+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 6/17-6/18 Live Finals **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/17-6/18 Live Finals **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    NBC has really shown how out of touch they are by bringing back Ceelo and Christina, when they are on such a high note with the four from this season. They need to ride this wave to next season.

They are going to blow it with going back to those others. IMO, if Usher and Shakira were available, they should have paid them whatever they had to get them back next season, AND if NBC already had a contract with Ceelo and Christina to return, then they should have let it go. PAY them the money anyway, but don't use them. It would cost money up front, but it would save the show and make a bunch of difference in keeping the positive momentum going from this season.
    I hear all of you, but the key was Shakira was not available because she lives in Spain (I believe) and wanted to spend time with her baby and husband. At least that was my understanding. Don't know about Usher's availability.

I have watched this show since the beginning and remember before Shakira and Usher came that the coaches with Ceelo and Christina were really good except for last season when Christina was not the same as her first. They all got along great and were really close which was great to see. Not sure what happened, but hopefully Christina will realize how popular Shakira became and go back to how she was in her first season. Either way, I love this show and will continue watching to show my support. I don't want everyone to not watch and then have it be cancelled because the ratings become so bad. If that happens there will be no Season 6 to wait for. At least that it how I see it. I have read some other sites where people actually missed Christina because she didn't always sugar coat everything and some people thought Shakira and the other coaches this season did that. I guess there are many different opinions on the matter, but I just know speaking for myself I will still support it. Don't get me wrong I loved having Shakira and Usher on this season, and am so thankful I got to know them better.

Also, both Christina and Ceelo did mentor and work with their team in the same way that Usher and Shakira did this season. All the coaches did. It was one of the things I enjoyed so much about this show from the beginning. I had never seen that done on any other show of this kind. It was not started by Usher and Shakira, but the way the show operated from it's first season.

Harmony2000 said:

Oh and Adam played a dumb game, he should have let Amber stay in the country wheel house instead of trying to force her into something he liked. She would have made it further, if he'd allowed her to stay country.
    I so agree and said that very thing a few different times when I saw him decide to take Amber away from country. I never understood that move even though he said he wanted to show she could sing anything. I think a move like that should be done with a more established artist. Taylor Swift as an example was country all the way and now more recently you will see her on other types of shows that cater more to Pop. This was not done until she was completely established and made a fortune in the country world alone. Even though she is able to cross over to Pop shows - country music is still her home.

Jaceegirl - I'm going to watch next season, I never intended it to come off as if I wasn't going to watch. I'm just not going to enjoy it as much. I do not like Christina and that dislike started well before she was ever on this show. Her behavior on here just cemented my dislike. That's why I have a FF button. *zip* right past her lol.

I remember reading a quote by some singer that you can't start experimenting till after you're established. Adam seems to have forgotten that.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Harmony good to hear you will still be watching and never meant to say that you had said you were not going to watch. Just meant what I said as a general appeal to those who might. lol Just hope everyone won't give up on a good show because of Christina. I wish Shakaria had been available, and I know many don't care for Christina, for lots of reasons, but I really love the concept of this show and have from the beginning. I just don't want to see it cancelled as so many shows are these days. I agree having a FF button for zipping past her or anyone that someone doesn't like works great. lol

I must have heard that same comment that you did about not experimenting until you are an established artist. I agree Adam must have forgotten. I know he used Hillary Scott from Lady Antebellum as a mentor and since she is country I often wondered how she felt about his decision (if she was aware of it ahead of time) or even Amber herself.

So I finally watched the finale, it's available on their app for free if anybody missed it.

Cher & Seger - you know, there comes a point in your life when you just are too old to be doing this anymore. It's time to just let it go. At least Seger maintained his dignity but hearing him beside the bigger Swon boy (yeah, I never learned their names)? You could hear the age.

Cher was the definition of a hot embarrassing mess.

The only group sing that I enjoyed was the one with the Swon boys, the rest were another hot mess.

I think it stinks that they gave the duo one car, they should have gotten two. Boooooo on Kia.

I hope that The Voice gets smart and actually starts to market their singers. They have a top 5 that can make it in the business with the right help. It will help them get even better singers.

After this season? If I was a country singer? I would choose Blake. If I was not a country singer? I would not choose Blake. This season revealed some very interesting things about our mentors, Blake and Adam.

Another reason they need to make sure these finalist have some sort of success is because after 4 seasons if they don't start getting some hits out there? Their credibility will be called into question by the viewers. However, if I were a struggling musician? I still would take the chance for no other reason than the national exposure.
    Arielflies, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

I wont watch next season. I am not overly fond of Blake or Adam( prefer Adam) I think Ceelo is creepy and Xtina bores me. I didn't watch that much this time, I loved Michelle, and I admired Danielle. I think this is by far the best singing contest- lets hope they start to look after the winners like AI does
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't mind it if the coaches don't sugarcoat things when they give their critques. That's fine with me. I suspect that they don't always give their true opinion, for fear that the voters will penalize their team members if they do. I get that too. I just think that the key with Shakira, was that she put her heart into it and it showed. I wonder if Christina has it in her that way. She may be too big for that. Plus, Shakira showed common courtesy to her team, the other coaches and the other contestants. I appreciated that. She also wasn't vulgar. That was a big plus too.

I had some issues with Usher in the beginning, but he redeemed himself in my eyes. I prefer him over Ceelo hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't mind it if the coaches don't sugarcoat things when they give their critques. That's fine with me. I suspect that they don't always give their true opinion, for fear that the voters will penalize their team members if they do. I get that too. I just think that the key with Shakira, was that she put her heart into it and it showed. I wonder if Christina has it in her that way. She may be too big for that. Plus, Shakira showed common courtesy to her team, the other coaches and the other contestants. I appreciated that. She also wasn't vulgar. That was a big plus too.

I had some issues with Usher in the beginning, but he redeemed himself in my eyes. I prefer him over Ceelo hands down.
    Yeah, during the blind auditions I never liked the way Christina would act. She was rude and not even in a funny way. I think that Shakira was probably too nice but I would rather have somebody sugary sweet than somebody who was mean and spiteful.

I really didn't know much about Shakira before this season but I love her. She is so heartfelt and supportive. I will miss her
    Misty8723 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wont watch next season. I am not overly fond of Blake or Adam( prefer Adam) I think Ceelo is creepy and Xtina bores me. I didn't watch that much this time, I loved Michelle, and I admired Danielle. I think this is by far the best singing contest- lets hope they start to look after the winners like AI does
    I'm not crazy about the fact that they're bringing back XTina and Ceelo, but I watch this (and all these type of shows) for the talent, NOT the judges, so I'm sure I'll be tuning in.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm not crazy about the fact that they're bringing back XTina and Ceelo, but I watch this (and all these type of shows) for the talent, NOT the judges, so I'm sure I'll be tuning in.
    I think the judges are a big part of various shows, this one in particular. So I am out. Not a faithful watcher anyway. I will watch again when Usher is back
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread