+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/31 Round 4 Battle Round *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: The Voice 5/31 Round 4 Battle Round *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Team Adam! Agree with all picks except Christina's. I would've gone with Cherie.
    I liked Cherie better, but Christina likes over the top and loud. Except for Castro, I don't like to listen to any of her picks.

I think Christina has the worst team. To me they all seem like the same screeching-belting type of singers. I think they will cancel each other out and will wind up hurting her in the end.

I think that Adam may have the best team but something tells me that Blake will wind up having the one that appeals the most to the voting audience. I think Blake (more than the others) gave some strong consideration to what the voters will support. It showed in some of his crazy decisions (why did he choose that person over one more talented? Because that person will get more votes).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Screeching and belting are not the same thing.

I'd only seen about 20 minutes of the show when it premiered last month.
    Finally got to watch last night, as Good Wife had their season finale last week.

I really enjoyed the show. I like the judges, the mentoring and the general format.

Since I've not been a regular viewer, it appears that some of the finalists have been on AI before? Correct?
    I remember reading about Frenchie Davis the season she was on AI, though I didn't watch the show that season. It did seem like I'd seen some of the other singers before, though.

At any rate, I think I like this one a lot better than AI. The singers, on average, also seemed a lot better.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Screeching and belting are not the same thing.
    LOL true on most shows.

On this show they seem to go hand in hand. I can't really think of one singer on here that is a "belter" who isn't also guilty of screeching while trying to hit the high notes. I'm somewhat hopeful it's just nerves. But will admit that I loath this style of singing. I am not a fan of screaming and constant high notes.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    LOL true on most shows.

On this show they seem to go hand in hand. I can't really think of one singer on here that is a "belter" who isn't also guilty of screeching while trying to hit the high notes. I'm somewhat hopeful it's just nerves. But will admit that I loath this style of singing. I am not a fan of screaming and constant high notes.
    I don't think the 2 baldies are screechers or screamers. I can't say if Christina's other two are for sure or not. I don't expect to hear Lily sing another song like that. If she does, then maybe she is deserving of the title of "screamer." If you can't sing like Kelly Clarkson, then that song is going to turn out bad. Tarralyn was kind of a screecher based on the two performances I saw from her.

I am interested in seeing how Adam's team does. I think he has a strong team. All guys and one woman. Women are the majority that do the voting, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33 View Post
    I am interested in seeing how Adam's team does. I think he has a strong team. All guys and one woman. Women are the majority that do the voting, as well.
    And that is likely what will hurt Christina. She started with all women and one man.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Now I know why The Voice has been airing at 10:00. Either the singers are very sub-par, or the coaches are picking horrible songs and/or pairings. In the battle rounds, I think there have only been a couple of good battles, and more than a few that were downright cringe-worthy. Many were just OK. IMO, the singers on this show are not as good as those on AI! However, to be fair, you'd have to compare the top 32 on AI with the those chosen here. And we don't always get to see as much of the top 32 AI contestants as we have with The Voice.

Hopefully the earlier airings next week mean we'll have better performances.

I think Christina didn't pick Cherie because she isn't "over the top"...not just in singing but personality too. Chrisitina picked personalities similar to hers.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread