+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 6/10-6/11 Semi Finals (Live Top 5) **Spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 6/10-6/11 Semi Finals (Live Top 5) **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    it just aggravates me no end when people don't give Dolly Parton credit when talking about / singing I Will Always Love You. I've never heard any version of that song I liked better than Dolly's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl
    Thank you for saying that and I completely agree with you. It aggravates me to know end as well. Dolly Parton's version is absolutely beautiful and was the one I was always familiar with until the movie "Bodyguard" came out and all at once it became Whitney's song. I also have the version that Dolly did with Vince Gill.
    Me three!!!! I always scream at the TV "Dolly's song, it is Dolly's song!" Thank goodness I'm not alone in that. That goes the same for Power of Love by Celine, that was a Jennifer Rush song way back in the 80's!

Whew, that felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe
    Amber's "Sad" song was excellent but the "Firework" song was a bad choice. She should have chosen a country song (all 4 country songs are ahead of the pack!) and Adam should have discouraged her to sing that song.
    I agree, Amber should have done country to lock in those votes. Tho she did hit the top 10 once with a non-country song. I think that Adam isn't "fighting" as hard for Amber as he was with Sarah and Judith. Plus, letting her sing one of his songs is a play stolen out of Blake's strategy book. JMO. I think that 2/3 of his team being eliminated in one night threw him off his game, he hasn't been the same since.

Many people are doubting that Michelle is a lock for the finale, but I am not. I think she has a very strong fan base but I guess we will see in a few hours. At least the results will be exciting/suspenseful for once!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Oh yes. I saw Garth when Martina opened for him. She turned out to be one of the greatest country singers of all time, IMO.

I think it was Adam's idea that Amber do Firework. Just plain silly, IMO. His idea of doing Sad was pretty good, but it may not be enough. Amber needed to do a country song that she hit out of the ballpark, like Independence Day. Oh well. I don't see Adam supporting her when she show is over. I'm not sure where he's been that country music is so foreign to him. It's been very popular for at least 12 years. lol

Looks like many of us think the same and agree about Adam's choices. lol

Debb we have a lot in common - both seeing Martina at Garth Brook's concert when she was an unknown and I agree she turned out to be one of the greatest country singers of all time. imo as well. lol

Junkie Girl I agree this will be a very exciting final and the opposite of last year. Can't wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Me three!!!! I always scream at the TV "Dolly's song, it is Dolly's song!" Thank goodness I'm not alone in that. That goes the same for Power of Love by Celine, that was a Jennifer Rush song way back in the 80's!!
    Me too, I was all puffed up last night when they kept saying Whitney, Whitney, Whitney. I was screaming, no! Dolly!

Many people are doubting that Michelle is a lock for the finale, but I am not. I think she has a very strong fan base but I guess we will see in a few hours. At least the results will be exciting/suspenseful for once!
    I actually think she could potentially win it all...and I certainly can't imagine her not making the finale.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Me three!!!! I always scream at the TV "Dolly's song, it is Dolly's song!" Thank goodness I'm not alone in that. That goes the same for Power of Love by Celine, that was a Jennifer Rush song way back in the 80's!

Whew, that felt better.

I agree, Amber should have done country to lock in those votes. Tho she did hit the top 10 once with a non-country song. I think that Adam isn't "fighting" as hard for Amber as he was with Sarah and Judith. Plus, letting her sing one of his songs is a play stolen out of Blake's strategy book. JMO. I think that 2/3 of his team being eliminated in one night threw him off his game, he hasn't been the same since.

Isn't "Power of Love" an original Huey Lewis and The News hit from the 70's, or is that a different song?

I'm upset that my computer froze just before Michelle's last song. I will not sit through either 2 hours on demand or 2 hours on the computer just to hear it. I hope she pulls through tonight. I voted last night and, by phone, I kept re-dialing for ten minutes, which is longer that ten votes apiece per method. The call in didn't stop like it does on DWTS where Tom says you've reached your limit. I hope they count.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Ugh. I don't know why but I really don't like that as a song choice for this show.
    Actually, I do know why.

Because it's so overdone and it's one of the first songs that would come to mind when you think karaoke.

I hope someone is giving us a play by play I am unable to "watch" tonight.....hopefully DVR works and my kids haven't traded my spot for something like "stick your hand in a hole fishing"

Nicholas David looked and sounded great!

Then they showed the judges and the contestants talking about each other in clips.

Now they are going to announce the name of who is staying...

UPDATE: Michelle Chamuel!

PS I Didn't realize no one was updating except me so I will do my best.
    cubsfan55 and Jaceegirl like this.

Michelle is safe. So that ends my dream of Amber, Swon Brothers, and Danielle in the final. Oh well, I do like Michelle.
    Debb70 likes this.

Tony Lucca is singing "Never Going to Let You Go". The single is available starting today. He is signed to 222 Records and will be on tour in the summer. Adam Levine was his coach and now his friend. Adam recommends people go see Tony Lucca on tour. I liked the song Tony sang tonight.
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 06-11-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    yourefired likes this.

+ Reply to Thread