Cross your legs, dot your I’s
    And never let ‘em see you cry

Go and fix your make up, well it’s just a break up
    Run and hide your crazy and start actin’ like a lady
    ‘Cause I raised you better, gotta keep it together
    Even when you fall apart
    But this ain’t my mama’s broken heart

Re: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

There is another one called Gunpowder and Lead that has lyrics in it - And he ain’t seen me crazy yet. Not sure if that is it, but here is a link.

Miranda Lambert - Gunpowder & Lead (Live) - YouTube

Not sure if this is the one you are talking about.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes, those are both the songs I was thinking of. Ok, let me give both of you a hug.

I love the first song because that is exactly how my mother thinks. The only thing is, I would say that our mamas and grandmas came from a tougher generation since they often didn't have much choice but to put up with men's bad behavior.

As for the second, well, let's just say I can relate to the sentiment.

Forgot to add earlier: I still love The Voice and will be back next season.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

That Adele comment by Adam on Amber was a diss on Katrina Parker who happened to be on Team Adam and that Adam dumped in favor of Tony Lucca.

So, a couple of seasons ago Adam picked a girl named Katrina. Then he dumped her for Tony Lucca. Refresh my memory here. What Adele song did Katrina sing? And what does that have to do with Amber? The radio station didn't mention any comment about Adele made by Adam, so I'm clueless.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    So, a couple of seasons ago Adam picked a girl named Katrina. Then he dumped her for Tony Lucca. Refresh my memory here. What Adele song did Katrina sing? And what does that have to do with Amber? The radio station didn't mention any comment about Adele made by Adam, so I'm clueless.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes, those are both the songs I was thinking of.
    First of all Babbred I am glad I was able to find the Miranda Lambert songs for you and you are very welcome. I like both of them as well and have my reasons why the lyrics connect. I think certain songs just do that to a person depending on what happens in a person's life.

I am not sure what Adele song if any Katrina sang during her season (have to look it up to see if she did sing one). My memory is not as good as some regarding who sang what in what season. I do remember she was often compared to Adele and Adam even had her made over to look a lot like Adele. Regarding Amber Adam said that she was the only one that has been able to EVER perform an Adele song and do it justice - I am paraphrasing as I don't remember his exact words. He did dump Katrina for Tony Lucca - I do remember that.

Good News for Cassadee Pope and maybe The Voice is starting to promote their winners better than they have in the past.

I just read that The CMT Music Award folks announced today that Season 3 Voice winner Cassadee Pope and Season 12 American Idol runner-up Kree Harrison have been added to the list of performers for next week’s telecast. At least Cassadee is getting the same treatment as Kree from AI which is a good thing.

This is good. I wonder if it's Blake promoting Cassadee or The Voice. Regardless, I'm glad. I didn't care for the girl on the show, but she is the winner and should get proper promotion. I think I have read the winner gets a $100,000.00 recording contract. I don't know exactly how that works.

Somebody had posted above about past contestants on The Voice. I know that sometime in the second season, Blake had mentioned that Dia was opening for him on his latest tour. That's a shame if she's faded away now because I really liked her. I even still have some songs of hers that I downloaded during that first season.

And back in December, Chris Mann made a guest appearance on this show. I remember Carson saying that Mann had a couple of CD's that did really well. He also got to perform at the White House Christmas Concert before the President. It sounds like he's done pretty well for himself. Looks like the Idol Curse might have struck, i.e. where non-winners do better than the winners.

In case anyone missed it I thought I would post this. Blake Shelton hosted Healing in the Heartland, a concert to benefit those affected by the devastating tornadoes in Oklahoma earlier this month. I thought it was so nice that Usher wanted to be part of it as well, and that they brought their team members with them. Not sure how to post a picture, but there is one with all of Blake's team and Michelle from Team Usher talking to Rascal Flatts.

The video is of Usher and Blake performing "Home". Seems like Usher and Blake are becoming good friends and after watching the concert I was again reminded how much music heals. There were some very touching performances during the one hour concert and how sad that Oklahoma was hit again last night.

Usher and Blake Shelton - Home (HealOK) - YouTube

Also, for fans of Judith Hill I saw her on the Today Show with Hoda and Kathy Lee. She said said that getting eliminated from the show was like a scene from the Hunger Games. She will be out promoting a movie "23 for Stardom, that's a documentary film about "unsung heroes and back up artists." She plans to get right into her record, for which she's already begun writing the music for. As for a record deal - she said "I'm in the talks."

Originally posted by JunkieGirl
    To go see any big country stars, I'd have to drive a minimum of 8 hours along a long, lonely highway with my guitar in the back seat........haha
    Oh, my Lord, Sweetie! This 'City Girl' doesn't even know how to get my head around that! :>0 LOL

I am basically R&B, but like a lot of other music too (with the exceptions of Rap and Heavy Metal.) I haven't had much exposure to Country Music but love K.T. Oslin and the Dixie Chicks. I only knew Blake because I saw him on a David Foster Special singing Home with Michael Buble, the writer and original singer of the song. I loved Blake and was happy to see him on "The Voice". I've liked a lot of the Country Music sung this Season by the girls and the Swon Brothers. Could it be that the Country songs they've done are often sort of cross-over songs? While watching the OK Disaster Special Blake put on I noticed there was a lot of Country music I didn't like at all. Too twangy. Plus, aside from Blake and his wife and Reba, I really had no idea who these other Country artists were.

I really, really love Shakira, but despise Usher. He is so "posey" and I hate when he puts his leg up on the chair and puts that, "Ain't I just too cool?" attitude on. Blech! I'm not sure what his 'genre' is, but they don't play his music on my R&B station here. Re his duet with Blake on Home, it was awful compared to Blake and Buble's duet. And then, there's The Bieber! No forgiving Usher for that one!!!

I had no idea who Cee Lo was until "The Voice", but grew to really like him and will be happy to see him back next Season. I'm probably the only one here who likes Christina, but even so, would prefer Shakira over her as a coach.

+ Reply to Thread