+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Christina Aguilera - Coach

Christina Aguilera - Coach

One of the most accomplished performers of the last decade, Christina Aguilera has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, achieved four No. 1 singles on the Billboard hot 100 chart, and has won five Grammy awards, as well as three top five albums in the United States. She has collaborated with Herbie Hancock, Andrea Bocelli, Tony Bennett, Elton John and The Rolling Stones. Aguilera was also the only artist under 30 to make Rolling Stone Magazine's list of 100 greatest singers of all time.

In 2010 Aguilera starred in her first feature film, "Burlesque," opposite Cher and Stanley Tucci, earning a Golden Globe nomination for "Bound to You," which she co-wrote and performed. Earlier that same year, Aguilera launched her new album, "Bionic," collaborating with artists Sia, Le Tigre and Ladytron as well as producers Tricky Stewart and Hill/Switch.

The New York native's trajectory from performing in local talent shows in Pennsylvania, where she grew up, to getting her big break on "Star Search" in 1992 to landing a part on the Disney Channel's "The New Mickey Mouse Club," is well known. It was her song "Reflection" for Disney's "Mulan" that led to a record deal with RCA and the release of her self-titled debut album in the summer of 1999. The album quickly hit No. 1 on the strength of its first dance/pop single, "Genie in a Bottle" (which dominated the charts for five weeks and broke records worldwide) and other chart-toppers including "What a Girl Wants" and "Come on Over." It was a feat she would repeat the following year with "Mi Reflejo," the smash Spanish-language version of her debut, followed by her hit holiday release, "My Kind of Christmas."

Today, while devoting the lion's share of her time to recording and touring, the 29-year-old is active in a range of philanthropy. In 2009 Aguilera joined forces with Yum! Brands in their World Hunger Relief effort, acting as global spokesperson. In less than one year she has created widespread awareness and deeper engagement to benefit the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and other hunger relief agencies and helped to raise a record breaking $22.5 million in donations. In 2010 she was named an ambassador to the United Nations for her hard work and outreach. In addition, Aguilera and her son, Max, appeared in a PSA for Rock the Vote, encouraging young people to take a stand and vote for what they believe in. The ad, featuring Aguilera singing "America the Beautiful" to Max who is wrapped in an American flag, was included in magazines, television spots and billboards in Times Square. A major contributor to the fight against AIDS, Aguilera has participated in the What's Going On? cover project for AIDS Project Los Angeles' Artists Against AIDS. In 2004 she became the new face for MAC cosmetic company and spokesperson for the MAC AIDS Fund. In addition, Aguilera became involved in awareness campaigns with Youth AIDS and ALDO. She also sponsors and is actively involved in the Women's Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh for battered women and children.

The Voice - NBC Official Site

Re: Christina Aguilera - Coach

She has been sort of a trainwreck lately, but I've always liked Christina. I hope this show does what AI did for JLo.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Someone ... please ... shut her up!

One thing that can ruin this show is the "stars" trying to be the center of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Someone ... please ... shut her up!

One thing that can ruin this show is the "stars" trying to be the center of attention.
    I agree. She was starting to get on my nerves.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I can't believe they got Christina Aguilera to do this show! She's such a huge star!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I agree. She was starting to get on my nerves.
    I find her highly annoying.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I would wager she took this show to rehabilate her image. Didn't watch so I can't say.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I can't stand her overuse of belting and melissma. But I do think she's a gifted singer/performer.

That said, as a female vocalist myself, she's the last one I'd want coaching me. I don't have any particular dislike of her. But I can't help feeling like she'd be very "This is how I'd do it, do it this way."

FORT Regular

why would anyone want a self-appointed diva to coach them? diva basically means impossible to work with.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
    why would anyone want a self-appointed diva to coach them? diva basically means impossible to work with.

Exactly. Mind you, if it was a real diva along the lines of the legendary Aretha Franklin, I'd make an exception.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast