 8, Beverly, Frenchie, and Vicci are the only ones I'd pay to see perform live.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-23-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Found answer to question asked

Quote Originally Posted by taracran View Post
    Maybe she was the lesser of the evils on team XTina.

While Frenchie showed off her powerful voice, and it was good, Beverly brought sass to her blues. She showed more of a range from rock to blues, and Frenchie stayed in ballad mode. I don't know...I guess I just find Beverly an interesting character with a sound rock voice and stage presence.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Every person who made it through was the one that America chose in the first place, right? So basically the mentors choosing a second person was a waste of time.

I feel that the performance rounds went way too fast, they need to address that next season and correct it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    While Frenchie showed off her powerful voice, and it was good, Beverly brought sass to her blues. She showed more of a range from rock to blues, and Frenchie stayed in ballad mode. I don't know...I guess I just find Beverly an interesting character with a sound rock voice and stage presence.
    Exactly.

I love Beverly's whole persona, from her funky clothing to her voice to her charisma on stage. And I loved how she did the blues this week. She had me melting with those opening notes on the piano. Heck, I even love her baldness, and I never thought I'd say that!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by taracran View Post
    I felt that way in the beginning. I could not understand why Christina was so crazy over her. I was not impressed at all. THen after the audition round, she started growing on me. I was surprised at how much I really liked her after all. THe songs that Christina picked made a big difference IMO.

How I know I iike Beverly is that when she starts singing, I am glued to the tv. I really see passion in her voice and it seems like the lyrics are coming from her soul. I felt the same way about Nakia. Too bad he didn't make it. I also feel that Vicci has that same charisma.

I do think Beverly would look much younger with hair and that more young people would like her if she looked younger. I think she may be the winner or be runner up. I'm going to wait until after the next performances before I make my final prediction though.

I think part of the reason I like Beverly is because she's so humble. She knows she's good but she was genuinely shocked to find out that America thinks so as well. There isn't a single "entitled" bone in her body. And when she performs...you can tell that nothing brings her more joy. And that pulls me in like nothing else can.
    its_glinda_now likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast