+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: April 15 and 16 Battle Round ****Spoilers****

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: April 15 and 16 Battle Round ****Spoilers****

Most likely, but I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    O.M.G

OMG!

The Voice don't do this to me!

What's gonna happen next Monday? I'm so curious, I am almost tempted to go look for spoilers because I can't wait to see what happens. I really don't like wishing my life away, hoping that Monday comes quickly. lol
    I haven't seen any spoilers, but I'm guessing maybe Usher uses the steal on someone he just eliminated? That could make sense if he had more people on his team he wanted keep than the numbers allow.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't have an issue with a parent of young kids trying to make it big. Finances are hard and a win could mean a big difference in someone's ability to help support their family. I don't know the financial status of this lady, but I think she has the right to compete.
    Yes, she does, but I get so annoyed with anyone who gets up there and says I'm doing this for my kids, or to show my kids you can do anything, or I'm doing it for my family. It's not that I think people can't manage to have a career in show business and successfully have a family as well - probably some can - but I get turned off by people claiming they are "doing this" for someone else.
    Babbred likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I loved Caroline's voice, wow! Its so , so different!! no wonder Usher AND Adam wanted her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was annoyed at Usher's snarkiness last night. I'm not sure why he thought that jumping down the guys' throats was a good way to get them to sing better. It seemed like he just didn't like those guys and was angry at himself for picking them, expecially the one guy. He glares at the guy while he was singing and talking. I'm glad I saw that side of him.

NOW, it's making sense. I wondered what Sasha knew that made her steer clear of him. I hope it doesn't make a habit of trying to embarrass people.
    Babbred likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

My favorite rendition of Roxanne was sung by Dilana on the Rockstar show. I didn't believe that either of these guys were in love with this woman of the night, so the choice came down to style. I think Usher chose correctly for style.

Blake is staying true to what he said about landing on the side of Country, but at least the Indie artist has found a fellow traveler in Adam.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

I love Blake, but I'd hate to be on his team this year unless I was country since he is sticking by that so far.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yeah wasn't that Blake's reason for keeping one of the blonde girls? "She's country and I'm country so I have to go with her". What's the point of non-country going on his team then?
    Debb70 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was annoyed at Usher's snarkiness last night. I'm not sure why he thought that jumping down the guys' throats was a good way to get them to sing better. It seemed like he just didn't like those guys and was angry at himself for picking them, expecially the one guy. He glares at the guy while he was singing and talking. I'm glad I saw that side of him.

NOW, it's making sense. I wondered what Sasha knew that made her steer clear of him. I hope it doesn't make a habit of trying to embarrass people.
    I felt the opposite and liked the snark. If Usher is taking this seriously, then he also expects that of his team members. He wasn't all sunshine and roses, so I will roll with it.

Plus it seems that he might be the one involved with the steal kerfuffle next week. He's keeping it interesting, that' for sure.

Debb you asked what's going on with last year's winner, Cassadee. Check out this video:

Track Samples

IMO, try as she might, doesn't sound country at all. Plus she is doing all that stupid arm waving stuff. That can be changed, but you can't make a country singer out of a punk/emo/rock singer. She may have been marketable but I think that The Voice is gonna flunk out again with their winner.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I loved seeing that part of Usher as well. .He is serious, and I pretty sure it's not all sweetness and light with the others either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread