+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 9/30-10/1 The Voice 5: Auditions **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/30-10/1 The Voice 5: Auditions **West Coast Spoilers**

I like Christina's hair without her extentions except for the short pieces on the sides. Finally extentions are leaving the scene and that is long overdue. There are still hold outs and Snookie on DWTS is the worst offender currently.

CeeLo Green's head tattoo is only temporary - UPI.com
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-01-2013 at 09:37 AM.

The only one I remotely liked last night was 16yo, Juhi...I think they pick mediocre singers so they don't lose the better ones during the battle rounds.

And another thing that bugs me...I realize they tape the blind auditions all at once, but I wish they would change clothes, so every week we don't see them in the same ones. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Country cult needs to be stopped. Only logical people should be allowed to vote. And remember, the country cult doesn't refer to all country fans. Just the extremely ignorant kinds, which is what unfortunately rules these shows, especially AGT. I will forever hate them and nothing can stop that.
    I still think people have a right to vote for who they like, and if that happens to be a country singer, so be it. If we had a show loaded with R&B singers and/or Whitney wannabes, I would be complaining too, but if that's what people like and I don't, I can just turn the channel. Which is what I did with Idol last season.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    The only one I remotely liked last night was 16yo, Juhi...I think they pick mediocre singers so they don't lose the better ones during the battle rounds.

And another thing that bugs me...I realize they tape the blind auditions all at once, but I wish they would change clothes, so every week we don't see them in the same ones. LOL
    They have to do that in order to create each TV show in the designated time. The time with each one varies greatly. We don't see the contestants in the order they appear.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Fine.

The country cult has made me hate country music though. I just can't look at it the same way anymore, as much as I would try.

In my defense, I want to show you what put the final nail in the coffin for me.

Both of these videos are from AGT:

Kevin Skinner winner of America's got talent 2009(final Performance+results) - YouTube

Marty Brown - Heartfelt Cover of Shania Twain's "Still The One" - America's Got Talent 2013 - YouTube

Both are from Kentucky too so should I have something against the state as well?
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 10-01-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Go crazy Johnny, I am right behind you. The 'change the chanel' logic is afoot, I see. Ignore that "advice!" How boring would FORT be if we all just gushed and golly gee loved everything! You go, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Christina stuff it with the "I got to bring this home." It's not about you, it's about the contestants. Maybe that's why you can't get a contestant into the finals. Rewatch Usher and Shakira--they made it all about their contestants.
    Don't worry, if she comes in 4th (last) again, I think she might just quit as it would be devastating to her ego. I think her highest place was 3rd with that opera singer (ahead of Adam with Tony Lucca) but if the format at that time was like it is now, I don't even think she'll have any of her singers in 4th place. Xtina however picked some good ones this season.

CeeLo has picked some really quirky singers before where some really didn't deserve to be there but I think he's doing better now. All the judges have upped their standards I think. Last night they breezed through 3 singers who we know will just be cannon fodder. Unless Adam gives us another one of his stupid surprises of taking one of the unknowns in the Battle rounds over someone who all judges turned their chair around for. Good thing we have the Steal.

I wish they upgrade the format. They should have the Redemption, Rematch or Wildcard round where the remaining 5 contestants from each coach gets to sing again. This time all the coaches will rank each contestant from each team from 1 to 5. Their ranking will be averaged. Whoever gets the highest ranking for each team gets saved and remain on their team. If there is a tie, the coach of the team in question will break the tie. Good twist?

So they will have 6 contestants each team coming into the playoffs where the judges will eliminate 2 instead of 1 contestant before they go to the semi-final round where the live voting starts.

FORT Regular

Once again Cristina makes it about her! Ugh...

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Go crazy Johnny, I am right behind you. The 'change the chanel' logic is afoot, I see. Ignore that "advice!" How boring would FORT be if we all just gushed and golly gee loved everything! You go, honey.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that we all need to agree. If that were the case this site would have shut down long ago. However, though I do prefer a variety of styles, if country is what is getting the votes it suggest that there are people out there who actually are hearing something they like, or at least prefer to the other offerings. It does not necessarily indicate that these folks are voting blindly (though some probably are), and they are no worse than those who vote based on how easy on the eyes a contestant is.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

It does not necessarily indicate that these folks are voting blindly (though some probably are), and they are no worse than those who vote based on how easy on the eyes a contestant is.
    Well, I agree. They are equally as bad.

I may have hatred towards country and bitterness towards the state of Kentucky, but there's no way Olivia on today's show was in any way bad. She did a good job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast