+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carson Daly - Host

Carson Daly - Host

Carson Daly is a pioneer of pop culture across a multitude of media, including network television, radio, the recording industry and digital. Carson began his career in radio in the early '90s, quickly moving up the ranks as an on-air DJ in five different cities within his first five years. Shortly thereafter, he landed one of the most coveted positions in the business - that of the early evening voice of Los Angeles' influential and top-rated KROQ-FM. MTV soon recognized his talent and brought him to New York City.

It was at MTV that Daly became the entertainment icon that he is today. His popularity exploded in the era of 'N Sync, Britney Spears and Eminem. As host and executive producer of MTV's "Total Request Live" (TRL), he transformed an afternoon music video program into a must-stop on the publicity circuit for musicians, movie stars and entertainers alike.
    In January 2002, his loyal fans followed him to NBC and tuned into his late-night television show "Last Call with Carson Daly," which is currently entering its 10th season as a part of the network's top-rated, late-night lineup. Re-writing the rulebook for late-night television, Daly has taken his show out of the studio and on location every night.

While the show boasts diverse bookings in the worlds of entertainment, politics and sports, it's the progressive music bookings that have earned Daly his bragging rights among the late-night crowd. Since day one, "Last Call" has been the show that gives many of the hottest bands their first break on U.S. television, including The Killers, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5, Ray Lamontagne, Modest Mouse, 30 Seconds to Mars, B.o.B and many more.

For its seventh year, Daly and Universal Media Studios produced the annual New Year's Eve primetime special "NBC's New Year's Eve with Carson Daly," ringing in 2011 live from Times Square. As executive producer, Daly led the broadcast on all NBC platforms - both on and offline. Last year's special received its highest ratings to date. Past musical performances have included Rihanna, Jay Z, Greenday, Sir Elton John, Alicia Keys, Katy Perry, Ludacris, Mary J Blige, Avril Lavigne, Panic! At The Disco, The Ting Tings and Lenny Kravitz.
    In January 2010, Daly returned to his radio roots and currently hosts morning drive from 6 a.m. until 10 a.m., Monday - Friday on KAMP (97.1) in Southern California.

The Voice - NBC Official Site
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Re: Carson Daly - Host

I like the guy and I also like his attitude on this show.

He knows what he is talking about due to his experience and when he says to Xenia or Javier or Patrick that they will go far... they will.

It is quite an impressive carreer

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

While I admittedly haven't seen a ton of his work (TRL was NEVER EVER EVER something I could stomach), I really don't understand what people have against him.

I like Carson Daly also, I loved him on TRL an so far I love him on this show!

Didn't he used to have a famous girlfriend? I can't recall who she was.

The only thing I have ever seen him in was Josie and the Pussycats, and he was pretty funny in that. I'm not sure what people have against him, but I have to say that at this point he is acquitting himself a thousand times better than Brooke Burke ever has.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    He dated Tara Reid an I also remember reading something about him dating Christina at one time....

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    He dated Tara Reid an I also remember reading something about him dating Christina at one time....
    Oh, maybe that's who is was, but it seems like there was someone else too. I'll look into it, not that it matters, but I like trivia.

I checked into it. It was Jennifer Love Hewett, which I find so odd for some reason.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-05-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

He has had a few famous gf's. Not sure which ones were rumored or actually real.

Tara Reid
    Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Willa Ford
    Jaime Pressly
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter View Post
    While I admittedly haven't seen a ton of his work (TRL was NEVER EVER EVER something I could stomach), I really don't understand what people have against him.
    I don't either. His role is minor and he seems to be doing the job well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast