+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Live Semi-Finals 06/21 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Semi-Finals 06/21 **SPOILERS**

I so agree with everything you just wrote. I am for Dia all the way!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Well, I like Xavier's story and he could likely use the money from the win (I look at the big picture with these kinds of things...glad Adam fessed up to doing the same!). He does have a lovely voice, and deserves to be where he is, but I find him a little on the dull side. Still, if I had to pick someone to win, I guess I hope it's him.

On the flip side, of the top 4, Beverly is by far and away my favorite. Love her sound, look, style, etc. She is the only one to offer something new and fresh.

My gut tells me Dia will win.

Sidenote: watched the Seattle auditions of America's Got Talent. A kid music group performed. The lead singer was a young girl who was probably around 13 or so (guestimate). She had the most amazing voice. It was clean and clear and just beautiful. Her style was comparable to Xenia's. I'm a huge Xenia fan, but this other girl put it in perspective. Xenia's good, but not great. This girl was great.

Having said all that, I like her much more than Dia who I find to be like Xavier....a little on the flat/boring side.

----

Need to second someone's remark above about Christina and Blake....these to - esp. Christina - seem to have bonded with their team members. They are personally and emotionally invested which I LOVE.

Christina is my favorite judge. I have huge respect for her as an an artist, but mostly as an individual. She's articulate, compassionate, motivating, realist, etc. And, she is free to be who she wants to be and makes no apologies for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Sidenote: watched the Seattle auditions of America's Got Talent. A kid music group performed. The lead singer was a young girl who was probably around 13 or so (guestimate). She had the most amazing voice. It was clean and clear and just beautiful. Her style was comparable to Xenia's. I'm a huge Xenia fan, but this other girl put it in perspective. Xenia's good, but not great. This girl was great.
    I had hesitated about posting this, but since you opened the door, I will. The other night on PBS my mother and I watched this concert by this girl--I guess she was about 10 yrs old?--who sings opera like a professional. It was amazing. On Tuesday night, after Xenia finished, Mom turned to me and said, "Sheesh, that opera girl had more confidence than poor Xenia." It was a sad, but true. The opera girl not only sang on a professional level as if she born on stage, but, when being interviewed by the host live on stage in front of thousands of people, spoke with confidence like an adult. I'm not trying to bash poor Xenia; I know that shyness can be crippling for some people. For me, though, the contrast was so startling that it just showed even more that she wasn't ready for this level of competition.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213