+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Wow~ I didn't watch much of the show so I didn't know Adam said that.
    Geesh. As much as I like him, he is one cocky, arrogant (goood-lookin'!) dude that says things that are just not thought out.

And while Team Blake has a strong team still intact, Michelle is on Usher's team. She is a real fan favorite!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Wow, I had to rewatch that a couple of times because I couldn't believe Adam really said that. I don't know what to say to that.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Wow I'm pretty disappointed that Judith is already gone. Sarah, meh. her I don't care about.

Well, at least Midas Whale ghost finally struck, but it took out the wrong person.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I truly did not believe that the producers would "let" Blake win 3 seasons in a row, it seems kinda obvious now though that they just might. I do think that if people continue to watch which most have said they won't, that a lot of votes will switch to Michelle, Sasha and Amber. I think this was the best thing to happen to Michelle, just upped her chances of winning the whole thing. I would bet that a lot of groups will band together to vote AGAINST Blake. For some reason it seems like things could get a little ugly in the coming weeks but I just hope that doesn't happen though.
    Personally, I am not a country music fan but have several friends who are. They are a very loyal fan base. They very likely could pull Blake's team pretty far in the competition, they have so far. Country fans will spend money, I have no doubt they are buying all three country singers' songs on iTunes.

I think Blake has chosen the best songs for his artists so far. Adam made some mistakes this week and I think it was the difference.
    fan*addict and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Regular

Although not surprised that Sarah was eliminated & Amber was saved (because producers scheduled her to close the show) instead of the more talented Judith, IMHO the disproportion of the teams will negatively affect ratings next week since the results seem predictable - Danielle, undisputed strongest contestant on Team Blake, will be the last one standing, while Holly & the Swon Brothers will be the two eliminated from the show, leaving each coach with one contestant in the finals. If so:

Danielle (Team Blake) - pure, clear voice; believable/honest/effortless performances; committed to her genre; likeable, but sometimes appears bored
    Michelle (Team Usher) - her herky-jerky dance movements distract from her beautiful voice/emotional connection/lyrics; I surprisingly liked her voice better than Judith's when they were paired for the duo
    Amber (Team Adam) - powerful voice & beautiful performances, but sometimes comes across as overconfident; her & Holly's duo was great!
    Sasha (Team Shakira) - too theatrical; seems to have bonded with her coach, but not fellow contestants/audience; she screams, instead of sings, certain notes (& appeared to have missed several last night) - perhaps votes were actually cast for Sasha to save Shakira (who will be missed next season)!

May the best, most marketable, artist win!

I was disappointed when Adam said what he did about hating this country. Shame on you Adam. Sometimes he can be a bit cocky and says things I don't agree with, and other times he says really nice things. This was definitely one of those times he should not have said what he did. I am very surprised, but happy with the people who stayed. For me personally they are the ones I would buy music from. I have always loved country music so that would be a given. I also love Michelle and her voice. I would buy music from her as well.

I have watched this show since the beginning and will continue watching with Xtina, CeeLo and Usher if he is brought back as well. I love Shakira and wish she could stay on as coach, but I understand she wants to be with her family. She was so cute tonight when Sasha made it through and I am happy for her.

As I said the other night I know not all like this show, but I have liked it since the beginning and plan on continuing to watch. Just the whole format and the interaction with the judges along with them performing with their artists and coaching them along with other well known artists appeals to me. I feel there is a sense of family with the coaches and their team. They are not just judges sitting at a table critiquing them after the performance and work with them before hand to better their performances. The only part I don't care about is the Christina Milian part and Carson asking those questions., but love the confessionals and I like that it is all about singing. Unlike other shows this one concentrates on singing the most. jmho

I have no idea how this will turn out, but for me I love Danielle and even if she doesn't win this show, I know she will be successful in the country world. Adam said something about it last night and that was something he said that I agree with. IMO I think it will come down to Danielle, Michelle and Amber for the F3. I think people will settle in on one country artist and even if I like Holly (loved her performance last night of the Band Perry song), and the Swon Brothers always make me feel good just like Shakira said the other night I don't think either will win.

If it does turn out to be Michelle, Danielle and Amber for F3 I will still need to see their performances before I can predict who will win this show. I do predict that Danielle will be a standout in the country world. At age 16 and only doing these few live performances she continues to amaze. Same with Michelle - she is another who amazes me, has a great voice, and is quirky and different, and you can't help, but like her. She actually lives very close to where I do. My husband graduated from college from her home town. I guess I am a bit different - someone who lives in the north east, but loves country music. I am a country girl at heart. Amber has a beautiful voice, but for me doesn't have the personality that both Danielle and Michelle do. jmho
    JunkieGirl and cubsfan55 like this.

I thought Adam said - What's wrong with this country?!!
    Sorry, but I do kind of wonder how people could have voted off Judith Hill.
    I'm not watching next week.
    SpringMaiden27 and JohnnyK like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Because country, like always, took over.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I thought Adam said - What's wrong with this country?!!
    Sorry, but I do kind of wonder how people could have voted off Judith Hill.
    I'm not watching next week.
    At the beginning of the season I thought a win was a foregone conclusion. Unfortunately, once the show went live I think her song choices were questionable. I certainly didn't expect her to go this week, but I can't say I'm surprised.

ETA: After Amber was saved Adam said, "I hate this country!".
    Last edited by Uncle David; 05-29-2013 at 02:17 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Shoot. Well, considering that Sarah and Judith were my top two and that I am NOT a country music fan (understatement), I think I'm done for the season. Kind of a bummer, but I don't really feel like there's anyone else left that I want to root for. I want to like Michelle more than I actually do. Oh well. Looking forward to CeeLo next season, although not to X-tina.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread