+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 5/6 - 5/8- Live Playoffs **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/6 - 5/8- Live Playoffs **SPOILERS**

Judith has the most followers on twitter and Facebook and Caroline Glaser has the second most followers
    I think these two will be in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post

The top 2 vote/sells are automatically through and then the coach picks the 3rd. I imagine TPTB will instruct Adam to keep Caroline over Judith as she is bringing in more revenue from itunes.
    People can say all they want about their call-in votes counting but I guarantee if they are making tons of money on one artist in itunes sales and substantially less on another I know who will be staying...

also--I think Judith is good but the other 3 gals are far more enjoyable (maybe even better as I don't think Judith is all that and shes certainly not to the level of "diva") and will likely reach a broader obvious in terms of the type of records they would make...
    Actually Katrina was doing well in iTunes but Adam chose Tony Lucca over her. Also Xtina cut Jesse Campbell while he was doing well in the charts.

Anyone noticed that Phil Collin's "Against all Odds" were being downloaded too (#188) so Vedo was actually losing votes because people were downloading Phil Collins' version and not his.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

FORT Regular

My favorites tonight are, Holly, Kris, Swon Brothers, Danielle and Sasha. Sasha sang a different version of "Oh Darlin" than Juliet Simms did last year, but I liked it just as well if not better. I actually liked most of the songs with the exception of Carina's. I know she has a good voice, but like Judith, she just doesn't appeal to me and I probably wouldn't buy her music. As much as I like The Voice, I don't know if any of the former contestants have really broken out as star performers. Perhaps Javier has done the best. Does anyone know?? I don't think anyone has done a "What are they doing now?" column on former Voice contestants. American Idol for all it's faults (which seem increasing every year) has had a fairly large number of contestants who are making and selling music or branching out into other well known fields such as acting. guess I should check out some of their facebook pages for an update.

FORT Regular

I am still firmly on the Team Adam's bandwagon, but I have my favorites from the other coaches' teams, with Michelle topping the list and the Swon Brothers a close second.

I just LOVE Michelle's exuberance and quirkiness, and I am so getting Glee flahbacks when I see her perform on stage. I think she would be a total riot if she gets a guest role on the show (perhaps as Artie's elder sister or some long-lost relative?)
    sparklete likes this.

I was very impressed with Blake's team. I'm not sure why Usher and some are acting like country music is so foreign. The new country music is very mainstream now. Where have they been for the last 5 years? Country music is in Vegas and played by artists like Kellie Clarkson, Sheryl Crowe, Kid Rock, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood. It's not your grandma's country music. Okay. I had to get that out.

LOVED Holly, Danielle and Justin. The only one I like on Shakira's team is Sasha and I didn't like her song choice. Plus, she sounded like she was screaming too much for my taste. I didn't care for the Swon Brothers either, but think their song was the problem.

LOVED Blake's team doing Boondocks. That was a great hit by Little Big Town.

Can we make predictions as to who we think will stay or leave on this thread?
    Here's the link that show all the remaining contestants:
    The Voice | NBC
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-08-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Blake was incredibly smart to have all his team members sing popular country songs that many casual fans even know. But I really loved hearing "Meet in the Middle" and "Fishin in the Dark." Both bring back great memories of my childhood.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Actually Katrina was doing well in iTunes but Adam chose Tony Lucca over her. Also Xtina cut Jesse Campbell while he was doing well in the charts.
    Yea, that was new last year so I suspect this year TPTB will remedy that situation...no way are they going to give up $$ when the coaches are employees.
    Of course, it would be lovely if it was completely legit and credible but I just can't imagine the folks in charge not ensuring that they keep the folks who are making them the most money...thats just business.

Did I really say obvious instead of audience? my my.

These are my predictions, (just speculation).

Blake's Team, Going home: Swon Brothers
    Usher's Team, Going home: Cathia
    Shakira's Team, Going home: Garrett
    Adam's Team, Going home, Caroline

FORT Fan

Danielle is currently No. 4 on iTunes right now. Looking very Casidee Pope-ish, right now.

+ Reply to Thread