+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: The Voice 5/3 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/3 ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Bring on the battle rounds. Can't wait.
    Same here! Did anybody else see the extended preview during the Kentucky Derby? Looks like the competition is going to get hot now!

And thank you, everybody, for sharing these tidbits about what contestants have done before this show. I'm enjoying learning about them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Is Devon really Kevin Covais?
    I thought he looked a bit like Chris Hayes

Bio - Christopher Hayes
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I should have added to my info about Cherie Oakley...when she departed Carrie she joined Gretchen Wilson's band & to the best of my knowledge that is where she still resides. She & her husband Mark (who plays guitar) are both part of Gretchen's band.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I should have added to my info about Cherie Oakley...when she departed Carrie she joined Gretchen Wilson's band & to the best of my knowledge that is where she still resides. She & her husband Mark (who plays guitar) are both part of Gretchen's band.

I haven't heard much from Gretchen Wilson lately. I used to really enjoy her music.

I do wonder about the concept of artists helping other artists. I mean, if you are in the music business, which is competitive, and then you help someone who is better than you, doesn't that hurt you in the long run? Aren't you helping others, but creating more competition for yourself? I wonder if these artist just don't think about that and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I haven't heard much from Gretchen Wilson lately. I used to really enjoy her music.

I do wonder about the concept of artists helping other artists. I mean, if you are in the music business, which is competitive, and then you help someone who is better than you, doesn't that hurt you in the long run? Aren't you helping others, but creating more competition for yourself? I wonder if these artist just don't think about that and go for it.
    Gretchen has pretty much struggled since Redneck Woman. Many of her follow ups were in the "hard partying, hard drinking, ready to kick your ass woman" type of songs. I think it wore thin with fans of Country music pretty quickly.

But, on a positive note...Big & Rich are back in the studio together & they will be heading out on tour. Along with them will be Gretchen, Cowboy Troy & 2 foot Fred. According to John Rich the entire Music Mafia will be on stage together for the entire show. We'll see how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Depends on your relationship with the artist you recruit. There can be financial gain from that recruitment if you position yourself correctly and most professionals in the business do position themselves well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I thought he looked a bit like Chris Hayes

Bio - Christopher Hayes
    I can see that too! Maybe all nerds look alike? Not that there is anything wrong with being a nerd or with looking like other nerds ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011