+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 6/3-6/4- Live Top 6 **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/3-6/4- Live Top 6 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I love, love, love the song Wagon Wheel, and they're actually doing a great job with it. (Except for the "Johnson City! TENNESSEE!!!" part. You're supposed to really holler that line!)
    However, that they said they were performing Wagon Wheel **by Darius Rucker** is inexcusable. That song is all Old Crow Medicine Show. Yes, Darius has a cover of it out right now, and OCMS has given it their props,
    but it is THEIR song -- not Hootie's.
    Not to mention Bob Dylan who was the original author of the song (although OCMS finished writing it and recorded it). The Bros actually were covering Darius Rucker's version - and may never have heard any other version. I don't have a problem with it. I do love that song, and thought they did a good job with it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I like Wagon Wheel because of all the references to Raleigh, NC, my hometown! I should research the history of the song.
    I thought the Swon Brothers did a great job with it. I've never heard anyone, but Darius Rucker do it either.

There is really no one that I dislike left. I actually think all of them deserve to win. It's going to be tough. I think Michelle has an excellent chance, because after Sasha is gone, all people who don't like country only have her as an option. She should get all the non-country votes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I actually enjoyed Sasha's rendition of Carrie's song.

I really disliked Okie from Muskokie! I've heard that song many times through the years and did not like that rendition at all.

I usually like Michelle, but I did not care for her TS song tonight. Way too over the top and screamy, IMO.

I did like Amber's redoing of Patsy Cline.

Overall, tonight's show needed Judith!!
    It was reminding me a little too much of Hee Haw and that''s not good!
    Hee Haw we call it country voice, it may as well be.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I love Michelle so much! That she took a cross-over country Taylor Swift song and head banged her way through it was absolutely stunning.

Everyone was so good that saying good-bye to even one will be hard. I hate to see this season end from this point on. They should all sing their way to the Finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well we pretty much know who's going home tonight. Holly's 2nd song is last in the iTunes top 200 (#132) and her 1st song didn't even chart.

[EDIT to take out a link to a Reality Site]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-04-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Well we pretty much know who's going home tonight. Holly's 2nd song is last in the iTunes top 200 (#132) and her 1st song didn't even chart.
    I'm really shocked. I thought Holly did great. I'll stick with Sasha going home tonight, but what do I know?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-04-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've known for sometime now what to expect when Danielle opens her mouth to sing. And yet, every time, I'm blown away by this young lady's power and control.
    NCLurker, JLuvs and www like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm really shocked. I thought Holly did great. I'll stick with Sasha going home tonight, but what do I know?
    Really? Holly was expected to go home last week (probably along with Swon bros or Sasha) based on iTunes but she managed to beat Sarah and Judith for some reason because one would think that the country votes are being split. I never cared for some of her performances. I find her boring and she's nothing new. I skipped her perfomance after 2 verses. Plus she went first on a 2hr show. Naturally her 1st song would have been forgotten by the end of the show, hence it never charted in the iTunes 200. I also think she didn't do any better than the other contestants (except for that Okie from whatever song by Swon Bros...yuck!). Simple as that, no shocker this time.

FORT Fan

If I were guessing who goes home tonight, I would guess Holly. However, I think Sasha should go home. Both performances were ok, not stellar. The Carrie Underwood song was terrible choice for her but it's selling well on iTunes because people love the song. If the coaches voted, I think it would be Sasha. If the fans voting online mirrors iTunes then it will be Holly. I will be shocked if one of those two doesn't go home.

BTW Danielle is killing it on iTunes. She still has 5 songs in the Top 200. When I last checked, she was No. 11.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    If I were guessing who goes home tonight, I would guess Holly. However, I think Sasha should go home. Both performances were ok, not stellar. The Carrie Underwood song was terrible choice for her but it's selling well on iTunes because people love the song. If the coaches voted, I think it would be Sasha. If the fans voting online mirrors iTunes then it will be Holly. I will be shocked if one of those two doesn't go home.

BTW Danielle is killing it on iTunes. She still has 5 songs in the Top 200. When I last checked, she was No. 11.
    I love the Carrie Underwood song too, but I sure wouldn't buy Sasha's version. That was actually painful for me to watch / listen too. Which is a shame, because I've heard Sasha so much better than either of her songs last night.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread