+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cee Lo Green - Coach

Re: Cee Lo Green - Coach

Another good choice for his team & not the obvious choice either.

How will a pair fit into a solo competition. But, sibling voices singing together always sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    How will a pair fit into a solo competition. But, sibling voices singing together always sound good.
    Yea...THOSE siblings sounded great but nobody wants to hear me and my sister sing....ohhh soo not good!!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Fogey

I just realized that Tori and Taylor Thompson have met Monica before. Back in 2003, Monica was a guest judge on American Juniors. Both of the sisters had already made the group by the time Monica hosted though. I just thought I would point that out.

FORT Newbie

Did you see where he put out that tweet? I think people are overreacting to it. Cee Lo Green of 'The Voice' makes mistake on Twitter with gay comment - Oklahoma City TV | Examiner.com

I just love Ceelo's team. Vicci and Nakia are the very best IMO. (I like Beverly too.) It's sad that he will probably lose Nakia tonight.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had to look up more information on Cee Lo's cat. I wondered if it was his real pet or just a prop for the show.

Awww, isn't Purrfect cute??? I love a guy who loves cats!

Pawing his way to the top: Cee Lo Green's cat Purrfect is furry popular after appearing on The Voice
    By IONA KIRBY
    Last updated at 8:20 AM on 15th February 2012
    Comments (23)

The coaches of The Voice are pulling out all the stops in the hope that they will lead the second season’s winning act.

And Cee Lo Green has an unusual trick up his sleeve to win over the audience.

The 37-year-old singer has started bringing his fluffy white cat Purrfect to work with him, and can be seen stroking the creature who sweetly sits on his lap during filming of the TV talent show.

Winning team?: Cee Lo Green hopes his cat Purrfect can help him win the second season of The Voice

But now the cat, who Cee Lo describes as his ‘secret weapon’, has become a star in his own right, drumming up a Twitter following of over 12,000 fans, and over 2,500 ‘likes’ on Facebook.

Cee Lo's furry friend has posted a series of hilarious comments to his fans, and has even been seen exchanging tweets with his owner's rival coach Adam Levine.

The Maroon 5 singer wrote a message on his Twitter page that popped up on screen during the airing of the show, which said: ‘Arm wrestling Cee Lo wouldn't go well for me. However, I'm pretty sure I could take the cat. It's on @PurrfectTheCat.’

'Secret weapon': Cee Lo has started bringing Purrfect along to sit on The Voice judging panel with him

Making his mark: Purrfect has become a star in his own right and has drummed up over 12,000 Twitter followers

After his debut appearance on the NBC show, Purrfect posted a message to his Facebook page that said: ‘Camera adds 10 lbs of fur, but I look purrrrfect. Don’t you agree?’

And following the Grammy Awards over the weekend, the cat wrote: ‘can't wait to rub my cheeks all over CeeLo Green's Grammy. #PawsCrossed’

In a video to promote the second season of the show, the Forget You singer stroked the fluffy creature and said: ‘I want to introduce you to a friend of mine, very dear to my heart. His name is Purrfect.’

Lap of luxury: Purrfect seems to be enjoying his new found fame thanks to his television appearances

Hilarious: Purrfect has been sending a series of funny comments to his Twitter and Facebook followers

The star added: ‘This is my secret weapon actually.’

Cee Lo is hoping to mentor the show’s winning act this year after losing out to Adam Levine in the last season of the hit show.

So far, the soul singer has nabbed six promising contestants for his team.

Confident: Cee Lo has no doubt that his furry friend will help him scoop the crown after he lost to Adam Levine last season

Debut: Cee Lo introduced the cat to his fans during a promotional video for The Voice

Folk singer Sarah Golden, Former model Erin Martin, and auto body shop worker James Massone all signed on to have Cee Lo as their mentor in last night’s episode.

The premiere show last week saw Cee Lo secure 15-year-old rocker Juliet Simms after he battled Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine to win over the aspiring singer.

The singer took home the Grammy for Best R&B song, which he scooped for Fool For You alongside Melanie Hallim and Jack Splash.

Read more: Cee Lo Green's cat Purrfect is furry popular after appearing on The Voice | Mail Online
    Cornholio likes this.

FORT Fogey

His real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway. THAT is a very cool name! I never knew this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    His real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway. THAT is a very cool name! I never knew this.
    Hah! "Tom"

Tom, Tom, Tom...whatever have you gotten yourself into?

CeeLo Green accused of giving woman drug, but DA declines rape charge - CNN.com

Los Angeles (CNN) -- CeeLo Green, a singer who is a coach on the television singing competition "The Voice," has pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of giving the drug Ecstasy to a woman who also accused him of sexually assaulting her last year, according to prosecutors.

But the 38-year-old Atlanta singer, who rose to worldwide fame with the hit songs "Forget You" and "Crazy," will not face sexual assault charges after prosecutors concluded there wasn't enough evidence to take that accusation to court, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said in a statement released Monday.

Green, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, appeared in court Monday to be arraigned on the sole charge of furnishing a controlled substance. The charge carries a potential sentence of up to four years in prison.

After Green pleaded not guilty, the judge accepted prosecutors' recommendation to set his bond at $30,000 and ordered him to return to court on November 20.

CeeLo accused of slipping woman ecstasy

"Are you relieved?" a reporter asked him before his arraignment. The singer-songwriter nodded yes.

"Are you scared?" the reporter asked. "No," Green replied.

According to prosecutors, Green slipped the drug to a 33-year-old woman while they were having dinner on July 13 or July 14, 2012. They later went back to her hotel, prosecutors said.

The woman accused Green of sexually assaulting her at the Luxe Hotel after their dinner together, CNN affiliate KTLA reported, citing a Los Angeles Police Department statement.

The Los Angeles Times reported the woman said she woke up naked in bed with Green in her room.

But in their statement Monday, prosecutors said they had declined to file a charge of rape of an intoxicated person, citing insufficient evidence.

Green "will responsibly address" the drug charge in court and is pleased prosecutors decided not to proceed with the sex assault charge, his attorney, Blair Berk, said in a statement issued Monday.

"Mr. Green encouraged a full and complete investigation of those claims, and he was confident once conducted, he would be cleared of having any wrongful intent and it would be established that any relations were consensual," Berk said. "CeeLo had faith that if the true facts were known, the district attorney would reject those charges."

She said the decision by prosecutors showed that "the evidence did not support the false and unfounded claims made over a year ago."

NBC declined to comment on Green's future with the show, a singing competition that involves teams of aspiring artists mentored by one of four coaches, one of whom is Green. It is currently airing taped episodes, the latest of which aired Monday night.

The show, now in its fifth season, has been among NBC's most popular programs. Aside from football programming, the show was NBC's best-rated show in 2012, according to Nielsen. It ranked No. 6, with more than 14 million viewers for its October 3 episode, the ratings company said.

Green began his music career as a member of the Southern hip-hop group Goodie Mob. He later became part of the duo Gnarls Barkley, whose 2006 song "Crazy" became a worldwide hit. Four years later, he recorded "Forget You," which achieved similar success.

His work has netted him five Grammys and numerous other awards.

CNN's Alan Duke reported and wrote from Los Angeles, Michael Pearson wrote from Atlanta; CNN's Lindsey Knight and Denise Quan also contributed to this report.

It's going to be hard to see him in the coach's chair (particularly when live rounds come around) knowing this is hanging over his head.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast