+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Voice on NBC

FORT Fogey

Re: The Voice on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I simply cannot stand her over the top, over-singing, pack as many riffs and runs into one note as you can, over-indulgent style of delivery. And it doesn't just stop with Christina, as there are plenty of others out there just like her. She's a standout however, since I have not once--EVER heard her sing a song without stuffing it full of fancy fills, trills and frills. Her vocal coach should have informed her that sometimes less is more.

Grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    Thanks I get that and hate it too. I just have never heard her sing. Odd I know but I dont listen to pop music much.

What is up with Cee Lo saying there is a difference between a singer and a sanger. That just sounds like a forced cool thing to say and sounds dumb to me. I don't know him and I don't like him from what I have seen. I may change my mind as this show goes along but, for now, he makes my skin crawl.
    Last edited by shoepie; 04-26-2011 at 10:10 PM.

LT1

Dia Frampton

Can't wait to see her perform next week.

FORT Fogey

Oh my goodness! My FORT friends are disappointing me right now! Carson Daly hosted TRL. TRL was only the biggest thing to ever happen to my life! And who was one of the biggest stars of TRL? Christina Aguilera! THE Voice of my generation! I can understand why people don't know who Cee Lo is. He is more of a hip hop guy. But he is the one I would be selecting because he has been around a long time and he has worked with so many people from various backgrounds!

What is TRL?

I knew Christina and Blake, but not the other two. Although I knew Maroon 5, I didn't know Adam was the lead singer. So far, though, I like all the judges.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    What is TRL?
    Total Request Live

It was a show on MTV that counted down the top 10 voted videos each day. They'd have musical guests, and bring up fans outside the studio for the audience. It was a fun simple show, way back when MTV still showed videos!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I can understand why people don't know who Cee Lo is. He is more of a hip hop guy.
    Cee Lo isn't hip hop.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Total Request Live

It was a show on MTV that counted down the top 10 voted videos each day. They'd have musical guests, and bring up fans outside the studio for the audience. It was a fun simple show, way back when MTV still showed videos!
    You mean they used to do music?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Cee Lo isn't hip hop.
    He's definitely hip hop! "Crazy" and "Forget You" are not typiscal hip hop songs but he has been part of Goodie Mob for 20 years. Gnarls Barkley is urban alternative but he was a rapper/singer as a part of Goodie Mob! I am surprised people are not aware of this! I am not much of a fan of Goodie Mob but they've put a lot of music out throughout the years. You could watch some of their videos if you don't believe it. Or you could wikipedia Cee-Lo's discography.

Cee Lo - My husband is die-hard, old-school country and even he knew who he was without even hearing the man sing. Soon as his face popped up in the opening number? "I know who that is...it's Cee Lo....he's really good. He's got his hand in everything." I was stunned because I had no idea who he was and here is my country loving husband rattling off all his accomplishments.

Maroon 5 - is one of those bands that everybody swears they don't know TILL they are told some of their songs and then it's like "Oh! Them! I know them, they are good." Songs about Jane 2002 - a little song called "She will be loved" that only became so massive that they've played it to death everywhere. "This Love" is another one off that album. Their next album had "If I Never See Your Face Again". They've had other songs too but for some reason they just aren't remembered as having big hits.

Overall, I am really liking this show and so much more than where AI has gone these past few years. I wish Frenchie wasn't on it, not a fan, but I really like just about all the others they've chosen and I love the format.

When Carson showed up? My husband said "He looks familiar" and I said "That's Carson, they roll him out every few years just to remind us all that he's not dead yet."

I would have preferred somebody other than Adam, like a rocker or Dave Navarro (not Tommy Lee since he breaks everything he's on). The reason is that he and Cee Lo go for the same type. Yes, Cee Lo is Hip Hop but he also likes the same sort of sound that Adam does. So a rocker would have brought an entirely different vibe.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 04-28-2011 at 05:54 AM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    He's definitely hip hop! "Crazy" and "Forget You" are not typiscal hip hop songs but he has been part of Goodie Mob for 20 years. Gnarls Barkley is urban alternative but he was a rapper/singer as a part of Goodie Mob! I am surprised people are not aware of this! I am not much of a fan of Goodie Mob but they've put a lot of music out throughout the years. You could watch some of their videos if you don't believe it. Or you could wikipedia Cee-Lo's discography.
    With the music he's doing right now, I wouldn't label him hip hop at the moment, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 04-28-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread