+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/11-11/12 The Voice 5: Live Rounds and Results

11/11-11/12 The Voice 5: Live Rounds and Results

I think it is two nights this week with performance on Monday and results on Tuesday.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 11/11-11/12 The Voice 5: Live Rounds and Results

I'm a little behind tonight, only a few singers in so far, but have to say CeeLo looks ridiculous. Not sure what he's going for here - a Zorro look? Is it a cape? I really don't know; the hat looks stupid. Adam looks pretty yummy, all clean cut and Ward Cleaver-ish (but hotter!).

Josh didn't impress me at all and was pretty much forgettable, but Caroline was good. James Wolpert is a mystery to me - I'm not sure I get him yet, so can't give him a thumbs up or down at this point....

Hahaha - Adam just asked CeeLo about the Zorro look! CeeLo responds that he can't even say the name he gave himself for his outfit (not suitable for TV?).

And, Austin Jenckes was really good.

FORT Fan

If they narrow it down to 10, I am going out on a limb and saying that the two most likely to go home are Joshua and Kat. I think all of Adam's team will pass through and all of Blake's. Christina's b*tchy comments are back, she said some snarky things about Ray (I think that's who it was) but raved about Kat? Really? I think she wants Kat around longer so her contestants look better. The whole dis the competition tactic.
    Minney likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

WOW! Matthew Schuler. That was a gorgeous rendition of that song. He was the one who dragged me away from what I was doing and sit down in awe. When this song is done well it is always a memorable performance, Matthew is the one to beat.

Carson and his gorilla like hugs make me giggle.

Missed the first performance, Caroline, I believe.

Josh. Sounded alright, still not the song I would want to hear from him. (Yeah, it's all about me ;D) I think he will get lost in the bunch for singing so early.

James. He's no Marty Casey.

Austin Very solid performance.

Jacquie I like her, but I'm not sure she needs to be so full on, every single time.

Ray I liked that and he did connect with the audience and moi. I hope he sings The Outsiders by Eric Church. Somebody tweet that to Blake please.

Kat I just don't get her. Or CeeLo's outfit.

Jonny Oh CeeLo. Stop being so self-indulgent with horrible song choices. This doesn't work for me, Jonny is better than this.

Tessanne Powerful, mastery of her craft. Beautiful job!

Cole Oh WOW! Another lovely performance. At first I thought I heard Adele, instead of Adorn by Miguel. Cole is just so versatile with a gorgeous tone and obviously doesn't need to hide behind his guitar. One of my fave performances tonight. I am also jealous of his gorgeous locks!

Will He's growing on me and I thought he did a great job.

Top 3 performances of the night

Matthew
    Cole
    Ray

In danger of going home

Josh
    Kat
    Jonny
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I actually liked Kat tonight and thought she kinda rocked it! I'm not usually a fan, but she won me over with this performance. My top three: Matthew (just beautiful and one of my favorites - I never get tired of Hallelujah ), Jacquie and Kat. Bottom: Josh, Jonny (usually I really like him) and Ray...but I don't think Ray's going anywhere. And if I'm honest, Cee Lo did Caroline no favors giving her Avicii. I usually like it when they give songs their own twist, but I thought this version felt rushed somehow and didn't mesh well with her vocals. It just felt off.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Please bring Shakira back!
    NCLurker and sunshine3331 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

If and when Tessanne leaves before her time, I will try not to hate the country cult, but feel sorry for America for being so ignorant.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If and when Tessanne leaves before her time, I will try not to hate the country cult, but feel sorry for America for being so ignorant.
    JohnnyK, I know that country has a big voice, but I don't really think you can lay the blame for every thing on country. I love Tessanne and I am voting for her (yeah, I actually voted last night. Something I haven't done for any reality show in a really, really long time) I'm just not sure that Tessanne's songs have necessarily connected as well with the broader audience. Of course, what do I know?

I still don't have a fav and voted more based on who I didn't enjoy as much because I still like too many. Therefore I cast votes for all except the ones I really didn't feel anything from at any time.

Christina showing her nastiness last night. There is something just not very nice simmering in that girl's body.

What was wrong with Christina last night? Her whole look and attitude were nasty and everything she said was a back-handed compliment and her hands looked like talons when she gestured. Some great performances last night and some really bad song choices too. Only 2 going home so probably no surprises this week. Maybe that's why some coaches are willing to take chances with iffy song choices but they certainly weren't doing their contestants any favors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast