+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 4/26 ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: The Voice 4/26 ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I'm starting late - just have to say I really liked their opening song they all did together. That was very cool, and what a great mix of voices!
    So far, for those of you watching the whole time, is it worth it? Hold your interest?
    I've been having a reasonably good time. Nobody's truly terrible, the way they can be on the first rounds of AI, and the judges, contestants etc. are all on their best behavior. The judges kid each other, but nobody's rude. I also definitely like the idea of hearing the voices blind.

It has occurred to me, however, that there's got to be some strategy going on with the judges, as they all know they can only pick eight, and they know what they've heard, but they don't know what they will hear. By the time it gets closer to the end, I suspect they'll get much more competitive about campaigning for someone they want. Not nasty--just more competitive.

I'm not sure what Ceelo and Blake are hearing, but I'm not sure I'd have turned around for the youngster. Her voice just wasn't all that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm not sure what Ceelo and Blake are hearing, but I'm not sure I'd have turned around for the youngster. Her voice just wasn't all that strong.
    Them choosing the youngster was my first surprise, hopefully Blake can nurture her.

FORT Fogey

Blake is cracking me up with his arguments as to why people should choose him. But yeah, I think that sixteen year old just isn't quite soup yet. Give her a couple of years and let her get over some of that shyness and give her another listen then.

I"m liking that they're giving us a chance to listen blind too. And just as I say that, they show the singer--though, obviously, for his sake, it would make sense to give him some camera time.

I bet it's a lot easier to keep singing once at least one judge has turned around, because then you know you're going on too.

Performances will be available on ITUNES. I'm no country fan but I might get that Patrick kid.

Loving this blind audition episode! Really liked Frenchy, Vicky, Kelsey, and Patrick.
    Last edited by dallas_viewer; 04-27-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Javier Colon "Tim After Time", awesome. All 4 judges want him, he chose Adam.

I am loving this show, very nicely done! I can't wait until next Tuesday.....Adam did really well on his choses, followed closely by Christina this show turned out to be quite good...

FORT Fogey

Overall, at this point, I'd say Adam has the strongest singers. Rebecca and Xavier definitely know what they're doing. The younger guy who lost his mom (and whose name I obviously can't remember) has a strong enough voice, but he really mangles his words when he sings. He needs help with that, so the audiences can make out his lyrics clearly.

Patrick is Blake's strongest contender. I'm not convinced the other two (technically three, with the duet) he's got are finalists.

I wasn't that wild about Frenchy, and I think Beverly's got more of niche market, which is going to hurt her when it comes to the audience vote. For the life of me, I can't remember who her third choice was.

My mind really must be going, because the only one I can remember going with Ceelo was Ms. Ray, whose first name escapes me. I did like her voice and thought she handled her song choice well.

I really enjoyed this first night. I like that the coaches aren't mocking people. It is sad when no one turns around, but they aren't laughing at the singers like the judges often do in the AI auditions. (Of course, in AI, they purposefully put through terrible singers for the "fun" of mocking them.) So many of these singers put the AI contestants to shame.

The chemistry among the coaches is also fun. I am enjoying their banter. I also think it's great that the singers get to choose their coach in these initial rounds. No matter what else happens, or how far they get, the competitors who had more than one coach want them can always be proud that a couple of very famous artists were fighting over them. That's pretty cool.

My favorite tonight was Javier Colon.

I hope the show can sustain this early momentum.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well that was a pretty enjoyable show and I too hope it keeps going like that. I liked Patrick, Kelsi, Javier and the guy with the afro. Oh yeah, Vicci too. I like the tone in her voice. Blake and Adam are such brats on this show which adds to the entertainment value. Carson was tolerable, he was actually quite nice to folks and didn't ask dumb questions. With NBC's track record for new shows, I hope they don't pull this one too quickly.

+ Reply to Thread