+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/24 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/24 ***Spoilers***

I was impressed with Devon and Rebecca and the duet parts. I think Adam is a smart guy and is thinking past this to when America starts to vote.

Devon being 19 years old will appeal to the young viewers possibly and like Adam says he wants to win this.....

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Christina: Julia vs. Raquel
    I expected Julia to win this one when I found out the battle assignment. Raquel really won. I was shocked. She did much better than Julia. Julia seemed to have so much promise. I was surprised Raquel had that in her. Julia seemed to be straining her voice the whole time. I am not convinced that Raquel is the stronger singer. I think Julia just blew it. Whatever the case, Christina made the right decision. Raquel reminded me of Gloria Estefan at times. She needs a makeover though.
    Sadly, I kind of expected Raquel to win it from the get-go. She just fit the image of a pop singer more. It was even more blatant when the two of them were side-by-side, so I'm sure that Christina thought about it, too. I don't know whether she was intimidated or what, but to be fair, I really did think that Raquel outsang Julia and so I totally agreed with Christina's choice.

Blake: Dia vs. Serabee
    I expected Dia to advance since they didn't show Serabee's full audition. Also, when Blake told Sera to hold back on the tricks, I knew he was going to go for Dia. Serabee was my favorite. She looked like a hippie wizard and I loved it. She was so church. Great, great, great! Of course, Blake went for the blah performance. It is hard to knock Dia. I think her voice was really strong and pure. I just thought she deserved to go home since the battle was basically Serabee chasing her around the stage. Dia seemed afraid. Anyway, I like Dia. I just don't think she should have advanced based on how she interacted with Serabee. I wish she seemed more interested in the performance as well.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. As soon as Dia opened her mouth to sing, I thought, "She's got it." After what Blake had told Sera about not oversinging it, she totally ignored him and did it anyway. Not a good way to endear yourself to a coach. In fairness, though, if she's mainly performed in church circles, then she might not know how to sing another way. I grew up in charismatic churches like Sera, so I love gospel music. She was also my favorite of the night, both for her singing and look. Although I can understand why Blake chose Dia, I thought the latter was boring.

One thing that does bother me is how Dia is being portrayed. Aside from Javier, Dia might have the most major experience of anyone. I don't like that they portray her as a shy sweet girl. I have seen her band's videos. She can be bold. I wish they would mention her past experience since it is so extensive. A lot of her fans who don't know, might like to see her old stuff.
    Really quickly, remnd me again: what experience does she have? Since most of these contestants have prior experience, I can't remember it all.

Adam: Rebecca vs. Devon
    This was tough. I thought Rebecca would win since Adam didn't seem too enthused with Devon when he picked him. I thought it was a good performance and I had them about even. I think Devon was a little off throughout the performance but I thought he got to sing better parts than did Rebecca. I don't know what it was that made Adam think Devon had won. For me, I was disappointed in Rebecca because I loved her audition and the battle was just "good." I was beginning to forget Devon and I thought he did better than I expected even though I only thought he did a "good" job tonight. In the end, it felt more like a victory for Devon because I expected less from him. I think the geeky look will actually be an advantage for him in the voting rounds.
    This was the toughest round for me. I agreed with Blake that they should partner up and continue to sing together because they really had chemistry up there. Speaking of Blake, however, I'm glad that Adam had the courage to pick somebody whose image didn't fit the stereotype of a music star! And kudos to CLo for pointing that out, too. Wasn't he the one who said to Devon, "I like you because you don't look like your voice." Exactly!

I have to add, though, that I was sorry that Rebecca went home. She really deserved a break after all the hard work she has put into her career.

Cee-Lo: Thompsons vs. Kelsey
    I think I expected Kelsey to win. The Thompsons just don't sing as well as Kelsey. I remember I liked Kelsey a lot as a singing act. I thought she was the total package but that her personality was horrible. I think Kelsey had the best voice of the three young women. Even so, I don't think Kelsey was really able to outshine the sisters. They were charismatic and cute. They were fun and charming. As an act, I think these two could sell oodles and oodles of records. Of course, I am way more likely to buy Kelsey's album. I thought Cee-Lo was going to eliminate the Thompson sisters when he looked like he was getting emotional. I think he made the right decision. I really liked Kelsey but there are a lot of singers like her out there. I thought the sisters had something special and I want to see more of it. Sad to see Kelsey go. This isn't a beauty pageant but I thought Taylor was the most beautiful of the 3.
    I also thought Kelsey sang better, and so this was the shocker of the night for me. I wasn't as disappointed, though, as I was when Rebecca got eliminated.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

This isn't a show I watch except for a few peeks now and then, but my son does. He recognized Raquel right away as having played Ben Affleck's daugher in Jersey Girl. I looked her up on IMDB and she actually has several moves and tv appearances under her belt including a role in Brookly's Finest. Not a bad young actress as I recall.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Dia has had recent success with a band she formed with her sister. It is called Meg and Dia. They were signed to a major record label and performed on the Warped Tour a few times. They have toured a lot and even overseas. One or two of their albums charted on billboard, I think. Also, Dia has been in music videos. She is far from a shy book writer. I don't understand why they portray her that way. But I don't think they mentioned Javier's past success either.

Blake chose Serabee knowing what her style of music was. If she is a church singer, then scaling back is just not what she does. He should not have picked her.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Dia has had recent success with a band she formed with her sister. It is called Meg and Dia. They were signed to a major record label and performed on the Warped Tour a few times. They have toured a lot and even overseas. One or two of their albums charted on billboard, I think. Also, Dia has been in music videos. She is far from a shy book writer. I don't understand why they portray her that way. But I don't think they mentioned Javier's past success either.
    Thank you. And no, there hasn't been a word about the background of any of these contestants. Thanks to all of you who have posted these things for newbies like me.

Blake chose Serabee knowing what her style of music was. If she is a church singer, then scaling back is just not what she does. He should not have picked her.
    Excellent point, which again makes you wonder if sometimes the judges were just filling a quota.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

I didn't recognize Raquel right away but then she mentioned she was in that Jersy Girl movie. As much as I love a good Kevin Smith movie I would totally not brag about being that child in that movie. It totally didn't endear me to her at all because then I couldn't shake the whole "man she's that annoying child" image from my mind.

I'm glad I don't watch very many movies.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I didn't recognize Raquel right away but then she mentioned she was in that Jersy Girl movie. As much as I love a good Kevin Smith movie I would totally not brag about being that child in that movie. It totally didn't endear me to her at all because then I couldn't shake the whole "man she's that annoying child" image from my mind.
    Funny thing.. I had in the past only caught one scene of that movie so when it was on today I had to watch to see her lol. Yeah, not Kevin's best, no matter how much I adore Liv.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Funny thing.. I had in the past only caught one scene of that movie so when it was on today I had to watch to see her lol. Yeah, not Kevin's best, no matter how much I adore Liv.
    LOL I think it's Kevin Smith's dirty little secret that he wish would just go away. I only watched it because I felt obligated as a fan of his other movies but I couldn't stand that girl in the movie.

FORT Fanatic

What happen with Frenchie?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast