+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

I realize they get caught up, but they should know by now, they have an audience and that doesn't sit well with them. I thought it was a really dumb/nasty thing to say , no matter how passionate he is
    mandmmom2 and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

It was stupid to say but we all say stupid things. Luckily I don't have an audience of 10 million. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    ETA: After Amber was saved Adam said, "I hate this country!".
    Yup. Poor Amber. She is the only who should be upset by what Adam said, not viewers or the media. Obviously he loves/supports his team and cannot love each one equally as he too has his favorites. Clearly, Amber was not his #1 girl and he had more faith in Judith and Sarah. I don't understand why Adam is so shocked that Judith went home. She has only cracked the Itunes Top 50 once. He had to know that her songs were not going over well with the music buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK
    Well, at least Midas Whale ghost finally struck, but it took out the wrong person.
    Didn't I warn you about that? Be very careful about what you wish for.....

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived
    Personally, I am not a country music fan but have several friends who are. They are a very loyal fan base. They very likely could pull Blake's team pretty far in the competition, they have so far. Country fans will spend money, I have no doubt they are buying all three country singers' songs on iTunes.
    Oh I know that country fans are loyal and I am a fan. I do buy CD's but do not get a chance to go to concerts due to where I live. We do have a small concert hall here and one ticket costs about $85.00. Oh, and the country acts that do come here haven't had an album for about 35+ years. So while I wouldn't have minded spending 20-25 bucks to see George Jones or Charley Pride, 85 bucks was too pricy. To go see any big country stars, I'd have to drive a minimum of 8 hours along a long, lonely highway with my guitar in the back seat........haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare
    Ratings for "The Voice" dropped for the second straight week Monday with the first live show ,but it still scored the night's best 18-49 rating by a wide margin. While it beat AI and DWTS, I wonder if nice weather, and too much country turns viewers off?
    I love Ambers voice. But I have to go with Usher and Michelle.
    I'm gonna go with the latter. Even as a country fan, it is a bit too much because I know that everyone does not like country music. People turned to the Voice because of the diversity and for music that was released in this millenia. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70
    I don't understand why the country vibe would cause people to stop watching, since the country contestants are getting the most votes.
    I read a lot of profiles. On social media, news sites, dating sites. One thing I almost always see about music preferences: "I like all music except rap and country" I find it hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70
    If The Voice can't properly support their winners and give them a proper send off and platform, then they are being fakes, IMO. They act like winning The Voice is all that, but it just isn't....not yet anyway.
    I agree, The Voice doesn't do much in the way of support or marketing their winners. Javier got no marketing other than 2 appearances on Jay Leno and another NBC special Christmas in Rockefeller Center. Jermaine got to be on Jay Leno once. Which is kinda crazy considering that the Idol rejects also appear on Leno.

Javier did get some opening dates with Maroon 5 as did Tony Lucca. Jermaine didn't even appear on the season 3 finale. Poor, poor marketing. Then again this is NBC we're talking about and the executives are buffoons.

Terry McDermott recently had his single, Pictures hit #1 on the rock chart and his new single In Your Eyes was just released May 24th. He signed with Fat Hippy Records.

Cassadee is doing a country radio tour right now all over the country promoting her new album. She is one of the lucky ones in that she is recording music that is written by some good songwriters, as was Carrie Underwood. But because Cassadee is not country she has a difficult road ahead. Will true country fans accept her or not? Will her Hey Monday fans (pop/punk) accept her as a pop/country singer? It's too early to determine what kind of success she will have, but IMO I'd say she will not release a 2nd country album.
    Last edited by JunkieGirl; 05-29-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: fixed tags
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Hey Junkie Girl, thanks for the updates on previous The Voice contestants, especially on Terry McDermontt. His recent single release was not listed in my post upthread. Good for him. I really liked that guy and wish him continued success.

I wish someone would call out the lack of promotion to the judges on air. Perhaps putting NBC on the spot would shake them into action. How difficult would it be to have the winner this season on The Today Show or GMA, Kimmel, Katie, The View, etc.

I have an idea. NBC should do a documentary on the life of the winner as they try to continue their career. It would show their homelife, working on the music, recording the record, touring, meeting other artists, etc. They could also include footage of what the runner up is doing as well as the other finalists. Do it quickly and air it primetime just before the record is released.

