+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voice on NBC

The Voice on NBC

"The Voice" is a vocal competition series modeled after Holland's top-rated vocal talent discovery show, "The Voice of Holland." Hosted by Carson Daly, the show features four musician coaches: Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton, who will coach only the most talented vocalists.

The show's innovative format features three stages of competition: the first begins with the blind audition, then the competition enters into a battle phase, and finally, the live performance. The show's casting team is working with the music industry and searching the country for the best singers to bring to the blind audition process. During the blind auditions, the decisions from the coaches are based solely on voice and not on looks. The coaches hear the contestants perform, but they don't get to see them - thanks to rotating chairs. If a coach is impressed by a contestant's voice, he/she pushes a button to select the contestant. At this point, the coach's chair will swivel to face the contestant selected. If more than one coach selects the talent, the power shifts to the contestant, who may choose which coach they want to work with throughout the competition.

Once the teams are set, the battle is on. Coaches will dedicate themselves to developing their singers, giving them advice, and sharing the secrets of their success. During the battle rounds the coaches will pit two of their own team members against each other to sing the same song together in front of a studio audience. After the vocal face-off, the coach must choose which singers will advance.

At the end of the battle episodes, only the strongest members of each coach's roster remain and proceed to the live stage shows. In this final performance phase of the competition, the top contestants from each team will compete against each other during a live broadcast. The television audience will vote to save one contestant on each team, leaving the coach to decide live who they want to save and who will not move on. At last, each coach will have his/her best contestant left standing to compete in the finale. From these four, one will be named "The Voice" - and will receive the grand prize of a recording contract and $100,000.

"The Voice" is a presentation of Talpa Productions, Mark Burnett and Warner Horizon Television. The series is created by John de Mol, who will executive produce along with Burnett and Audrey Morrissey.
    The Voice - NBC Official Site
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: The Voice on NBC

I don't know if this will be any good, but the format sounds interesting. I'm willing to check it out. Interesting line up of judges, too.

FORT Newbie

I was hopeful when I heard the concept but just in the little bit I've seen in the ads, I'm starting to have doubts. 1. Seems like the same old, forget the melody, throw in as much warbling as possible will get over the top praise from the judges. 2. If you allow the judges to spin their seats around before the judging, what's the point of a "blind audition"? 3. The talentless Carson Daly is involved.

And I find it ironic that the judges, with the exception of Cee Lo Green, are all well known for their looks as well as their voices.

From what I've figured out from the ads, when the judge turns their chair around, it means they want to add that person to their team, mentor them, etc. If more than one judge turns their chair then they have to convince the singer to chose them over the other judges. So at the point that the chair spins, the judging is over for that particular judge. It's still a blind audition.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this show plays out. It doesn't hurt that I love Maroon 5, and Adam Levine either!

I love singing competition shows, so I will watch .
    How many weeks does this show run, does anyone know?

I saw one commercial with Lukas Rossi from Rockstar: Supernova fame auditioning to be The Voice. Ick.

If I have room on the DVR, I'll give it a whirl.

Wait...did you just say that Puke-s Rossi is on this? NO! No way will I watch if that person gets on this show. He completely ruined Rockstar for me and didn't he win? How can he audition when he's already won something? What, Tommy doesn't like him anymore?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I imagine he is eligible because he is not signed to a record label. "Supernova" broke up shortly after Rockstar: Supernova ended. I just can't stand him.
    He showed up on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab -- his wife? was one of the patients in Rehab center, and he would slither and slink around for family day visits.

On the Bravo show Platinum Hit (which comes out this summer), Jes Hudak from Rockstar:INXS is one of the contestants. I don't remember her though.

I will be watching because I love Blake Shelton.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'll watch if I can get past the oh-so-gag-worthy Christina Aguilera.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I will give this one a shot, why not? There is nothing worse than Biggest Loser and I watch that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast