+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 4/26 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 4/26 ***Spoilers***

When I first saw this previewed I thought to myself I would give it about as much time as I did Paula's new dancing show - zip... but the buzz on it was pretty good so I checked it out and I liked it a lot! A lot of great voices so far, esp Javier's... a good friend of his for 17 years called a radio station I listen to this morning sounding very excited for him, she said he's been wanting this for as long as she can remember - I can't believe he hasn't been discovered yet.....looking forward to next week and the battle round!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    Frenchie Davis tweet when Christina had that snafu during the SuperBowl

"@frenchiedavis: U see why I don't condone over riffing?? At least not as much, smh"
    Well good for Frenchie for stating as much. Being more concerned with inserting riffs is what got Christina in the mess she got in with the national anthem. Had she been less concerned with "styling" up the song, perhaps she'd have remembered the lyrics a little better. lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Well good for Frenchie for stating as much. Being more concerned with inserting riffs is what got Christina in the mess she got in with the national anthem. Had she been less concerned with "styling" up the song, perhaps she'd have remembered the lyrics a little better. lol
    I laughed when I saw Frenchies tweet because that is exactly what you said earlier in this thread.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I laughed when I saw Frenchies tweet because that is exactly what you said earlier in this thread.
    Yup. Indeed.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: 4/26 Show Discussion

I actually enjoyed this show last night with my husband.

Grown bored with almost all the "reality" shows I used to love, watch, and discuss on here. This one got more interesting for me.

I find it very interesting because I was working really hard to try to "make it" in the music business at one time. As a woman with a voice that got plenty of valid positive feedback, but a body that didn't cut it post-Madonna emphasis on female T&A over voice, I am particularly interested to see where this goes.

I like that applicants were screened prior to the finals so that all we're hearing are truly talented voices competing. There's no throwing in a dud here and there to falsely drum up laughs or waste time.

I don't recall names well. But the girl who did the Nirvana cover particularly interested me. I actually wish Cee Lo had voted for and gotten her. She's got a voice that remind me of my own, and coincidentally, one of the songs I was best known for was an acoustic cover of Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box." Her version of "Come As You Are" was really different. I think Adam Levine is too mainstream to take her in an interesting direction. Cee Lo is more "out there" and experimental. But I'm glad she made it through. (Youtubed it - Rebecca Loebe is her name)

I find it a bit telling that Cee Lo turned around and saw how hot the one chick was and groaned and bemoaned that he couldn't still vote for her. Her voice wasn't good enough for a vote but once he saw the face & bod, he wanted her anyway. Tells me that things still don't change all that much. And makes me a bit worried that even though all of them are picking people who are both hot and more plain, they'll end up devoting more effort into the visually striking "typical" people and let the plain ones quietly "lose" the competition.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Will they be able to primp some of the less visually striking people, will they even attempt it? Will they try to push them without changing their images? Will the "winner" be someone who might have a great voice, but already have a hot bod & image to go-with?

We'll see.

I don't watch Idol anymore and I wasn't going to watch this until I saw the extended preview in the other thread. I just finished watching it online and I am going to DVR it next week. I am liking quite a few of the contestants. As far as the coaches go - I don't have any Blake Shelton on my iPod; I only have a few country songs here and there. Actually ... I don't have much from any of the other coaches, either! Maybe it's because the majority is classic rock from the late 60s to an eensy bit of the early 80s and the rest is a mish-mosh of the last 20 years. I am looking forward to adding a few new songs on it when I grab some more from GLEE.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Fan

Christina was obviously bailing out her buddy Frenchie when no one else was turning around. I find it interesting that she was not even trying to hide her past -- including her starring role in Rent on Broadway. And Frenchie is certainly not the only contestant with a modicum of true success before coming on the show.

It will be interesting to see how the audience reacts to a contest that includes so many seasoned professionals...and also how those pros will react to being coached!

NBC is re-airing the show tonight at 8:00 PM (CT).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I really enjoyed this show. Love the interaction with the judges, especially the males. Think I've fallen a little in love with Adam and Blake :wink, but please don't tell my DH. CeeLo makes me laugh, but not sure those cute girls will be safe with him.

Thought the contestants were really well chosen. I also think watching the judges make a decision on whether to turn around or not is fun. Their body language and facial expressions are just interesting to watch.
    My favorite part of this show....

I am absolutely LOVING this show.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    NBC is re-airing the show tonight at 8:00 PM (CT).
    I think this is very smart on the part of NBC. After all the positive buzz it got last night/today I bet they have new audience tuning in tonight to "see what all the fuss was about".

+ Reply to Thread