+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Live Semi-Finals 06/21 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Semi-Finals 06/21 **SPOILERS**

Adam Levin....maybe you should listen to an artist's song before making such an ignorant comment! In no way was Nakia even close to Adam Lambert!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Oh Adam, Adam, Adam. Nakia was not even close to as good as Adam Lambert or P!nk!
    THank you.
    I just heard the comment by Adam and I was like, What!!!???
    I thought Nakia was good, but he wasn't Adam.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Can anyone tell me is it just 1 vote that I make tonight for 1 person? Or, can I vote for 1 person from each of the teams?

Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    YOu can vote up to 100,000 times for your favorite. Text at will.
    ok...I'm confused then...just before signing off I thought Carson said we could vote up to 10 times per contestant per method. That would mean only 10 phone calls and 10 texts would count....despite the fact that you can continue to dial forever only 10 count? Unlike DWTS which lets you know when you have voted your limit.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    She did much better last week. Her hair might have been "strong" but that song wasn't.
    I disagree, that is a big song.. and Florence Welch and her voice are just as big.. Vicci DID kill it. I loved it.
    prhoshay and Babycakee like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I disagree, that is a big song.. and Florence Welch and her voice are just as big.. Vicci DID kill it. I loved it.
    I also loved it. Vicci has been my favorite since the beginning
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

The morning always brings a fresh perspective...the only performances I can recall are: Vicci/Dia/Beverly
    Vicci and Beverly for their "energy" and Dia because I love her DIFFERENT voice/style

I wish they would get a new sound system. Theirs is terrible. I think it's throwing the artists.

I'm still pulling for Vicci, Nakia and Beverly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    shay, you may be changing your mind when it comes back in the Fall. They're already going to be lengthening the audition process and such.
    I liked the length of the auditions, but don't like that SO many are cut SO fast...they are so good! I'd rather have one from each team each round, or now with 8 left, 1-2 (not per team) going at a time.
    Debb70 likes this.

Missed the first half hour last night, so wanted to wait until I could hear all the performances before commenting.

Team Xtina

Frenchie--I'm sorry, but it was just "there" for me. Not terrible but not great. I thought it was cute when the angel helped her down the stairs.

Beverly--loved it. It gave me goosebumps. I also love the funky way she dresses. It reminds me of Paul from this season of AI.

Vote: Beverly

Team CLo

Nakia--Good. Love the angry vibe. However, I don't know how much money NBC paid you to bash AI, Adam, but as a big Adam L fan I resent that! Nakia’s performance may have been good but it was not as good as the original!

Vikki--tied with Dia and Beverly for my favorites of the night. Oh...my goodness...I had a little trouble understanding the first couple of lines, but once she picked up those sticks, she rocked it! Whoo hoo!

I didn't particularly like her hairstyle, though. When I first saw it, for some strange reason I exclaimed, "It's Elvis!"

Vote: Sorry Nakia, but Vikki beat you hands down.

Team Adam

Casey--lovely voice, but nothing great in the performance. Dolly Parton sang the original of that song, and Whitney Houston immortalized it, so it's very hard to sing since people are comparing you to those other versions. As I told my Mom, This song usually kills female AI contestants.

Javier--lovely. Coldplay was my favorite band back in the day, and Javier did them justice.

Vote: Javier

Team Blake

Dia--other favorite performance of the night. Just gorgeous. She, Beverly, and Vicki were the only ones that I went back and listened to twice.

Xenia--ok, let me start that I thought I might have been harsh after last week. Blake's the expert, maybe he can work with her and pull something out of her, I thought. And so I really did try to set aside my bias and give her a second chance. I'm sorry, but I didn't see any improvement over last week. When she was up there with Blake and Dia, she looked like somebody had shoved her onto the stage and she didn't know what to do with herself. As others have said here, her solo performance was just painful to watch.

Again, I thought maybe I was too harsh, but then my mother chimed in. Let me preface this by saying that she didn't watch last week and has barely watched the other weeks, so she had no idea who Xenia was. Mom confirmed my observations from last week about Xenia having no confidence on the stage, and added that during the solo she seemed to be straining for the high note and when she got there it sounded flat. Overall, Mom said, her least favorite of the night. That's pretty much how I felt.

Programming note: Yesterday, I heard a commercial for last night's show that said there were only two weeks left. I assumed they meant 2 weeks after last night, but am I mistaken? Is next week the final week?

Either way, I don't know how to feel about it. Part of me loves that this show hasn't dragged on for endless weeks a la American Idol. OTOH, I also wished I could have seen more performances from my favorites like Dia, Beverly, and Vicki. I really hope that they don't add several audition shows, but just tweak the format like people discussed above.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread