+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

When I watched The Voice in previous seasons where there were no country artists, I didn't turn it off and refuse to watch because they were all non-country. I think there's room for everyone and this season's country flavor is about time.
    I don't understand why the country vibe would cause people to stop watching, since the country contestants are getting the most votes. Recall a country artist won America's Got Talent a couple of seasons ago, Scotty, who's country, won AI last season and a country artist won The X Factor last season too. So, it don't see that the viewers reject country. Just the opposite. (OH, and Kree, who's country came in second on AI.)
    I'm enjoying this season much more than last season. I never liked Cassadee who won last season. Wasn't she country?
    Debb you said so much that I completely agree with. I appreciate all types of music except rap, but I never turned it off because there was no country. Like you mentioned I just continued watching the artists that I did enjoy. I hear many say that The Voice has never had a successful winner. Maybe if a country person does win then they too can have a successful winner. Even if they don't win I see these country artists that Blake has on his team doing pretty well in the country world.

Regarding Cassadee who won last season and was not my favorite either - she wanted to do Pop, but decided to turn to country because she thought she would be more successful at it. The weeks she sang country she had the support from the country people and I think she knew she might have a better chance going that route. For whatever reason people who like country seem to be very loyal to their fellow artists and The Voice had two prior winners from the R&B world who ended up not being very successful.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    Yeah that was shocking I thought Judith Hill had a real shot at winning this i voted for her 12 times. I was really disappointed that her and Sarah were eliminated. and to be honest Im just not impressed with Michelle or the Swon Brothers cant believe they are still around. I guess i depends on what type of music/voice you like. Still hoping Danielle wins it all
    I muted the Swon Brothers.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, The Voice has a big problem in that its winners don't have much success. I can't figure it out. It makes me a little sad to see those contestants standing there waiting to see if they will continue on the show as if their life depends on it. But, in reality, what has The Voice really done for the previous winners?

I hear that some former contestants have had a small part in a video, but nothing really substantial. If The Voice can't properly support their winners and give them a proper send off and platform, then they are being fakes, IMO. They act like winning The Voice is all that, but it just isn't....not yet anyway.

If Cassadee has done more than what I have seen from a youtube audience video please post it. I never cared for the girl, but certainly they could have helped her more more. Wouldn't you think?

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Four Eyes On It! The Usher/Michelle team have gone branding for votes. Me likey.

The last few weeks, to me, Sarah has sounded weak when changing registers and I wasn't as captivated as before. Judith is magnificent and deserves to step away from the back-up mike. She just needs to make that record and find her own marketing team, already. I can understand cocky Adam getting the wind knocked out and lashing wildly about the country not seeing what he sees.

Why are the Swon Brothers still there?

In listening to voice comparisons last night I found Danielle to be more strident, less nuanced in her vocals than Amber or Holly. What she has going for her is exuberant youth and cuteness.

I'm looking for a Danielle (just because she's been on top) Michelle, Amber and Holly final four with a final two of Danielle and Michelle. That would be a classic battle of style. Indie vs. Country.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-29-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Four Eyes On It! The Usher/Michelle team have gone branding for votes. Me likey.
    Me too!!

final two of Holly and Michelle.
    yes this!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Out of curiosity, I looked up most of the former winners and finalists just to see what The Voice did for them. Here's what I found. Please chime in if you have more info.

Javia Colon, winner, recorded an album, but later left the record label due to artistic differences. That's about it.

Dia Frampton. She had a fair amount of success before The Voice, but I couldn't find anything after that.

Beverly McCelleon. She did a lot before The Voice, but I couldn't find anything after that.

Jermain Paul, winner, has made an album since The Voice, no release date available.

Juliet Simms went on Ceelo's record label. It was released in 2012 I think. Apparently it wasn't promoted.

Tony Lucca. Adam signed him on his record label. No release date.

Terry McDermott. I couldn't locate anything he has done since The Voice.

Chris Mann was featured on a PBS concert special. I saw it. It was pretty good. He also sang on the Memorial Service special in DC this week.

Cassadee Pope, winner. Is signed with Republic Nashville label. No release date.

