+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Live Semi-Finals Results Show 06/22 **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Live Semi-Finals Results Show 06/22 **SPOILERS**

I *was* a Casey fan but clashing with Adam was not smart. She's been given a gift and she needs to take is as such. Glad Xavier made it instead. Although he is a little boring for me.

Of the top 8, my fav's are Bev, Xenia, and Vicci.

I LOVE that this show is not cookie cutter varieties like Idol. They are allowed to be who they are both personally and in their performances. This is the most refreshing thing about this show.

I love that these are true musicians. None of that fake studio thing to make their voices better and they actually play instruments. Bet they can write songs too.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I enjoyed last night's show, and not having watched this season much at all, I haven't really seen much of these singers before. I really enjoyed Vicci's performance the most last night - not saying her voice was the best, but that whole performance was so energizing! I loved it! Dia sang very well, but I also liked Xenia's voice - very original. The others were just okay to me. Tonight's show seemed to go fast - yes there was filler but I liked how they didn't string us along for the results - no commercial right before the numbers like on other reality shows (TBL I'm talking about you!). So have they shown the coach's scores to the contestants before, on previous shows, like they did tonight? Or was this a new thing for the finals? It was a little awkward when they didn't go 50/50!

Any thoughts on Carson's comments about the President? I found it interesting, topical, and bold of him - definitely live TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I *was* a Casey fan but clashing with Adam was not smart. She's been given a gift and she needs to take is as such.
    Goodness, what did she say? I was busy watching SYTYCD. I'm surprised that Adam didn't give his two singers closer scores like the rest of the judges. I can kind of understand why Casey would feel hurt.

Of the top 8, my fav's are Bev, Xenia, and Vicci.
    Same here, only substitute Dia for Xenia. Although I also like Xavier, I wish one of the women would win because I like them more. I kind of wish Dia would win, because I just like everything about her, from her winsome look to her alternative sound. I love Beverly and Vicci, but they're both power singers.

I LOVE that this show is not cookie cutter varieties like Idol. They are allowed to be who they are both personally and in their performances. This is the most refreshing thing about this show.
    Amen. This show is miles better than AI and I will be definitely be back for next season. I just hope they don't screw around with it too much.

Somebody called Blake "Papa Bear." That's what my mother called him last night! She said that the only reason he picked Xenia was because he was such a softy.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I got to see the last 5 minutes - and since I'm on the WC - I had seen earlier online that Vicci won over Nakia.
    I think, on average, the singers on this show are way better than on AI.
    Of the 4 advancing, I'd love to see Bev win. She's just an amazing singer - she really makes me feel the music. And, she is just so humble about it. Very inspiring to see.
    I preferred Xenia over Dia. Dia has a lovely voice, but she doesn't move me at all.
    I loved when Vicci did Jolene - one of the best interpretations ever of that song - but did not like her song at all last night.
    Xavier also has a very good voice, but I find him boring.
    I'm so preferring Carson Daly over Ryan Seacrest. I like Carson's understated humility. He's not in your face like Ryan is.

I'm really enjoying this show and sorry to see it will be ending next week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I think, on average, the singers on this show are way better than on AI.
    I know they are. I spent most of this season of AI being bored to tears, but I have loved every episode of this show. At least in the Final 8, every singer had talent, it's just some of them needed a little more polish.

Xavier also has a very good voice, but I find him boring.
    That's how I feel. His voice is lovely, but his song choices have simply not wowed me. Alas, he'll probably win it all.

I'm so preferring Carson Daly over Ryan Seacrest. I like Carson's understated humility. He's not in your face like Ryan is.
    And no stupid, cheesy banter with the judges trying to show how lousy they are compared to Mr. Superior. I am SO not missing that with this show.

I'm really enjoying this show and sorry to see it will be ending next week.
    I know. I can't believe it's over already.
    norealityhere likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

I like the show, but it has a built in process that bothers me. Because the team members compete against each other, it sends home performers on one team while leaving less talented performers on another. For example, because Vicci and Nakia were on the same team, one had to leave, which IMO was unfair because both of them are better than most all of the other performers on the other teams. That just makes a coach want to have 3 average singers and one great singer on their team, because it's heartbreaking to have several great singers on your team and know only one of them will make it to the finals.
    its_glinda_now likes this.

I didn't get to watch the results show b/c of tornado's all over KY and IN last night....so the news had full reign. I just read the thread and predicted the outcome. I'm rooting for Dia. I like Vicci also. Xavier had a great voice but is boring and Bev is too OTT for me.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

The only part of the process that I don't like is having multiple folks leave due to the team concept. Maybe in the future, part of the competition for the coaches is to see who's team rises to the top and keeps singers longer? We also then get to see more performances from each artist? I love the show, but was distressed last week when each team lost TWO people, that seemed very harsh to me - I wanted 3 from one team, and only 1 from another...

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I like the show, but it has a built in process that bothers me. Because the team members compete against each other, it sends home performers on one team while leaving less talented performers on another. For example, because Vicci and Nakia were on the same team, one had to leave, which IMO was unfair because both of them are better than most all of the other performers on the other teams. That just makes a coach want to have 3 average singers and one great singer on their team, because it's heartbreaking to have several great singers on your team and know only one of them will make it to the finals.
    Yeah, that kind of bothered me, too. That's the one major area where I would tweak and make it more like AI, so that the good singers can last for a while and build up solid fan bases.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast