+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 9/30-10/1 The Voice 5: Auditions **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/30-10/1 The Voice 5: Auditions **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that we all need to agree. If that were the case this site would have shut down long ago. However, though I do prefer a variety of styles, if country is what is getting the votes it suggest that there are people out there who actually are hearing something they like, or at least prefer to the other offerings. It does not necessarily indicate that these folks are voting blindly (though some probably are), and they are no worse than those who vote based on how easy on the eyes a contestant is.
    Qh, I don't think they are voting blindly at all. Country fans vote and maybe that is the answer right there! My comment was about watching a show and being able to express the negative things rather than changing the chanel. No show is without fault. I was being light hearted, really. I am not a country fan either and was supporting Johnny in his outrage which I think is funny. I don't take reality TV seriously; I watch to be entertained and I am.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Funny how? Am I kinda being made fun of?

I love country music and I am from Kentucky....but not offended in any way JohnnyK:-). You can rant all you want. I don't let things bother me but I don't always agree either.

But I do want to say that most of the people I know that live here prefer anything BUT country. Even my cousins that live on farms and out in "no mans land" here in KY.

I vote on who moves me. Some country singers I can't stand, some pop singers I can't stand, etc. For me, it's about how well they sing, the emotion behind it, their personality, etc. It's the whole package for me. When I hear someone sing I like to close my eyes and listen. This way I'm not distracted by visual stuff going on. That's what I like about the Voice. I like how it's just their voice to begin with.
    Misty8723, JohnnyK and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Qh, I don't think they are voting blindly at all. Country fans vote and maybe that is the answer right there! My comment was about watching a show and being able to express the negative things rather than changing the chanel. No show is without fault. I was being light hearted, really. I am not a country fan either and was supporting Johnny in his outrage which I think is funny. I don't take reality TV seriously; I watch to be entertained and I am.
    There's almost always someone I can find to like on these shows, in a variety of genres. In the case of Idol last season, there was no one I liked very much, couldn't stand the judges, and didn't want to waste two hours watching something that didn't interest me. I dont' take it seriously either, but if I'm not being entertained it quickly loses it's appeal.
    mandmmom2 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

To the Point

For me it is ALL about being entertained and I am just not willing to expend too much negative energy on who votes and how they vote. When I begin to be more bothered than entertained I choose something else for entertainment. Life is too serious to be taken so seriously.
    bearhugz and Jaceegirl like this.

I wish I didn't take any of this all that seriously either. Ranting any more would just be repeating what I already said.

I'm enjoying this season so far. I'm trying not to get invested too early this go-round. I was dejected and pissed when Midas Whale was cut too early last time.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Count your blessings!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I wish I didn't take any of this all that seriously either. Ranting any more would just be repeating what I already said.
    Well, we are all wired differently. It is easier for some. I have just found that life is much too short and too messy to get too uptight over anything that is suppose to be entertainment. That isn't saying that I don't have my preferences, just that I am usually able to not feel any personal attachment beyond enjoying the moment and wishing them well. There have been contestants on many shows that I wanted to see go and those that I wished would be around forever. I just manage to stay disconnected enough to be able to enjoy it for what it is.

Since this is a forum to express opinions, however, I will probably continue to show unhappiness when new events occur.

Regarding the country cult though, again, Facebook shows me that most of the Marty Brown fans are older women. I wonder why that is.

I thought of experimenting - liking his page for a week so I can see what it's like being a part of the country cult. It probably will take me a lot shorter than a week though before I run out of there screaming.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 10-02-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Since this is a forum to express opinions, however, I will probably continue to show unhappiness when new events occur.

Regarding the country cult though, again, Facebook shows me that most of the Marty Brown fans are older women. I wonder why that is.

I thought of experimenting - liking his page for a week so I can see what it's like being a part of the country cult. It probably will take me a lot shorter than a week though before I run out of there screaming.
    I don't understand that either. I am an older woman and I was 100 percent TERRY MCDERMOTT a while ago. Then I dug Midas Whale. I like rock and alternative. Heck I will take punk and metal, too. Blues. Something with depth. Now if I like the instrument (aka voice) I don't mind the genre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast