+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 10/7-10/8 The Voice 5: One Audition Night and One Review Night

Re: 10/7-10/8 The Voice 5: One Audition Night and One Review Night

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    That video speaks absolute truth!

"I come from a middle-class upbringing, and my parents love me." *audience boos*

I say it again, that video is truth. And the American public is the cause of it being true.

"This is not a show for people who like music, it's a show for housewives who like to vote for things on their phone." That too is true.

My God this just helps support my argument so much. Even if it's a "parody". But it speaks truth.
    I think it's really more about the coaches than the talent anyway, isn't that what most people tune in to see? I watch it because it's as close as they get to the old variety / music shows I loved as a kid. I used to get more invested in who won (more on Idol in the early years than this one). Now I just watch it to be entertained (and I don'g give a fig what genre, as long as I find it entertaining. I wouldn't know a flat from a sharp, I only know what I like / don't like).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I like both Blake and Adam. I don't dislike any of the four but Blake and Adam are my favorites, as is their humorous bickering.

But still, I know I said I wasn't going to judge artists by the coaches, but I'd like to see Blake lose for once.
    Punkin and Allie like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm a huge Blake fan and I don't want to see him win again either. Too predictable and boring. Wonder if the others would quit if Blake won again? Wouldn't blame 'em.

Heh. Just realized how hypocritical that statement is, since I've complained before that it isn't the coaches win, yet hoping that Blake doesn't win again.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I like Blake and Adam, and Ceelo. And I'm actually not minding Christinia this season so far. I don't care which one of them wins, because it just depends on which of the singers I take a liking to. I do agree, however, that it would be better for the show if Blake didn't win a 4th time. I'd go so far as to say it would be better for Ceelo or Christina to win. I don't even remember who is on which team or which ones I liked, that will have to sort itself out as time goes by.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    This parody is funny and oh so true

If The Voice Were Honest
    That was funny.

This is a tv show before it is anything. If something good comes from winning, e.g. success for the artist, then that is just icing on the cake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12