+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voice on NBC

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: The Voice on NBC

Having lost interest in AI for the season, I have room on my DVR for this. Looking forward to the contestants. The judges - no so much!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    Rockstar was my favorite and I think it would have had a long life if Tommy and his boys hadn't killed it. Tommy was wasted every show!

I auditioned for the INXS version and was very excited about seeing it. Then they had VanHalen set to be the host of the second one (which could have been awesome!) but they decided that Eddie wasn't "TV Friendly" so they threw together that crappy replacement band with Tommy, Gilby (good rhythm player but not a lead guitarist), & Jason. Lucas was the best fit for them because they all sucked equally!!

The REAL stars of Rockstar beside Brook & Dave were the HOUSE BAND... man those guys were so good on both versions of the show. What a step down to go from them as your backup band to "Tommy's Trainwreck"...
    Excuse my OT but I can't resist...Dilana...Dilana...Dil ana
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler info RCTina, that is the best news!
    Now, I am really looking forward to the show .

Amen!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing this. Years ago, I said that I thought that the auditioners for Idol should sing behind a barrier that would block us from seeing what they look like.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I would love to see Rockstar come back too! It really was the best of the all of the singing competition shows; it had a great format, and super talented contestants.
    I know. I tried to download some of their music but the ones I really liked are not American and I couldn't get their music anywhere!

Maybe some drone from the networks is reading this and will hear our pleas? We can only hope!

Anybody heard who the house band of this is going to be? Or will they have a house band?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Excuse my OT but I can't resist...Dilana...Dilana...Dil ana
    I loved Storm! Marty Casey has one of my all time favorite covers of that Nirvana (Lithium) song and then when he did Trees? I died lol. But my favorite was Jordis who completely vanished off the face of the planet. Man, that was one talented group of singers.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 04-20-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post

It sounds intriguing, so I'll give it a shot. However, I must point out that it's not completely innovative. Simon's new show "The X-Factor" is very similar.

1. The contestants are divided into groups and mentored by a judge. In the latter show, however, the contestants are lumped by category (groups, over 30, under 30) and each category is randomly assigned to a judge by the producers.

2. There's also a sing-off in the live shows between two contestants. The differences is that in X the two singers are those contestants with the lowest amount of votes.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I looked it up to see if this franchise (originally from the Netherlands) came before Simon created the X-Factor. But nope, the X-Factor was first.

But when it comes to singing reality show competitions, they're not going to get very creative at this point. If it's even a little different from the Idol franchise, then it should be able to pass. The way I see it, the singing format will tire out soon enough, and the big networks should cash in on it as quickly as possible.

Speaking of, I think NBC has really tried to do that so many times. Naming all of their shows (past or present) that have had some amount of singing in them: Fame, Nashville Star, Grease: You're the One That I Want!, America's Most Talented Kid, Hit Me Baby One More Time, the Sing-Off, and, of course, America's Got Talent. Besides AGT, I don't think any of them have really hit off. (And even AGT isn't the biggest thing in the country.) But I have high hopes for this show. They're advertising it very well, for one thing. They also have some formidable names attached to the show. This may just be the show that NBC needs to revive itself.

Obviously, I have high hopes for this show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

NBC is in the hole with ratings, so I think they figure they have nothing to lose at this point. It seemed whenever a network hit it big with a franchise (Survivor, AI, DWTS, The Bachelor, and even going back to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire), the others tried their own versions. Usually to horrible duplicates (I could be here all day naming FOX's trainwrecks). I don't really see how a singing competition can be different Idol, but they can make it their own. I do like the idea of the judges not being able to see who's auditioning before giving their decision. Hopefully there's no one able to get on their knees and beg for a chance. I've grown tired of AI for so many reasons, and have tuned out this season completely. So if this show can have judges who give actual constructive criticism, and we get real talent with a decent voting system, I'll be happy. Carson Daly I'm not fond of, but I'll deal. I don't mind the judging panel. AGT does fairly well, but it's aired during the summer, so I'm not sure how it'd compare running in a regular season slot against something like DWTS or AI. Didn't they have America's Most Talented Senoir as well?

I feel like The X Factor may be a lot of hype that crashes. I'm already tired of hearing about the drama and secrecy surrounding who will be the judging panel on that show. I thought I'd miss Simon from Idol, but I didn't, and didn't find the judging panel to be much of an improvement.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do not really care for AGT, at all. I watched it that first season, and haven't really been back. I hate their camera work, and the complete range of ages. Little kids vs. adults.....Gimme a break! I prefer a more level playing field.That's enough to make me check OUT!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There is a 12 minute extended preview that seems really, really promising. Features the four judges singing "Crazy" & one country singer contestant that I actually liked. Definitely worth checking out. I wonder if I'll be able to buy this judge collaboration.

The Voice - Extended Preview of The Voice - Video - NBC.com

+ Reply to Thread