+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Blake Shelton - Coach

Re: Blake Shelton - Coach

I know Blake's team has a lot of support from the fans, but honestly, I don't care to hear either of these girls sing. It's sad really. In the past when people sounded terrible, everyone acknowledged it and they tried to impove, but with his team, he, the other coaches and fans just seem to think they sing great. Why? Maybe I'm losing it. LOL I don't get it.

I like Dia but I really don't like his other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I know Blake's team has a lot of support from the fans, but honestly, I don't care to hear either of these girls sing. It's sad really. In the past when people sounded terrible, everyone acknowledged it and they tried to impove, but with his team, he, the other coaches and fans just seem to think they sing great. Why? Maybe I'm losing it. LOL I don't get it.
    I think both of his girls are unique & I really think Dia is on the verge of being something spectacularly special. That girl is an artist with great promise.

I just read through this thread (been away from FORT for quite awhile) and found it very interesting. Having grown up in NYC and living in NorCal for 30 years, I've never been a big Country music fan but I've heard some of Blake's stuff and he is a first rate singer of the genre. His cover of Michael Buble's "Home" is brilliant. As far as the whole "Gay/Violence" episode goes, Shelton has lived in the Country music world and I'm sure that while he probably doesn't feel that way, there are some who do with certain catch phrases and language being casually thrown around. What he probably thought was funny throw away remark clearly created a stir among Gay activists who, given today's politics, are acutely sensative to such things. A big hit national TV show will maginify such a faux pas beyond anything normal. Fortunately the uproar dissapated and I suspect that Blake catalogued everything that happened and will be more careful with his language. It makes sense humanity and business wise. What I have seen in Blake is really good guy who cares deeply about his singers and about the show itself. That and the fact that he's funnier than all hell have made him a terrific choice by the show runners.

Quote Originally Posted by cal1981 View Post
    I just read through this thread (been away from FORT for quite awhile) and found it very interesting. Having grown up in NYC and living in NorCal for 30 years, I've never been a big Country music fan but I've heard some of Blake's stuff and he is a first rate singer of the genre. His cover of Michael Buble's "Home" is brilliant. As far as the whole "Gay/Violence" episode goes, Shelton has lived in the Country music world and I'm sure that while he probably doesn't feel that way, there are some who do with certain catch phrases and language being casually thrown around. What he probably thought was funny throw away remark clearly created a stir among Gay activists who, given today's politics, are acutely sensative to such things. A big hit national TV show will maginify such a faux pas beyond anything normal. Fortunately the uproar dissapated and I suspect that Blake catalogued everything that happened and will be more careful with his language. It makes sense humanity and business wise. What I have seen in Blake is really good guy who cares deeply about his singers and about the show itself. That and the fact that he's funnier than all hell have made him a terrific choice by the show runners.
    I agree with you on Blake caring for his girls & really wanting the best for them, but if you follow him on Twitter, I think you'll realize pretty quickly that he doesn't give much of a rip what someone thinks about him. He's going to say what he wants, & damn the torpedoes. I don't think however, there is a Gay busting bone in his body.

Sometimes I wish I didn't care what others thought of me like Blake does.....it may make me less stressed....
    dagwood, spockwhat and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I agree with you on Blake caring for his girls & really wanting the best for them, but if you follow him on Twitter, I think you'll realize pretty quickly that he doesn't give much of a rip what someone thinks about him. He's going to say what he wants, & damn the torpedoes. I don't think however, there is a Gay busting bone in his body.
    Then he won't mind me saying... even though I think he has a good voice and is dang good to look at, his performance ability is below par. It's really interesting to me that someone with that much musicality both vocally and with instruments cannot show it in his body movements. He's really kind of an awkward dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Then he won't mind me saying... even though I think he has a good voice and is dang good to look at, his performance ability is below par. It's really interesting to me that someone with that much musicality both vocally and with instruments cannot show it in his body movements. He's really kind of an awkward dancer.
    I agree...he is an awkward dancer. I do think some of it is due to his body shape. He isn't light on his feet at all. He is heavy (not in the fat sense). Not sure how to explain.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Both Blake and Adam performed in tribute sessions last night at the Grammys. It is so funny to truly recognize faces and styles of performers whereas before I started watching The Voice and AI, they would have just been performers, but now I feel as though I know these people.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else notice that Miranda and Blake were seated next to Lady Gaga at the Grammys? All I could think of was that they shot all the game for their wedding reception, and she's been known to wear a meat dress. Wonder what the chit chat was like between the three of them.

+ Reply to Thread