+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 3/24-3/25 The Voice 6: Battle Rounds **West Coast Spoilers**

3/24-3/25 The Voice 6: Battle Rounds **West Coast Spoilers**

This week should finish the Battle Rounds, though I've been reading here that what we knew as Knock Out Rounds, which would start next week, are now also known as Battle Rounds. Onward...
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 3/24-3/25 The Voice 6: Battle Rounds **West Coast Spoilers**

HEY! Where is everyone?

Josh vs Austin. 4 chair vs. 1 chair. Gee how suspenseful. I missed the wonderful that is Josh in the auditions. Love his tone.

Trio of girls. I agree with choosing Audra. The duo were fine, I'd sit and listen to them at karaoke night.

Deja vs Music Box. Music Box wtf? Meh on this battle, could THIS have not been montaged?

Madylin vs Tanner. Adorable. Love Madylin even though she is a Danielle Bradbery clone. Same age, same hair, except Madylin has a much prettier voice. These two should get together and sing all the time. TSwift write them some songs please!!

Dawn & Hawkes vs. some unknown dude. WTF Adam? Why would he choose such a sh*&^% song? Worst Battle song EVER! Loved that Shakira waited until he was almost backstage before she stole him. haha

Bria vs. Tess. That was not as epic as I had hoped. Where was that gritty voice from auditions? She should have killed on this song, instead it was no better than what I'd hear on karaoke night.
    CupidGuest and Cornholio like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

There were a couple of wasted steals tonight as what happened last week. I think some of the steals were based on impulse or desperation. I can't believe that Shakira was waiting to steal Josh and that Usher was waiting to steal Tess. There's another group tomorrow and there is only 1 steal left.

What happens if Usher didnt steal anyone? Does he get the last contestant not chosen by default or is he allowed to choose from others who were not chosen? I hear Adam asking "Can you do that?" to Usher on the next episode so maybe that's what happened.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-25-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    What happens if Usher didnt steal anyone? Does he get the last contestant not chosen by default or is he allowed to choose from others who were not chosen? I hear Adam asking "Can you do that?" to Usher on the next episode so maybe that's what happened.
    If they could do that, why wouldn't they all just wait to hear everyone first and then use their steals?
    Punkin likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    If they could do that, why wouldn't they all just wait to hear everyone first and then use their steals?
    Because if you wait, other mentors will steal the better singers and you will end up with scraps.
    Punkin likes this.

There were a couple of wasted steals tonight as what happened last week. I think some of the steals were based on impulse or desperation. I can't believe that Shakira was waiting to steal Josh and that Usher was waiting to steal Tess. There's another group tomorrow and there is only 1 steal left.

Correction: I meant to say that Blake (not Usher) wasn't really waiting to steal Tess Boyer (I think he really wanted Bria and was hoping for Shakira to keep Tess instead). That was just an impulsive steal. She'll be gone by the Knockout Round. Same goes with Usher's stealing of Music Box. I bet he wanted Shakira to keep Music Box over Deja but he committed when he was asked by Shakira on who was his pick by saying that she'll find out later. I think he meant that if Shakira kept the girl he didn't want, then he would steal the one he wanted (Deja) but since Shakira kept the girl he wanted then he was like forced to steal Music Box.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-25-2014 at 04:14 PM.

I was impressed somewhat, but didn't get the song Adam picked, Stuck In The Middle With You. That song was big when I was a kid and even then I knew it wasn't much. It goes nowhere and doesn't do anything for the performer. Not meaningful either. I wasn't impressed with any of those 3 that sung it. Such a waste for the duet Blake had to go home and the duet that Adam had get to stay. Sad really.

And what is it with allowing handsome males on the show? If a handsome guy does manage to get on the show, he's let go by the coaches. This show seemingly does not want any handsome guys in the competition. They get all excited over geek guys with strange facial hair, bald with caps and unusual glasses. lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-25-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Because if you wait, other mentors will steal the better singers and you will end up with scraps.
    Not if they all wait
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

What do these guys have against attractive young men? If one or two make it on the show they don't get far, because they get taken out by the coaches. What do they have against the goodlooking men? Are they jealous? Why did Blake pick that girl over Noah? She was average and nothing outstanding about her, but he kicks out the only attractive young man left in the competition. They also sent home the other handsome young man last night. It ticks me off.

If you're a guy to stay on the show you need to be nerdy, weird facial hair, and odd hats.

Glad Usher saved Siera!

I didn't like any selection all night! lol Good ending for Siera though.

Yes, my girl from Wichita made it through

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast