+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 5/13-5/14- Live Top 12 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/13-5/14- Live Top 12 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just got word that You tube links are allowed, so I'm adding it for the How Country Feels. It's just about the best way to explain country music to people who don't like or can't relate.
    Randy Houser - How Country Feels - YouTube
    Great link Debb and I had to laugh when the girl at the end of the video was in her cubicle and then showed she had her boots on. Reminded me of myself as I love country western boots and you would be shocked at how many I own. Not only myself because to this day, that is all my husband wears to work. I think he is a cowboy at heart, because he has his truck and whenever he is driving it, he makes sure to wear his cowboy hat. The real surprise is that we are both from the north.

My husband and I both share a love of all music (except rap) and have an amazing cd collection of all types of music, but each of us have always had this love of country music, and have no idea where it came from. We grew to love it even more when country western clubs started popping up all over in the north and we ended up going for country western dancing lessons. We danced for 16 years and no matter where we traveled we took a pair of our boots so we could go dancing. Our favorite was the two step, but did both east and west coast swing, waltz, couples dances and line dancing. We even were on a cruise that had country night and we took first place in their dance contest.

Sadly, all the clubs started closing because the owners complained we didn't drink enough, because we were too busy dancing. Nothing was better than dancing to all the great live country bands when we first started. Later the clubs switched to DJs to cut costs and then eventually they started closing. You can still go to private places where the instructors hold dances about twice a month, but there was a point where we danced 5 to 6 nights a week. I have never had so much fun and met some of the greatest people along the way. Country music will always have a special place in my heart. It just makes me feel good.
    Debb70 likes this.

Jayceegirl, that's a great post. Thanks for sharing. You sound like a fun couple. Takes me back to the days of Boot Scoot Boogie and Any Man of Mine. lol

Don't forget to check Blake's new video out. It's on the judge's thread.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-20-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well, I don't hate country, but sometimes these shows make me sick of it.
    That's how I feel about R&B and the power ballad stuff, sick of it. I like country, so the more the better.
    mandmmom2 and Jaceegirl like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Jayceegirl, that's a great post. Thanks for sharing. You sound like a fun couple. Takes me back to the days of Boot Scoot Boogie and Any Man of Mine. lol

Don't forget to check Blake's new video out. It's on the judge's thread.
    Thanks Debb I will be sure to check it out. Love me some Blake Shelton. Boot Scootin Boogie was the second line dance we learned by Brooks and Dunn. We later learned as we traveled around that there are 26 different line dances to the same song. One time we rushed out to the floor to do it the way we knew and looked around to see they were doing it differently. lol

Any Man of Mine with Shania Twain was one of our favorite songs to Two Step to. Now I feel like dancing!. (best I could do with our icons to represent dancing). lol

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I prefer R&B, but rock the most. Well, classic rock, that is.

Next season the show will be renamed The Voice: Search for the Next Country Superstar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789