Nicholas David is touring and ready to release his new album, although, it sounds like he is just getting publicity that he loves. Here's an article about him post The Voice. He sounds like the one with most of the success!
    Nicholas David on life after The Voice | kare11.com

So, I guess it's true that many of the talented contestants get record deals, but it often doesn't turn out to be very successful. I guess a lot goes into that and The Voice isn't following through or something.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, The Voice has a big problem in that its winners don't have much success. I can't figure it out. It makes me a little sad to see those contestants standing there waiting to see if they will continue on the show as if their life depends on it. But, in reality, what has The Voice really done for the previous winners?

I hear that some former contestants have had a small part in a video, but nothing really substantial. If The Voice can't properly support their winners and give them a proper send off and platform, then they are being fakes, IMO. They act like winning The Voice is all that, but it just isn't....not yet anyway.

If Cassadee has done more than what I have seen from a youtube audience video please post it. I never cared for the girl, but certainly they could have helped her more more. Wouldn't you think?
    Just read she will be appearing on the show June 4th so maybe we will get to see what she can or can't do. She just won in December and her album is being released in June. This may be the promotion of it. To be honest it has to be up to the winner to be able to sell the music. All these shows including AI give the winners a record deal along with some of those that did not win, but if the artist doesn't sell and the fans don't support them they can only carry them so long. I think what these shows do for them is provide exposure that they might not have received if they just tried on their own. They certainly can not make fans buy their music.

I think what we saw back in the old days of AI where we saw the first great winner Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood who are extremely successful is not because of AI other than they gave them exposure to the world and gave them the means to start to make music. The show itself doesn't do any more than that. Back when they won there were no other singing shows so winning AI was a big deal. Right now Kelly Clarkson broke away from AI and her first label long ago and has been with Reba McEntire's husband Narvel Blackstock since 2007. She is also engaged to Narvel's son. Kelly Clarkson is the one who is making Kelly Clarkson who she is today. She is also very happy with her present management of Narvel.

Carrie Underwood another fantastic success story, but it is because of her and her amazing talent. AI lent their name to her and the title of winner, but that doesn't guarantee success. Other winners have proven that they have the title, but not the fame.

I don't blame any of these shows and say one is better than the other because I think they all offer the same opportunity to each contestant. They offer the platform, the record label, but the talent has to come from themselves. Without a doubt Kelly and Carrie have proven that.
    Misty8723 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Cassadee is on tour right now. She was in Louisville on Monday. She's playing bars/clubs. Must have have fairly well attended because I saw quite a few photos on facebook.

I can understand people who don't like country being done with watching the show, because I felt that way with AI this last season. Not a fan of the power ballads, especially a show that is all ballads all the time. Once Janelle was gone, I had no interest in watching. I like country, some of it that is, so I'm enjoying this season well enough. However, Michelle is my favorite at the moment, but I would be okay with any one of them winning.

As far as the winners not doing anything after the show is over - it's actually been that way even with AI from the beginning. We have a few people who have made it big, but most of them just fade back into obscurity. If they're able to make a living doing what they love (making music), and not have to go back to the beauty show or bar or whatever they were doing before the show, then I think they're winners. If they come on these shows hoping to become superstars, that's a very long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Why are the Swon Brothers still there?
    Apparently enough people who vote like them enough to keep them around. I'm happy they're still there, I enjoy watching them very much, and they're a good change from all the female voices. However, I don't bother to vote.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-30-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Adam explains his remark:

Adam Levine lost two of his team members on Tuesday's episode of "The Voice," but it was a comment he made post-elimination that got people talking.

The Maroon 5 frontman was overheard muttering "I hate this country," after Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons were ousted from the NBC singing competition.

His remark drew quick reaction online, with some criticizing Levine and others defending his comment as a joke.

Later, he released a statement saying, "I obviously love my country very much and my comments last night were made purely out of frustration."

"Being a part of 'The Voice,' I am passionately invested in my team and want to see my artists succeed," Levine added. "Last night's elimination of Judith and Sarah was confusing and downright emotional for me and my comments were made based on my personal dissatisfaction with the results. I am very connected to my artists and know they have long careers ahead, regardless of their outcome on the show."

The elimination of Simmons and Hill -- both judges' favorites -- leaves Levine with just one singer left on his team (Amber Carrington). Usher and Shakira also have one team member remaining (Michelle Chamuel and Sasha Allen, respectively), while Blake Shelton still has three contestants on his team (Holly Tucker, Danielle Bradbery and the Swon Brothers).
    "The Voice": Adam Levine explains "I hate this country" remark - CBS News

+ Reply to Thread