It would be nice if the record label that the winner is signed with recruits some seasoned professionals to play on the winner's new album. If it's country, bring me some people to play like Vince Gill. They could have a couple of duets with Martina McBride or Kenny Chesney. That would get them air play. AND do a music video of the top singles to be released. Just some ideas. I'm no promoter. lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-30-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    football_chick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I realize they get caught up, but they should know by now, they have an audience and that doesn't sit well with them. I thought it was a really dumb/nasty thing to say , no matter how passionate he is
    I agree! We all say things we wish we could put back in, but that was one where he should have realized mid-sentence not to continue with the rest of the sentence. Too bad he didn't realize that and just kind of trail off at "I hate this...". One word made a big difference!

As for the elimination, I thought Judith was a great singer, but something about her irked me a little bit. IMO, she never seemed very friendly to/with the other contestants. Example - when she was previously saved, she just walked away to celebrate, when everyone else would hug or be hugged by the others. I know they are not there to make friends, but just thought that was odd. Maybe that, and the fact that people probably thought she was a shoe-in, hurt her.

I don't have any clear favorite, but I'll keep watching simply because I like the show!

Hello, everyone. I'm sorry for barging in again. But I keep running into this show.

This morning on the radio they were talking about Adam's big mouth. What made this so fascinating, though, was that this was a country radio station, but they acted like it was no big deal. I kept wondering why they weren't outraged, but then it finally dawned on me: Amber. Let me explain.

Every Tuesday, the morning hosts just slobber over Amber. She's so perfect. She's clearly the best singer on the show. This week they talked about how she had finally broken the Adele curse and obviously been the best singer on Monday. Now, true confession. I live in Texas, so of course our country radio stations are going to celebrate the home state girl. However, I can't help but wonder. If country stations around the nation are doing this, then she might be sailing to the final and even the win. And the fact that she's still in the running would make the DJ's happy, no matter what happened to the rest of Adam's team.

You might be wondering why, if I listen to a country radio station, I'm not watching the show. Good question. Actually, my husband is the one who loves country, and so he's the one who turns on the radio in our car. I always hated country music, but since our marriage he has gradually won me over. There are now a handful of country songs I like. That's why I left off watching this show, because I don't like country enough to watch an entire show of it. It's not just The Voice, either. I stopped watching AI when Scotty and that country girl made it to the finale. I just wasn't going to waste two hours of my time to watch singers I didn't care about.

And now for my last, rambling thought. Most of the few country songs I do like are by female artists, and they're pop/country songs. So now I understand why Cassadee did what she did. I didn't like her and didn't watch last season's finale since I didn't want to see her win. However, that is clearly a money-making genre, so I can see why she sang that way. To be perfectly honest, I would have considered doing the same.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Babbred, you're not barging. Please join in!

I noticed that being from Texas and being country didn't bring Kree a win on AI this season. She was a great talent though. The winner was not country but was also very good.

I wasn't a Cassadee fan either, but watched anyway. She has a good voice, but I never felt country was her thing. It's something you can just feel as opposed to just hear. I feel country with Danielle, Amber, Holly and The Swon Brothers.

I agree Debb and Babbred don't ever think you are barging in whether you watch the show or not. I like reading everyone's different opinions. Thank you for sharing your story with us and how your husband is the one that made you appreciate some country music.

Everyone has a right to like who they like as artists and what they enjoy listening to. I think it would be a rather boring world if we all liked the same thing. Some of us like Country, some like R&B, some like Pop and I know there are plenty who like Rap. Some of us appreciate all genres.

Right now going into this week we have more country artists, but obviously I think that will change because there can only be one winner at the end. If we were to lose two country artists then the playing field changes completely. You will end up having Michelle from the Pop world, whoever remains from Blake's country team, Sasha from the R&B or Pop world (I am not as clear about what genre she is most interested in) and Amber from Adam's world who sings all types of music including country. Again, that is saying that two country artists are indeed eliminated from Blake's team.

