+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Voice 4/22 and 4/23 ******Spoilers********

Re: The Voice 4/22 and 4/23 ******Spoilers********

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    Debb70 I agree with you -- the one shakira kept she rubs me the wrong way I cannot explain it she seems cocky and smug to me....

I really wish for once an "older" person would win like Shauna (I think that is her name) she has a great voice but I don't the young crowd "get it"...

So funny how Blake has been striving for a country singer on this show and x factor fans picked a country singer as the winner...just found it interesting.
    Is she the woman that is the oldest on the show? She's 45 years old and did Janis Joplin. IF that is who you are describing, I can't see her getting far. She's great, but she has a personna that is older than 45 years, IMO. At that age, she could have gotten some advice on her hair, makeup and clothes. She came off too old. With the right advice, she could have looked much younger. I don't think it's her age per se that will hold her back, but her old look. I really like to root for the older contestants, but IMO, they need to get some professional advice when going on these shows. If she had, she would have helped herself out, IMO.

Me and names, but didn't we have one older woman on both seasons 1 and 2 who went quite far into the compeition? Oh, remember Beverly, the rocker? And...and...
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Me and names, but didn't we have one older woman on both seasons 1 and 2 who went quite far into the compeition? Oh, remember Beverly, the rocker? And...and...
    Oh, I didn't think Beverly was very old. I'll check on it......................

Yeah, you're right. She was 41 when she appeared on the show. I had no idea.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-25-2013 at 05:08 PM.

yes, she is the one that did Janis Joplin, I do think age is what is gonna hold her back....I don't see her getting to far because the young people that watch this show do not know true talent it is a popularity contest in all honesty.

IMO -- I think she looked great the other night and she had GREAT stage presence -- I hope she goes far she is very talented much better then some of the younger ones that made it through. In fact, I think she is one of her stronger performers.
    sparklete likes this.

But why did she have to leave that piece of grey hair hanging right around the front of her face? It was different from her other hair. To me, that scream, "Hey, look at my grey hair, I'm older than you think." Why do that?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Usher chooses Michelle S in a quick sing off
    Adam chooses Amy W in an even quicker sing off
    Blake chooses Justin (over the Morgan twins.. thank goodness he wasn't blinded by beauty!)
    So, does anyone recognize Amy Whitcomb? We have seen very little of her. Just a snippet of both her blind audition and her battle round. I was sure I recognized her though. It was driving me bananas. Then it hit me. Are there any fans of The Sing-Off? She's been on in at least 2 groups. Last season she sometimes sang lead for the all female group Delilah. Most notably she sang lead for when they did Bruno Mars' Grenade and Aerosmith's Dream On. I like her and am looking forward to them actually giving her some air time! And her being on Adam's team is a great match, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2 View Post
    I just don't think its fair to NOT give the backstory and the performances of EVERYONE picked on this show. It gives them such a disadvantage. I am disappointed tonight that once again this happened. Audience sympathy and also just seeing the person performing is so important to the final result. The only time in my knowledge with someone being negated throughout the beginning of the shows was AI's Kris Allen....(who I adored and still do BTW). Adam was so promoted and prompted from the first minute by them,....which I love Adam too.

Anyway....it will be an uphill battle when we don't "know their little bit of edited drama" that THE VOICE is promoting, with the others, that their story and performances were not SHOWN. They all have their OWN STORY!!! . The ones without the promotion are not familair to the audience and likely not to be voted on by the audience. The Voice has its agenda, just like AI....thankfully the AI viewers were able to see past it the season that KA won ( i LOVED ADAM TOO,) I just hated how he was promoted unfairly and Kris negated in the early rounds)....hopefully it can even up again here on The Voice. I do LOVE this show BTW.....and I love both AL and KA from that year on AI. JMHO of course! Thanks
    Karey :-)
    I hear you Karey. Amy is one of those contestants who is getting the short end of the stick. I wonder why they do this. Do they think the people being kept in the shadows are sub-par? Or are they saving them for drama? Everyone thinks they know who the best singers are, then the show pulls somebody else out of their back pocket, and the fans are wondering where in the heck that person came from. As much as I like Amy, she seemed to be hit or miss. I'm hoping Adam can help her be more consistent with her hits.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

well you cannot please anyone and everyone in this world, I for one am glad she is sticking to her age.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    So, does anyone recognize Amy Whitcomb? We have seen very little of her. Just a snippet of both her blind audition and her battle round. I was sure I recognized her though. It was driving me bananas. Then it hit me. Are there any fans of The Sing-Off? She's been on in at least 2 groups. Last season she sometimes sang lead for the all female group Delilah. Most notably she sang lead for when they did Bruno Mars' Grenade and Aerosmith's Dream On. I like her and am looking forward to them actually giving her some air time! And her being on Adam's team is a great match, IMO.
    Ahhh... I thought I recognized her from somewhere. I love The Sing-Off! I follow Pentatonix on facebook and they put out some amazing videos.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    Debb70 I agree with you -- the one shakira kept she rubs me the wrong way I cannot explain it she seems cocky and smug to me....

I really wish for once an "older" person would win like Shauna (I think that is her name) she has a great voice but I don't the young crowd "get it"...

So funny how Blake has been striving for a country singer on this show and x factor fans picked a country singer as the winner...just found it interesting.
    In actuality the one Shakira picked was the sweet young girl. The singer Usher stole was the cocky and smug one.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post

Thank you, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I saw her before.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 04-28-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    In actuality the one Shakira picked was the sweet young girl. The singer Usher stole was the cocky and smug one.

Thank you, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I saw her before.
    The one Shakira kept was the one who didn't learn the song and then oversang on the other girls part in rehearals. So, that seems pretty cocky to me. lol

+ Reply to Thread