+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 5/20-5/21- Live Top 10 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/20-5/21- Live Top 10 **SPOILERS**

Like canadian angel stated previously, I hate that they're rushing things at the end. Dump the questions part, definitely dump Christina Milian and you'd have all kinds of time to say good bye at the end. I would like to hear from the contestants (and their coaches) before they leave.

Just wanted to check in. This morning our local country radio station played Blake and Miranda's "Oklahoma Tribute" performance. Oh, it was beautiful. Blake is my favorite judge on this show.

And speaking of which, then the DJ's had to go and ruin my morning. Right after the song, they announced, "Ce-Lo and Christina will be back for next season!"

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....NOO OOOOOOOOOO.

Although I didn't like their contestant choices, I did like Shakira and Usher's personalities. I really loved their banter with Blake and Adam. I didn't mind Ce-Lo (he did make me laugh with his outrageous behavior), but the thought of having to watch Christina again is driving me nuts. I need a drink.

Ok, on to this week's show. I stopped watching after the Knockout Rounds. However, I skimmed the thread for this week. Are the Swon Brothers really the last male contestants? Somebody commented on this being the "Year of the Musical Woman" and yep, looks like it's true. I don't necessarily mind that--these musical shows are long overdue to have a female winner. However, I wish that for this show, they had had different women. If I had to make a guess, based on my memories of them, I would say that Amber is going to win. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Judith or Danielle won, either. Kudos to Swon for making it this far, but I would be very surprised if they made it to the final.

Just a final note. I wonder if Usher and Shakira always planned to only do one season? Or are they being thrown out because of the lousy job they're doing? So much for "I discovered Justin Bieber, I can make you a star."

Also, I totally hear you, Johnny. I hope the ghost of Midas Whale is hovering nearby, too.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I like all genre's of music so it doesn't matter to me who wins based off thier genre. But I have to say that I just don't like anyone on Usher's or Sharika's team. I think they both choose badly in the battle rounds and knock out rounds.

They all have good voices. Some are great! But I think the top 4 will be two from Blake's team (Danielle and Holly) and two from Adama's team (Sarah and Amber)....I think I got their names right (awful with remembering names).
    Naah my top 4 are Danielle (hoping she wins!), Judith, Sarah, and Sasha. I think Amber is overated im sorry.
    Punkin likes this.

I just dont get Amber!
    Punkin and JohnnyK like this.

I agree with you Kris should have stayed over the swons
    Punkin likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    I just dont get Amber!
    Neither do I. And neither does Midas Whale ghost.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

I like the Swon Brothers. I think that is who I am rooting for.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2
    They all have good voices. Some are great! But I think the top 4 will be two from Blake's team (Danielle and Holly) and two from Adama's team (Sarah and Amber)....I think I got their names right (awful with remembering names).
    You got all their names right! For some odd reason I think the F4 could possibly be one member from each team. Danielle, Michelle, Sasha and either Judith/Sarah/Amber. Next week will be very crucial for Blake and Adam, the members of their teams are gonna have to knock it out of the park and I think that someone may be a surprise boot next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    I get the Swon Brothers, they've really grown on me and I'm glad they're still there.

It does appear they had weak men on this show too, what is up with that. All women left except the Swon Brothers? I like the ladies, but I like a little diversity and male voices too.
    Agreed. Now that the guy candy is gone, it's not going to be the same. I mean we've still got Adam, Blake and Usher to drool over but I'd like to hear new male singers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70
    Okay, I guess I should just shut up about the Swon Brothers. How are they staying on that show? I don't get it.
    Don't shut up about them. It's pretty boring when everyone loves all the same people. Last season it seemed like we all liked the same contestants and couldn't stand one. LOL I like to read and hear differing opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70
    However, there are some country males artists who don't have strong vocals, such as Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Florida-Georgia Line, etc.
    Tim McGraw doesn't have strong vocals? Have to disagree with that but it doesn't really matter because Keith and Tim have such swoon worthy voices/song.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred
    Just a final note. I wonder if Usher and Shakira always planned to only do one season? Or are they being thrown out because of the lousy job they're doing? So much for "I discovered Justin Bieber, I can make you a star."
    I think they were brought in as replacements for the oh-so-busy CeeLo and XTina (HAHAHAHAHAHA) but the producers were probably not expecting that they would make such an impact with the audience and that the chemistry would be so strong with Blake and Adam. Usher has a lucrative career going on, not sure about Shakira, but she does have a young baby, so that keeps her busy. Plus she is based out of Spain and her boyfriend is a soccer player so she wants to stay on that side of the ocean, at least for now. I wouldn't be surprised if she does an overseas version of The Voice. They may have made rookie mistakes in choosing their team and not fighting harder for certain people but I don't think they did a lousy job. I do hope they come back as they bring a whole new brand of coaching to their teams and it is vastly different than XTina and CeeLo.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'm not saying Tim McGraw has a bad voice, it's just not as strong and full bodied like many male country vocalists. I love the guy. He has some really good songs.

I guess what I have to do is take a step back and see what the voters are voting for instead of what I think is good. I'll watch the performances next week and see what direction the remaining artists go. Right now, heading for the finals, I think it's likely that the following will be around. Danielle, Holly, Amber and Michelle, maybe Sarah if she continues with good songs and lets her voice out.

I like Judith, Michelle, Sarah and the Swon Brothers. I was digging Josiah too. I like a little polish, quirky, grit and harmony. I also like a little pretty boy rock. Amber, Holly, Danielle all sound similar too me. If I can't tell you apart from mainstream radio folks then you have no IT factor, in my opinion. So, I'm bored by them.

Kris sings like a female and so I'd put him the same grouping as the ladies. But, he has no swag. No, swoon to his croon and so he doesn't have the sex appeal to pull off his performance. Nah, and I like some bass in my R&B love songs. I liked Vedo better. Sasha does not connect at all. She can sing but not emote. She is a cold singer.

As far as coaching, Usher and Shakira got leftovers because they were unknowns. Usher offers the best coaching techniques but his talent really can't pull it off. Song selections are not great. Same with Shakira. She is very supportive. I think Blake and Adam have the experience and market share.

+ Reply to Thread