+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cee Lo Green - Coach

Cee Lo Green - Coach

Singer, rapper, producer, and songwriter Cee Lo Green is a force to be reckoned with in the music industry. Best known for his hits "Crazy" and "Forget You," the endlessly inventive Cee Lo Green has spent his career pushing hip-hop and soul's creative envelope.

With his velvety vocals and trademark Southern-fried accent, the Atlanta based artist - born Thomas DeCarlo Calloway - was the standout member of the Atlanta hip-hop collective Goodie Mob. He left the group in 1999, making his solo debut with 2002's ambitious "Cee Lo Green & His Perfect Imperfections." That highly influential album was followed two years later by "Cee Lo Green Is... The Soul Machine."

In 2006, Cee Lo teamed with Danger Mouse to create the duo Gnarls Barkley, and made history with their hit single "Crazy." The track was the first single to reach #1 in the U.K. through downloads alone, while in the U.S., it scored major play at eight different radio formats, placing it on the most-ever radio airplay charts in a single week. "Crazy" went on to win a Grammy Award for Best Urban/Alternative Performance, while the dynamic duo's platinum-certified full-length debut, "St. Elsewhere," received the Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album. Gnarls Barkley returned in 2008 with "The Odd Couple," which garnered international acclaim and four Grammy Award nominations.

Cee Lo has also been one of popular music's most in-demand guest artists, lending his voice to hit tracks by the likes of TLC, OutKast, Diddy, Santana, Common, and the Pussycat Dolls - with whom he co-wrote and produced 2005's worldwide #1 hit, "Don't Cha (feat. Busta Rhymes)."

In 2010, Cee Lo rebooted his solo career with his latest album, "Lady Killer." His single "Forget You" was an instant hit, registering over two million plays in less than a week on YouTube. In 2010, Cee Lo received five Grammy nominations for "Forget You," and won for Best Urban/Alternative Performance.

The Voice - NBC Official Site

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: Cee Lo Green - Coach

Probably the most "alternative" coach on the show. I'm not a huge fan of his music except for a few radio-friendly songs. But I like his individualism and that he seems to really think outside the box musically. I'm most interested to see what he does with his team.

FORT Fogey

I am so excited to see what he is going to do. I really think he is a musical genius and he is the best coach! While I think he would work best with soul/hip hop artists, I also think he would love the challenge of doing something different! I'm not sure how he could fail!

From what I have seen about this guy, he's really good and well loved. Lots of people in the biz adore and respect him. I will give him a chance. I have had preconceived opinions about him though. I'll be brief and if someone knows something that I don't, please chime in.

I consider myself a VERY openminded person and quite liberal. I do not support censorship and believe in everyone's free speech, HOWEVER, I find it quite odd when adults feel the need to put children, (under age 14) in a music video that contains certain words. I assume most of you know that the original song "Forget You" was not "Forget" but another "F" world. In the original video, young children are singing this song. Why would he do that? He should at least have the kids appear to be 15 years old or older. When I saw that video with the young kids saying that word it turned me off and I wrote him off as kind of nutty, but now I wonder. Maybe it's just me. I just think it's best to keep words and topics like that for adults. There is enough for younger children without doing that.

FORT Fogey

This is the type of guy that has his heart in a tray.

I love his voice and personality.

He picked Vicci Martinez which I think she is great, yet another raspy voice I love. Kelsey... of course pretty but I was not that much into her voice. I am sure some producer will boost her soon but she is not that kind of voice to remember I think. Tje is in the other end another Cee Lo and I think he will do very well in the business with Cee Lo. I love Vicci better but I think Tje will do better in the long run.

I am anxious to see what he is able to come up with for the country singer he picked to be on his team.

He is a talented artist.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I hope his pick last night tones it down a bit as she progresses. I do think she has a good voice though.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I hope his pick last night tones it down a bit as she progresses. I do think she has a good voice though.
    Did you hear what he said to the girl he didn't select? When she was upset, he was consoling her and said "Don't worry, please call me. I'll take care of you." I wonder if he's going to do that with all of them? LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you hear what he said to the girl he didn't select? When she was upset, he was consoling her and said "Don't worry, please call me. I'll take care of you." I wonder if he's going to do that with all of them? LOL
    I don't think he will do that with all of them. Did he really say that? I hope so because they were both great! It did sound to me like he felt badly about not picking Niki. It was almost as if he was admitting that she won the battle but he just had a better feeling about Vicci.

I thought he made the right choice with picking Vicci! I can't wait to see how she does in the coming weeks.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast