+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Blake Shelton - Coach

Re: Blake Shelton - Coach

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I don't see it as homophobic either. It was a freaking joke! People are always looking for drama and controversy. And you know what? Sometimes Blake says stuff just for shock value. I loved how he used to retweet all the PETA anti-Blake stuff and say stuff like he was roasting an endangered species for dinner. This is no different. I wish people would just lighten up.

Honestly, I don't think Tyler was cut because he's gay. Blake was the only judge who turned around so he heard something there. But Tyler wasn't marketable and he would not have won. That's why Blake cut him. Period.
    I have read Blake's supposed anti-gay tweet over and over and I just don't see where it has to do with ANYTHING gay at all. It's about a woman warding off a man's unwelcome touch. How does that have anything to do with anti-gay sentiments? I just don't get it.

When I was a teenager...probably 16-17...one of the football players from our school was trying to "touch" me inappropriately when we were both at a house party. He was huge and I was unable to get him off of me....so I had to take a somewhat "violent" measure to get him to leave me alone. Now I'm not advocating violence (I did what I had to do at the time & it might have saved me from being raped), however, the action that I (a woman) took against that guy (a man) had absolutely nothing to do with me gay-bashing or hating on a man. Whoever sees that tweet from Blake as gay-bashing is just looking for a situation where one does not exist. Now if it was about a woman abusing a woman...or a man vs. a man during unwelcome touch, that's a whole different story. I could see where someone could possibly perceive THAT as gay-bashing and even that would be pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I have read Blake's supposed anti-gay tweet over and over and I just don't see where it has to do with ANYTHING gay at all. It's about a woman warding off a man's unwelcome touch. How does that have anything to do with anti-gay sentiments? I just don't get it.
    The problem was that people were reading it as coming from Blake's perspective, ie. any man who touched him would end up a broken, bleeding mess, in which case I can see how people might consider that to be homophobic. And I have to admit that upon reading the tweet, I was taken aback. It needed explaining that it was from the woman's (Shania's) perspective - that really wasn't very clear.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I pulled out my CD jacket of Blake last night. He used to have long curls and a chubby baby face. Check out these old photos of him. He's so cute!

photos of blake shelton - Google Search

Oh he was so adorable!

Poor Blake, I feel like he's taking a hard hit here in his thread. Though I'm still irked by the Tyler cut, I think he fits the show well as a coach. I'm pleased overall by the variety in the coaches/judges the have pulled together for this show, and now that Blake is a bit of an underdog, I'll be kind of rooting for his singers to surprise me.
    Doesn't hurt that he's so adorable. I'm so amused everytime they have a battle, and the cut to Blake and he's doing that head-thrust thing he does to the beat. He's a bit of a geek. Love that.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Oh he was so adorable!

Poor Blake, I feel like he's taking a hard hit here in his thread. Though I'm still irked by the Tyler cut, I think he fits the show well as a coach. I'm pleased overall by the variety in the coaches/judges the have pulled together for this show, and now that Blake is a bit of an underdog, I'll be kind of rooting for his singers to surprise me.
    Doesn't hurt that he's so adorable. I'm so amused everytime they have a battle, and the cut to Blake and he's doing that head-thrust thing he does to the beat. He's a bit of a geek. Love that.
    Yeah, I don't care about that story involving the Shania song. It happened awhile ago and I don't think it represents who he is.

I can't figure out why he picked those two girls from last night. That was painful. I had to ff through it. If he can turn that girl around, I will be impressed!

I have wondered about Blake's song choices though. Quite odd IMO. And don't get me started on Reba. I love her, but at her age she sang, If I Were A Boy on an award show last year!!!! I thought she had lost her mind. That song is designed for someone NO older than 29 and preferably in your teens. I found it bizarre. Let's hope they get some help with song selection.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Now I'm REALLY happy Blake is a coach on this show. He keeps things controversial.

Did anyone see Blake on Leno last night? Scotty was on too.

Jay asked Blake how he got along with the other coaches and he said he loved Ceelo and was very much like Adam. He said he like Christina too and that he had invited them all to a party at his house after the show Tuesday night. He said he took a photo of his wife, Miranda Lambert and Christina together and gave a little naughty laugh. Jay asked if this was a fantasy of his, the two women, and he said "Of course." Jay said let's leave that alone because that will get you into trouble, after all you are still a newlywed. LOL

I hope Blake's wife has a good sense of humor. Many wives would not think that kind of comment was funny and might even get upset about it. I wonder if there will be any fallout about it.

He also said last night that if anyone took issue with him on The Voice, they could kills his a*#. He seemed light hearted about though. I did find his comments rather odd.

I think that's just his sense of humor. He is a little naughty.

Honestly I like that he picked Xenia. I think that girl has loads of talent and she needs someone to guide her, help her gain confidence and I love that he chose to do that. I would love to see what she could do if she weren't scared out of her mind.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think that's just his sense of humor. He is a little naughty.

Honestly I like that he picked Xenia. I think that girl has loads of talent and she needs someone to guide her, help her gain confidence and I love that he chose to do that. I would love to see what she could do if she weren't scared out of her mind.
    I agree. It says a lot that she even tried out with her being as shy as she is!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Can't believe he picked Xenia....

He said on Leno that it was the OK boy coming out, that he couldn't say no to the little girl; he wants to protect her. He knew the two guys could take care of themselves. Hogwash? Maybe, but I think he said it best on the stage - that the two girls feed off of each other and will be good for the team.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread