+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 6/10-6/11 Semi Finals (Live Top 5) **Spoilers**

Re: 6/10-6/11 Semi Finals (Live Top 5) **Spoilers**

Misty8723 said
    and it just aggravates me no end when people don't give Dolly Parton credit when talking about / singing I Will Always Love You. I've never heard any version of that song I liked better than Dolly's.
    Thank you for saying that and I completely agree with you. It aggravates me to know end as well. Dolly Parton's version is absolutely beautiful and was the one I was always familiar with until the movie "Bodyguard" came out and all at once it became Whitney's song. I also have the version that Dolly did with Vince Gill.
    Punkin, JunkieGirl, march and 1 others like this.

Hey, what I remember is Anne Murray's version of Danny's Song. lol I have always loved that song.
    march likes this.

Most of KY was livid last night!!! I couldn't tell you how many people didn't get to watch The Voice b/c it didn't get recorded. I thought it was weird how all of us(everyone I knew) has this set to automatically record yet it didn't. I ended up being home so I got to watch but most people I know didn't. Not sure how that will affect voting.

I racked my brain to figure out why almost everyone's recording didn't happen...then it dawned on me that Time Warner bought out Insight and took effect yesterday...so maybe that had something to do with all the mess up last night.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Ugh. I don't know why but I really don't like that as a song choice for this show.
    I don't like it for any show. I agreed with Simon when he was AI, its been done to death, and usually it's badly done
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It looks like Danielle and the Swon Brothers who I thought would be gone this week are shoo-ins. The only sure thing to be eliminated will be Sasha with her bad song choices. These are the rankings on iTunes 100.

Rank Artist- Song
    2 The Swon Brothers- Danny’s Song
    4 Danielle Bradbery- Who I Am
    6 Danielle Bradbery- Please Remember Me
    8 The Swon Brothers- Turn The Page
    9 Amber Carrington- Sad
    12 Michelle Chamuel- Time After Time
    23 Michelle Chamuel- Clarity
    49 Sasha Allen- I Will Always Love You
    73 Sasha Allen- Bad Girls
    94 Amber Carrington - Firework

This elimination rule of The Voice is so confusing. Why not eliminate 2 last week and 1 this week since it's the last week before finale? I thought they will only eliminate 1 contestant starting last week but surprised that 2 will be eliminated. That being said the 2nd person going home is up in the air. Michelle was coming in strong until last night. Both songs were not her best. OTOH, Amber's "Sad" song was excellent but the "Firework" song was a bad choice. She should have chosen a country song (all 4 country songs are ahead of the pack!) and Adam should have discouraged her to sing that song. I thought Sad would rank higher in the iTunes charts. If not 2 then 3. I gave all my 10 votes to Amber and another 10 votes via text.

If Swon Bros, Danielle and Amber make the finale then we will have a Country finale.

‘The Voice’ Top 5 Performance Recap: TVLine
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 06-11-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Most of KY was livid last night!!! I couldn't tell you how many people didn't get to watch The Voice b/c it didn't get recorded. I thought it was weird how all of us(everyone I knew) has this set to automatically record yet it didn't. I ended up being home so I got to watch but most people I know didn't. Not sure how that will affect voting.

I racked my brain to figure out why almost everyone's recording didn't happen...then it dawned on me that Time Warner bought out Insight and took effect yesterday...so maybe that had something to do with all the mess up last night.
    OMG!!!!!! THE same thing happened to me in NC, except I was watching! I noticed it wasn't recording about 20 minutes in. I know I had it set to record as always. Once I saw it was not recording, I pressed record and it worked okay. I wonder how that happened! So bizarre.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.

I just read that Amber was sick and her throat was giving her a horrible time. She says she couldn't sing because of it.

'The Voice's' Amber Carrington: I couldn't sing 'worth a flip' this week - TODAY.com

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just read that Amber was sick and her throat was giving her a horrible time. She says she couldn't sing because of it.

'The Voice's' Amber Carrington: I couldn't sing 'worth
    a flip' this week - TODAY.com
    Well she should have thought about it better and sang a country song instead. She has to know what kind of artist she is and what people would actually buy from her, otherwise, she would be all over the place lacking a loyal fan base.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have read that Amber did make it into the top 10 on itunes to #9. Michelle and Sasha did not. It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight.
    There is a little known loophole with the Top 10 thing. You have to end the voting period in the Top Ten. So if an artist hits the Top Ten and then falls out, then you just get credit for the votes, not the bonus they tout on TV.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Well she should have thought about it better and sang a country song instead. She has to know what kind of artist she is and what people would actually buy from her, otherwise, she would be all over the place lacking a loyal fan base.
    I agree with what you are saying and imo as much as I love Adam Levine I felt he should have stuck with country for Amber. I thought she came in knowing she was a country artist, but Adam wanted to show that she could sing anything. That may be okay for a more established artist, but hard when you are on a show like this trying to get that loyal fan base you mentioned behind you as an artist.

Using Cassadee Pope as an example she came in wanting to sing Pop, yet when Blake had her do country that is when the fans seemed to respond the most to her. She ended up deciding to go country. Since she just released one single so far and her album is due in the fall I guess we will have to see how she ends up doing. She will be touring with Rascal Flatts and everyone has to start somewhere.

I remember years ago seeing Garth Brooks in concert and his opening act was Martina McBride. If anyone is familiar with country music they know how well Martina McBride ended up doing. When she was touring with Garth she was an unknown. I don't know how well Cassadee Pope will end up doing, but opening for Rascal Flatts is a great opportunity. The rest is up to her and how the fans take to her.

+ Reply to Thread