+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 4/26 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 4/26 ***Spoilers***

Love this new Burnett show. Lovie the judges.

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/26 Show Discussion

okay. I am already a HUGE fan of this show!! WOW

1. finally a show that does not stand first on looks and oh boy what you do not see is what you get!!!!!
    2. incredible selections of different voices.
    3. the fact that they are coaches and not judges is a huuuuuge appeal for me and they are all 4 just incredible!

WOW WOW WOW just WOW

I am not a big TV reality show: I love SYTYCD and The bachelor and once in a while if the contestant are okay I watch america next top model and DWTS.

But this show is for sure gonna become my #1 show.

My fav contestants so far are Vikki Martinez, Xenia and Javier Colon but all were very talented. I just have a thing for broken raspy voices. Remember the name Xenia.. She is 16 but my gosh she has a gold voice, a kinda Bonnie Tyler. But Blake picked her and you will see her in the country music which IMO perfect for her! Javier has a je-ne-sais-quoi that will bring crownds yelling at him. I love Tje too. I am not sure of the personality of Patrick (country 20 yrs guy). Anyway... I cannot wait to hear the others next tuesday.

I love Adam and Blake, they are so funny. Cee Lo looks like he has a huge heart and of course Christina is such a star. The interaction with all 4 are fun.

I am still under the shock. I was not at all expecting to be so hoocked. I saw that it was a season1 episode1 and since I hardly see any show unless it starts from #1, I said to myself: what the heck, I will give it a chance

I can hardly wait until next show tuesday NBC.

By the way, if you cannot watch the videos on NBC site, just go to youtube, you will find them all there plus great extra interviews.

again... WOW!

FORT Fogey

lets remember that it is a victory in itself to be on national television!

His face and name will be remembered and he will sure use it knowing that he was finalist. lets also remember that before they sing on the show, the competition is huge. The producers did not pick any randomly. It was the best there

So yeah. not easy to be rejected but they took a chance and they still have better chances than before they were on the show

ps: I was not that impressed by Jared and the other rejectee either. Thought it was the right thing to do to do not pick them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    And that's why the brilliant engineers created fast forward buttons. Ladies, start doing those thumb exercises now! Just in case. I get the feeling we will be using them if he makes it on.

By the way, I adore Magni. I wish we could purchase his music here in the US. I can't get it anywhere and trust me, I've looked. And Marty - Trees? *dies* and his cover of "Baby, baby." I loved the way he performed, arms out and with this really cool swagger thing. He was the epitome of alternative rock, he did it so effortlessly.

So why if Pukeas can be resurrected for this show then we can't have Storm, Magni, Marty, Jordis, Suzie, Dilana on this show? I'd rather have any of them over him. OK so one of them isn't American and that could be a catch but the others are and age is obviously not a factor on this show nor is prior success or exposure.
    Oh yes! I would much rather have any other Rockstar alum appear on The Voice instead of Lukas.
    My favorite was Marty, loved him !

FORT Fan

Javier is supposed to be featured on the Today Show this Tuesday sometime between 9 - 10am. You may wish to check it out!

FORT Fogey

does it sound too early to say that Javier will be in the top 3?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    does it sound too early to say that Javier will be in the top 3?
    Considering that we have not yet seen one HALF of the "team members", I'd say YES!!

I love this show and the concept..YAH YAH YAH

I loved it! The premiere did not disappoint whatsoever.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Have to say that the premise looked extremely goofy to me, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Regarding the "no looks" component....The people we see competing have been selected to compete by someone who has seen them. In other words, this is not a completely unbiased or blind show.

I'm sure we are seeing people who would never make it on Idol given their appearance and/or age, but I'm sure all were selected - to some degree - based on looks before even stepping on stage. What I'm seeing is that producers have selected people that fall into one of 3 categories - good-looking, average looking, and unique looking given age and/or style. A good mix, but none who are completely off the charts gross and still the majority fall into the good-looking category.

Still, once there, the judges must select without seeing the contestants' physical appearance, and that does count for *somthing*.

+ Reply to Thread