Babbred I agree with what you said regarding Cassadee I would have done the same thing. She had already tried the Pop world and I think anyone would try what they thought might give them a better chance. I also find it interesting what you had to say about Amber and I wonder if she were to win what route she would end up taking? Would she stick with country, or try a mixture of Pop and Country?

I just look back to who I consider the two top artists that came from AI. Kelly and Carrie. Not to say others have not done okay and have certainly had success. Kelly from the Pop world, but still crosses over and does country at times and Carrie from the country world. Yet, Carrie does all different types of country and even crosses over to the Rock world at times. What I mean is she just performed with the Rolling Stones over Memorial Day weekend singing with Mick Jagger. Throughout the tour, the Rolling Stones have featured several guest singers, Stefani, Lady Gaga, Mary J. Blige, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Urban, Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters, John Mayer, etc. I think what I am trying to say is that today all sorts of genres perform with each other these days. You see that on all these different award shows. All types of artists performing with each other and not as separate as it was at one time.

JMO, but it seems like some genres are harder to crack. I will be interested to see how this year's AI winner does. I only watched the last two shows, so no expert on who they had for talent this season.

Anyway, just trying to say I enjoy reading everyone's comments and opinions.

I think Rappers and country artists are realizing they have quite a bit in common. Recent colaboration on albums have included:
    Jason Aldean and Ludacris, Snoop Dog and Willie Nelson, Tim McGraw and and Nelly, and LL Cool J and Brad Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think Rappers and country artists are realizing they have quite a bit in common. Recent colaboration on albums have included:
    Jason Aldean and Ludacris, Snoop Dog and Willie Nelson, Tim McGraw and and Nelly, and LL Cool J and Brad Paisley.
    So funny Debb as I saw Willie Nelson perform about 20 years ago and if you told me that one day he would be collaborating with Snoop Dog I never would have believed it. I saw Brad Paisley as well and for me that is more believable. I love LL Cool J, but not sure if that is because I love him from NCIS Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree Debb and Babbred don't ever think you are barging in whether you watch the show or not. I like reading everyone's different opinions. Thank you for sharing your story with us and how your husband is the one that made you appreciate some country music.
    I probably won't comment again this season--unless this show make the news again.

Everyone has a right to like who they like as artists and what they enjoy listening to. I think it would be a rather boring world if we all liked the same thing. Some of us like Country, some like R&B, some like Pop and I know there are plenty who like Rap. Some of us appreciate all genres.
    I completely agree. I don't hate Scotty and Cassadee. I'm just not that interested in their songs.

Babbred I agree with what you said regarding Cassadee I would have done the same thing. She had already tried the Pop world and I think anyone would try what they thought might give them a better chance. I also find it interesting what you had to say about Amber and I wonder if she were to win what route she would end up taking? Would she stick with country, or try a mixture of Pop and Country?

I just look back to who I consider the two top artists that came from AI. Kelly and Carrie. Not to say others have not done okay and have certainly had success. Kelly from the Pop world, but still crosses over and does country at times and Carrie from the country world. Yet, Carrie does all different types of country and even crosses over to the Rock world at times. What I mean is she just performed with the Rolling Stones over Memorial Day weekend singing with Mick Jagger. Throughout the tour, the Rolling Stones have featured several guest singers, Stefani, Lady Gaga, Mary J. Blige, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Urban, Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters, John Mayer, etc. I think what I am trying to say is that today all sorts of genres perform with each other these days. You see that on all these different award shows. All types of artists performing with each other and not as separate as it was at one time.

JMO, but it seems like some genres are harder to crack. I will be interested to see how this year's AI winner does. I only watched the last two shows, so no expert on who they had for talent this seaso

Anyway, just trying to say I enjoy reading everyone's comments and opinions.

I love Carrie's new song "Two Black Cadillacs". The first time I heard it, I thought, "There's a song that Janis Joplin (or her modern wannabee) would like." Another couple that I love are Miranda's song about "you ain't seen me crazy yet" and that song about the crazy woman whose mother tells her to "act like a lady" after a break-up. I can totally relate to those songs! (And BTW, could anybody help me identify them? )

Speaking of which, as soon as I heard what happened to Adam's team, I thought "The ghost of Midas Whale strikes back!" I nearly died laughing when I saw that you had the same thought, Johnny!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread